Premier League Gameweek 2

Renegade

Isn’t the rule anything hitting the arm leading to a goal means no goal?

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Yeah Liverpool will win the league because of VAR and they'll proclaim this is the only title that counts because it's the only seasons every decision was correct etc

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
Why not let the season play instead of being so negative on matchday 2 :rolleyes:
Negative? I'm just saying it doesn't mean much 2 weeks into the season. I'm pretty sure under LvG we were leading the PL table in September into the season and then it all went south.

Ultimately, the quality between the different squads will show. I'm just being realistic.

Renegade

At least VAR will eliminate the embarrassing over celebrations from Klopp and Pep over time.

George Owen

LEAVE THE SFW THREAD ALONE!!1!
It’s the conflict between the science of it and the refs interpretation, I guess. If they were to just use it “sensibly” you’re at the mercy of human error again. You wouldn’t get consistent application of it. If they use it to enforce every single little rule, they ensure they can be consistent. Unfortunately it results in even the most nitpicky decisions ruling out goals, as we’ve seen time and time again.
Exactly. The less interpretation by the refs, the better.

Ball touches your arm/hand inside the box? FOUL, no questions asked.

they should be more alert in the VAR room though, and get the decisions faster to the ref.

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
:confused:

I don't get it. I don't want Liverpool to win the league.

ohhhh you mean City is the only one that can beat them to it? I don't care about that to be fair.

I just worry about us.

ps. have faith in VAR to feck Liverpool at some point.
VAR will feck everyone at some point this season. It's just a matter of when it happens and how crucial it proves to be in terms of how many points are dropped because of decisions being overturned.

It's B Rubble

Holy moaners Varman. A bunch of you need to have a night with a FIFA rule book and understand that VAR enforces rules. You’re upset a handball assist for City was disallowed? :confused: Fair is fair but please let go of your technology biases. If a few celebrations are cancelled out, so be it. It will happen to every team and will be something we have to learn to accept, like the development of round goalposts as opposed to square.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Why? You arent allowed to use your hands in football and the only reason a goal was scored was because a hand got the ball to Jesus.
Yeah, i know why it was disallowed. I know what the rules are, i just think they are incredibly harsh. He wasn't making his body bigger or anything like that. It just clipped his hand.

i don't care 'cause it's City. But it's ridiculous.

JustinC00

Spurs turn up for City and Utd but seem to bottle it against Liverpool.
What?

city is 5-4-1 in their last 10 matches against spurs

United has only lost to liverpool twice in the last 10 matches 3-5-2 against livepool in the last 10

If anyone is bottling it against anyone, it's spurs bottling it against city

Summit

"do the dead, spread your seed and get out"
Yeah Liverpool will win the league because of VAR and they'll proclaim this is the only title that counts because it's the only seasons every decision was correct etc
It's the second game of the season ffs. Jesus Christ...they will drop points themselves. :lol:

Or do you think they have now won the league because City can't make up 2 points in 36 games on Liverpool?

westley

Don't cry for me Manchester Shitty.
The truth is VAR never left you
Since Champions League, now in Premier League.
You are screwed!

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
It's the second game of the season ffs. Jesus Christ...they will drop points themselves. :lol:

Or do you think they have now won the league because City can't make up 2 points in 36 games on Liverpool?
Lots of insecure caftards or closet City fans. Like you said, it is too early in the season not to enjoy this

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604

I know it's far from over, I was replying to someone earlier who said Liverpool will win.

If they do, you bet it'll be the only title that ever counts.

MoXoM

So as it stands, we only need beat Wolves 1-0 on Monday to be top of the table :devil:

7even

Resident moaner, hypocrite and moron
Michael Oliver is probably one of the best referees in the game and still some of today’s decisions created bad feelings and frustrated players. The handball isn’t his fault but I can’t come around that my final feelings about his performances is disappointment.

Today he favored Spurs in the majority of his decisions. It just felt wrong. I don’t like City or Tottenham but my God he makes supporters from all camps irritated.

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Your right there's been no drama or emotion today......
You walk into a restaurant after a long and bad day. The waiters come up to your table with some special extra dishes. Your girlfriend/wife thinks you've arranged it all, and is so pleased with you. She gives you the "I'll repay you in bed" look, before taking a photograph for Instagram and uploading it. You've just dug your spoon into the appetizer, and are about to eat, when ... the waiters come back apologetically and take it all away. "Wrong table, sorry".

