Premier League Gameweek 2

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
Do you think you miss Kompany in a match like this ??
No. Otamendi had a good game. First goal was Ederson's fault, second was a lapse in concentration. Just one of those days. Kompany's Anderlecht just conceded four to Kortrijik so I'm not sure what difference he'd have made today.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Foden the most talented player he's ever worked with (although he can't even get a game) and Spurs the second best team in Europe!

Why does Guardiola always talk such crap all the time??

Irwin99

A good result for Spurs but they got battered at times. How many first team players were out of this match for Spurs? Son, Ali, and....? Can't help but feel they're missing something in that team.

City will still win the league as they're by far the best team/squad.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Your thoughts on VAR?
Incredibly harsh and silly. If that was against us I'd be furious so I can't sit here and pretend it was fair.

I also thought City should have had a penalty in the first half, so I don't blame their fans if they're fuming. They blew us out of the water.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
A good result for Spurs but they got battered at times. How many first team players were out of this match for Spurs? Son, Ali, and....? Can't help but feel they're missing something in that team.

City will still win the league as they're by far the best team/squad.
Son, Alii and Vertonghen.

SirAnderson

Inappropriate meme image
Wow, City drew!
So you saying...there's a chance???

Anyway, not sure how much we can rely on City to make sure Liverpool doesn't get the hands on the PL trophy, Hopefully we can do that ourselves instead.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Incredibly harsh and silly. If that was against us I'd be furious so I can't sit here and pretend it was fair.

I also thought City should have had a penalty in the first half, so I don't blame their fans if they're fuming. They blew us out of the water.
Fuming would be an understatement.

Their anger over the decision is threatening to break the internet.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Wow, City drew!

Anyway, not sure how much we can rely on City to make sure Liverpool doesn't get the hands on the PL trophy, Hopefully we can do that ourselves instead.

Like your style.

Feck Liverpool, we'll stop City ourselves.

Alabaster Codify7

Foden the most talented player he's ever worked with (although he can't even get a game) and Spurs the second best team in Europe!

He is a cringeworthy tosser. Most talented player he's ever worked with but can't get anywhere near the first 11 and Pep will probably end up spending big bucks on a player next summer who plays in his position. It's just cringeworthy lip-service to make it seem like City have DNA for having talented young players etc.

PoTMS

Think he means runners up as in second best in Europe to Liverpool.

Amarsdd

I'm a hopeless optimist! Let's do it! :devil:

Any thread on the Aguero and Pep incident? Just been watching the highlights now and see they had a mild bust up when he was subbed.
looked so artificial and for the cameras. Same thing when Jesus's goal went in, Pep was kissing and hugging Aguero for an uncomfortably long time as well.

Needham

I'm a hopeless optimist! Let's do it! :devil:

Any thread on the Aguero and Pep incident? Just been watching the highlights now and see they had a mild bust up when he was subbed.
Yep, all resolved when Guardiola showed him his titles and Aguerro said, "Oh, yeah."

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Negative? I'm just saying it doesn't mean much 2 weeks into the season. I'm pretty sure under LvG we were leading the PL table in September into the season and then it all went south.

Ultimately, the quality between the different squads will show. I'm just being realistic.
Being realistic isn't being negative, don't know why people confuse the two.
Realism when the season has barely started is veiled negativity.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur

It was rightly ruled out, not sure why you are saying that. Was harsh but those are the rules.

Lyng

It was rightly ruled out, not sure why you are saying that. Was harsh but those are the rules.
It looked like he did everything he could to get his arms away from the ball though. Some kind of common sense needs to be in these decisions or VAR is going to be a plague. As much as I love City loosing points that was really a hard decision that felt like they got a goal taken away more than fair justice.

BigDub

Supports
Spurs
It looked like he did everything he could to get his arms away from the ball though. Some kind of common sense needs to be in these decisions or VAR is going to be a plague. As much as I love City loosing points that was really a hard decision that felt like they got a goal taken away more than fair justice.
It’s not VAR though, it’s the new rule. Last season the goal would have stood. The new rule states that even if the contact is not intentional, if the ball strikes an arm leading to a goal it should be disallowed. It doesn’t even matter if he tried to move his arm away.

Like many I agree it’s harsh and would be fuming if it went against my team, but by the letter of the (new) law it was the correct decision.

BigDub

Supports
Spurs
Son is an obvious one but how much do the other two make your team better? Apart from the second City goal I thought Sanchez was pretty decent as was Toby.
Vertonghen is our best CB, though I agree Sanchez played pretty well today.

Ooh2B

Supports
Arsenal
Your thoughts on VAR?

I’m not so sure that was really a question, more of a nudge in the right direction.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Wow, City drew!

Jim Carrey should negate the warning. After all, he's Jim Carrey!

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
And more importantly that rule has been introduced for everyone. Not just to spite City or help Spurs. Admittedly the penalty decision should have been looked at but like with Tammy Abraham if the ref has seen it and called it in live action then it has to be an absolute clear decision to overrule him (or her in our case).

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Yeah, Squishy didn't quite catch on bless him.

Typical bloody Spud.
:lol: Sorry, but I've made it clear in the past I think var and handball is a horrible mix so couldn't be too hypocritical.

(i did laugh though, like a lot. Couldn't happen to a nicer club and they don't deserve the law being fair to them anyway.)

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Son is an obvious one but how much do the other two make your team better? Apart from the second City goal I thought Sanchez was pretty decent as was Toby.
Alli improves us a lot if he's on his game. He had a poor season but people seem to forget he was one of the first names on the team sheet before that, he would have helped a lot in terms of providing someone a bit closer to Kane who was terribly isolated.

Vertonghen is our best cb, and whilst Sanchez recovered after a poor start, I'd still back Vertonghen to improve us most weeks. Especially in building from the back and dealing with the press.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
The rule is batshit mental. It's a completely accidental handball and it's innocuous.

How VAR stops and gives that but doesn't give it when Lamela drags a player down is beyond me.

always_hoping

Without talking about the VAR call deep into injury time. Man City 30 shots on goal, 10 on target. Spurs 3 shots on goal,two on target. Result 2-2. Football bloody hell indeed.

QoS

Supports
Liverpool
How shouldn't it be disallowed? The ball hit his hand and changed trajectory. If it didnt hit his hand they wouldn't of scored. Unintentional or not.

I obviously despise City, but they were so clearly the better team by miles. Should have won, and I also think that goal shouldn't have been disallowed.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
How do Spurs have so many injuries on game week two?

Davies, Dier, Alli, Wanyama, Vertonghen, Moura had a niggle and did only came on late.

Give it another couple games and you can add Winks and Lamela to that injury list.