Premier League Gameweek 20-21

padr81

Supports
Man City

Surely not plucky, loveable Foden doing Munich gestures on TV.
That looks very shitty, will probably get explained away as the Fifa thing but warrants an investigation I'd say.

padr81

Supports
Man City
I wouldn't say you've done enough to be much better than them.
I'd say its fair to say United have been the better team but not by a large margin. The xg of 0.53 vs 0.1 would back that up I'd say. Not nearly the one sided game the matchday thread and some would say either.

tarc

Akanji was signed as a cheap insurance, turned out to be the first choice CB this season and well deserved.

Pep tries to turn Haarland to false 9? They should go all out for Kane instead.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Having more possession and doing nothing with it doesn’t cancel out multiple good chances.

I honestly don’t understand how anyone can have watched that 45 mins and call it even.
Because despite united’s chances you can’t overlook 70% possession. united cannot hold the ball but have had great chances that were squandered whilst City are controlling possession completely but can’t score or even create chances. Even as you can get. If Rashford stays out City are prob gonna shade it

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Martial off instread. Man. United going to end this game with a very young forward line.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I'd say its fair to say United have been the better team but not by a large margin. The xg of 0.53 vs 0.1 would back that up I'd say. Not nearly the one sided game the matchday thread and some would say either.
I don't think saying it's been pretty even is particularly controversial though either! :lol: I think there are many ways at looking at football and it's not just down to xG or we had one/two good chances and City didn't. It's quite clear you're being cautious after that Southampton game and trying to control possession and ease into the game. I think both teams have been good at some aspects of the game and poor at others hence the pretty even so far. I would say if you looked at the aspects that have been good so far you'd say United are ahead in terms of the team more likely to win!

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Meanwhile at Goodison things are coming to a head between the supporters and the board before Everton’s match today. The board-have been told to stay away which is a complete overreaction by the club.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
This has been a pretty pathetic United display in the second half.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
City still getting sloppy but united are just not taking advantage is the difference in this half plus the addition of Grealish

AltiUn

Referee giving absolutely everything City’s way, as if they need the extra help.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Rodri is a great player but he gets away with so much.

Man. City going to tactical foul their way to the 0-1.

padr81

Supports
Man City
You can't give a goal for that how the feck is he not interfering with play. Disgrace. He literally shapes to shoot the ball.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Hmmm weird one, he doesn't touch the ball but clearly hovers around it and influence the way Walker defends it. Not bothered either way

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
You can't give a goal for that how the feck is he not interfering with play. Disgrace.
Yeah, bizarre. I want United to win but that doesn't seem fair.

Either way you had a stranglehold on the game this half and let them back into it.

Nickholas

Supports
Chelsea
You can't give a goal for that how the feck is he not interfering with play. Disgrace. He literally shapes to shoot the ball.
two players had to mark rashford, I don't think that should have stood.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Water bottle coming out for Pep any second

padr81

Supports
Man City
feck this I'm off to the pub. Take a bow ref. Good movement by Rashford for the winner though.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
This will be a great end to the game once Pep puts Halaand in !

AltiUn

City should be fined for throwing themselves to the floor 4 times trying for a penalty.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
So a completely disgraceful decision on the first goal might well decide the outcome of a title race for City. Unreal

padr81

Supports
Man City
Ah well, we didn't do enough to win but didn't deserve to lose either, shocking decision to turn the game (decide the title race?) but thats what happens if you don't create chances.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Yes, City can be angry about that offside decision but they eased themselves into the game and had United on the ropes in the second half until their goal and then just stopped. Can only blame themselves for letting United into the game again when if they kept applying pressure they'd have been grand.

padr81

Supports
Man City
two players had to mark rashford, I don't think that should have stood.
If Rashford hadn't shaped to shoot with his left I'd have said its subjective but that was clear.
That said, we may have lost because of that but we were dogshit again bar first 25 minutes of 2nd half so it is what it is. We didn't deserve to win (nor did United really), two teams played poorly.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
City had a good half hour in the second half, their defenders are crap
What's happened to Dias? He played all the games for Portugal in the World cup so bit odd he's been injured either side of it. Laporte still only on the bench.

Ake-Akanji combination isn't winning you the league.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
What's happened to Dias? He played all the games for Portugal in the World cup so bit odd he's been injured either side of it. Laporte still only on the bench.

Ake-Akanji combination isn't winning you the league.
Dias is injured. He already played injured against Marocco and aggravated the injury. Partially also explains why he was crap in the WC.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Dias is injured. He already played injured against Marocco and aggravated the injury. Partially also explains why he was crap in the WC.
Fair enough, Laporte?

Flexdegea

So a completely disgraceful decision on the first goal might well decide the outcome of a title race for City. Unreal
Ah well, we didn't do enough to win but didn't deserve to lose either, shocking decision to turn the game (decide the title race?) but thats what happens if you don't create chances.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

How ya know we are back

padr81

Supports
Man City
Fair enough, Laporte?
Laporte has been shocking this season, I thought Ake was fine today, most United damage was done down the right. Don't think the cb's were the problem at all. Fullbacks again defensively.

kidbob

No way that goal should stand, however, unfortunately, like the Salah goal against Wolves and the Coady goal against us this part of offside is completely broken so in a way its the 'correct' decision. Fortunately Pep will now scream bloody murder and it will be fixed just like Klopp fixed us getting penalties.

padr81

Supports
Man City
No way that goal should stand, however, unfortunately, like the Salah goal against Wolves and the Coady goal against us this part of offside is completely broken so in a way its the 'correct' decision. Fortunately Pep will now scream bloody murder and it will be fixed just like Klopp fixed us getting penalties.
tis what it is buddy, annoyed and all as I was, no changing it now. enjoy the 3 points.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
Brighton have started really well. Liverpool slow to get into the game