I'm just saying that the waiters should be called out by the manager way before your wife gives you the look or puts the food on Insta or starts eating.

leet

Holy moaners Varman. A bunch of you need to have a night with a FIFA rule book and understand that VAR enforces rules. You’re upset a handball assist for City was disallowed? :confused: Fair is fair but please let go of your technology biases. If a few celebrations are cancelled out, so be it. It will happen to every team and will be something we have to learn to accept, like the development of round goalposts as opposed to square.
Thing is, this wasn't intentional handball, think both of the players hit the ball with their hands somehow. That's why this new rule is.... stupid to say the least.

VAR is fine, the rules and refs are the problem. I don't really mind that City lost the points but this is gonna happen to us at some point and it's gonna be megasad.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
It seems like whenever we play Spurs these days we're basically playing a game of dice with VAR. The thing that I'm still struggling to get my head around though is Ederson's positioning for Lamela's goal. I genuinely cannot recall such horrendous positioning from a professional goalkeeper in any match ever.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Not exactly the same, it was hard to tell if Llorente handled the ball whilst the City handball today was blatant under the new rules.
It was plain to see Llorente handled the ball from the correct angle. I have zero issue with the decision now and didn't at the time. I have no issue with today's either. The rules changed and we just happen to be the team who got screwed twice but both were correct decisions, well the Llorente one was 50/50 and the ref made a call, this season it would certainly be ruled out. The issue last season was consistency Llorente being allowed to stand while every other handball was punished Kimpembe, the pen Aguero missed (can't remember who gave it away), one vs Otamendi. This season has been consistent with Wolves and now today. I have zero issue with either goal, last seasons one was open to interpretation and the ref didn't get the proper angle and even if he did, he didn't have to call it a HB. It didn't go our way but it did seem to be against the way refs implemented the rules in the way the ref implemented the CL.

Like the Sterling offside earlier, this season at least the rules are clear and consistent now even if it pisses off the let the game flow crew. Taking out the interpretation and deeming everything a HB does that. As long as the FA keep up this level of consistency I'll be fine with it. First time some team knock a ball into our box, it hits an arm and they score unpunished is when I'll have issue.

Ace of Spades

It seems like whenever we play Spurs these days we're basically playing a game of dice with VAR. The thing that I'm still struggling to get my head around though is Ederson's positioning for Lamela's goal. I genuinely cannot recall such horrendous positioning from a professional goalkeeper in any match ever.
Do you think you miss Kompany in a match like this ??

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Lots of insecure caftards or closet City fans. Like you said, it is too early in the season not to enjoy this
We've gotta be able to have a laugh at neighbours expense every once in a while. God knows they've been laughing at us over the last 5 or so years.

In any case, we'll be legit top of the table if we beat Wolves tomorrow.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
We've gotta be able to have a laugh at neighbours expense every once in a while. God knows they've been laughing at us over the last 5 or so years.

In any case, we'll be legit top of the table if we beat Wolves tomorrow.
Yeah. I don't get that weak mentality. There has been a caftard who kept mentioning Liverpool over and over again

Whiteside '85

You walk into a restaurant after a long and bad day. The waiters come up to your table with some special extra dishes. Your girlfriend/wife thinks you've arranged it all, and is so pleased with you. She gives you the "I'll repay you in bed" look, before taking a photograph for Instagram and uploading it. You've just dug your spoon into the appetizer, and are about to eat, when ... the waiters come back apologetically and take it all away. "Wrong table, sorry".

I'm just saying that the waiters should be called out by the manager way before your wife gives you the look or puts the food on Insta or starts eating.
Brilliant analogy and makes it all the better that City aren't getting there's tonight :wenger: You could turn it around. For us Utd fans it was a terrible night out ending with a long weekend in the Maldives :lol::lol::lol::lol:

Needham

Surely it's more like you went and sat at the wrong table with someone else's food on it and started stuffing your face in celebration.

BulgarianDevil91

Incredible luck for Liverpool, just cant wrap my head around it. They seem to have continued from where they left last season with almost everything going their way. Really annoying.