Premier League Gameweek 2

Ole'sattheWheel

Brighton absolutely gash against Newcastle. Typical cup final v us and then nothing v the other teams

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Yep, easily the most overrated United ex player post SAF. A bang average PL defender.
Put Maguire next to Rio Ferdinand and he would look like Nesta.
That award goes to Smalling. Evans is actually a decent defender.

CloneMC16

That's a well soft pen for Leicester. Looks like it's being overturned. Good call.

Mibabalou

53', 93', 94', 99', 90+1', 90+3', 26', 34'
I'm sure it's been said before but I don't even see the point in City.

It's just not even comparison at this point.

Not one player for the other team would even get in their 18. What's the point? This is entertainment and I'm bored.

Killing the sport.

RacingClub

Supports
Racing Club
Has to be right? It’s one or the other. I don’t understand why refs don’t enforce it that way.
It's why I can't stand fans crying about diving because every club does it and it's allowed to happen by the refs.

If the refs booked players for it then it wouldn't happen so much.

Spark

Brighton absolutely gash against Newcastle. Typical cup final v us and then nothing v the other teams
Not really, we're just shit and fecking easy to play against. Brentford will win today if we play like we did vs Brighton last week.

Bit like how Newcastle were atrocious until Eddie Howe whipped them into shape. Hopefully ETH does something similar (relatively speaking - not saying Newcastle are on our level).

CarbonStoolBites

Smalling was a far better defender than Evans imo, arguably better than Maguire too.
I remember the guy literally matching Auba for pace, nah I always felt way more comfortable with Smalling at the back than with Evans, at least he had superb athleticism going for him even though he couldn’t really play with the ball.
But to each their own…

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
They regularly seem to give the bigger teams a tough game tbf. Tend to struggle more against teams who don't want to play as attacking.

MUnchies

Smalling? the same player who has moved abroad to one of the biggest Italian clubs and just won a trophy starting. Smalling is not world class in anyway but to say Evans is better is laughable.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Nothing remotely interesting happening in any of the 3 o'clock games. :(

Trex

It's because our midfield is so bad we make ordinary teams look outstanding.
Compared to City, when you press them you're only giving them a way to break through your lines, when you press ours you know you'll get the ball off us.
We need high level technicians in midfield.

VivaRonaldo85

Doesn’t it show what signing a top player in an area of the pitch your weak in does to improve your team. As many predicted, Jesus will be a top signing for Arsenal and now makes them genuine top 4 contenders. It’s not rocket science now is it United……?

Yakuza_devils

Have to say that Arsenal look very good. Totally dominated Leicester. Should be easily 3- 4 up.

desertegil

Supports
ODDs Ballklubb
Who is getting sacked first this season?
  • Lampard
  • Rodgers
  • Any other PL manager

united_99

Takes pleasure in other people's pain
Smalling? the same player who has moved abroad to one of the biggest Italian clubs and just won a trophy starting. Smalling is not world class in anyway but to say Evans is better is laughable.
Literally just went on Transfermarkt to check if he had moved to Milan, Inter or Juve.
Christ, winning the mighty conference cup or whatever it is called is hardly proof that he is better than Evans.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Didn't Houllier sign Diouf over signing Anelka on a permanent transfer?
Yeah it was Anelka or Diouf, Cheyrou and Diao for about 20 million I think. Pretty much undid Houllier’s good work in the previous two seasons.