Premier League Gameweek 20 (26th - 28th December 2017) - Boxing Day

HTG

Supports
Bayern
How easily City just destroyed Newcastle‘s pressing was quite funny to watch.

dichinero

People must be looking to Newcastle to give them the Christmas they never had.

Siorac

That could apply to practically any creative player, they need possession to influence the game.
Also, KdB plays a big part in City dominating possession. If you put Cleverley there they won't have 70+% every game for sure...

GeorgieBoy

That could apply to practically any creative player, they need possession to influence the game.
Don't get me wrong its not like I don't rate him; I do. Its just I don't believe he's the best player in the league like a lot of people do.

Skills

Snitch
It's incredible how quickly they push out from defence even this late in a game. Newcastle's CBs had 3 players on them as soon as they got the ball

It's amazing how hard this City team works. Sterling has been up and down the pitch all game, I've watched him stop 3 or more Newcastle attacks now.
Our wingers don't even track back most of the time.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
It seems that if someone still scores in this match, it will be Newcastle.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Mangala seems like a mistake just waiting to happen

Ban

It's amazing how hard this City team works. Sterling has been up and down the pitch all game, I've watched him stop 3 or more Newcastle attacks now.
Our wingers don't even track back most of the time.
I thought asking our wingers to track back takes out most of their offensive potential?

Robbie Boy

Wasn't playing for Dortmund. Only other club he was linked to was Athletic Club and they didn't stump up the cash.
Aye I knew he wasn't getting game time at Dortmund but he looks a far better standard of player than a Newcastle player. I think he would be a good squad option for a much better team.

Habs

This is where we would be defending for our lives with 10 men in our box against these sort of teams

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
I thought asking our wingers to track back takes out most of their offensive potential?
Ours do track back. Main difference is when attacking City's players are a lot further up the pitch and have better movement so even if they are marked, they have an outlet to pass to (especially with the quality of their FBs). We lack in that regard so our players end up going against 3-4 players with nobody in a decent position to pass to.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
It's a little funny how Newcastle are play8ng much better football while chasing this then we do when chasing late deficits. We just good it and look clueless for the most part.
Funny but sad

Habs

City are doing that too, only in their half.
Are we watching the same game? City are still playing their game and pressing still. Newcastle ofcourse are chasing the game as you would expect, this is completely different to how we are just look at the Leicester game against 10 men!

leontas

It's incredible how some football players lack any sort of footballing brain. How is Shelvey going to score from there?!

Needham

City win Sunday at Palace and they'll have reached 60 points before the new year. Pls don't let that happen Palace.

GhastlyHun

Supports
Bayern München
Are we watching the same game? City are still playing their game and pressing still. Newcastle ofcourse are chasing the game as you would expect, this is completely different to how we are just look at the Leicester game against 10 men!
That's what I meant ;) It's their system of defending, strangling the opponent in their own half.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Football is barely worth watching these days when anytime a player goes over it’s a freekick. Just ridiculous it’s barely a contact sport anymore.

Robbie Boy

There was lot of moaning here about Jose wanting our wingers to track back.
Would have assumed it's just a part of their game. I think with City the difference is their far superior movement. Often when our wingers win it back they are offered feck all outlets.

Bojan11

Newcastle have been decent. Teams can have success if they have a go at City, I don’t think they have great defenders.

Rajma

Sterling is very good at protecting the ball, really difficult to dispose him without resorting to all sorts of fouling.