Premier League Gameweek 23

Brophs

The One and Only
Fabio Silva is the guy at Wolves on loan to PSV. Fabio Vieira is a young prospect that is not really ready to play in the PL and has not adapted to the system. But yes he could be a very good player in the future.
Sorry yeah. Brain fart. Just googled and he's 22. Christ. Tough paper round.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Or how about not giving a shit who wins it between those two and wanting the result that gives us the best chance of catching both of them?

I'm taking the 1% chance of us winning it over even the slightest hint of a feck over who else could possibly win it. Unless it's the scouse. Feck the scouse.
Don't worry about this guy. He was preaching about our new owners yesterday, today he's here accusing us of being Citeh fans.

JustAGuest

Feels like most people on here are City supporters, to be honest. You seem like you're happy that plastic City's chances of a three-peat have increased (something that only United have done before)...preferring a disgusting club like them to win the title rather than an actual historic club like Arsenal (most of their fanbase is insufferable, that I agree with). :lol:

Probably the same ones twerking for Qatar
Best result for United's small chances of winning it. Couldn't care less about City, their cheating will catch up with them eventually.

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
I can now finally get some work done in the office. It’s going to be a library in the office tomorrow. Last few weeks has been a little too noisy.

Bellisimo

Fts 74

I wasnt particularly impressed with either side tbh,Arsenal spent too long trying to get the crowd going.

City too strong in the end.

PoTMS

United need to get second place. City get 15 points deducted this season. We win the league. I will be there no matter what.

Rojofiam

Best result for United's small chances of winning it. Couldn't care less about City, their cheating will catch up with them eventually.
The best result for us would've been a draw...unless City get a points deduction before this season ends, of course...sadly, I don't see that happening.

cyberman

The best result for us would've been a draw...unless City get a points deduction before this season ends, of course...sadly, I don't see that happening.
Disagree. Arsenal in bad form and a draw would have given them something to hang on to.
Being 5 points behind the favourites who are suddenly human this season is a fantastic spot for us to be in. Especially when these two have a return leg

JustAGuest

Fair enough. I just think they will drop points with how dodgy they have looked.

Wheato

A good result for us, because not many teams will take points off Arsenal this season. Opens a door that was closed.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Which is?
Three-peat is an annoying Americanism that nobody would have dreamed of using when we won three in a row.

Side note. You’re wrong about a draw being the best result for us. Arsenal losing was the best result if we want to have any hope of passing both these teams out. So it’s weird how much it bothers you that people are pleased about this.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Thought when Pep put round pegs in the round holes we were the better team. Akanji for Mahrez sub changed everything.
Arsenal were very good first half but a combination of Pep fixing Pep's crazyness and Arsenal tiredness I think the big factor.
Definitely felt like the second half was different to the first. Arsenal messed around too much with the ball around their own box. Made it easy for you to create turn overs in good areas.

Big result. The kind that you look back on and thing of as the turning point.

AndyMUFC

Wasn't a bad result for us at all. Never like to see City win but they're still not playing that well so it's not like there won't be more opportunities for them to drop points unless they suddenly turn it on.

Redlyn

Kalvin Phillips really derailed his career with that move. Barely a sniff.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Wasn't a bad result for us at all. Never like to see City win but they're still not playing that well so it's not like there won't be more opportunities for them to drop points unless they suddenly turn it on.
Yeah, I agree with this. Everybody seems to think City will just run away with it now, but they don't look a patch on their last few years. Even today they were poor for long periods of the game, just that Arsenal without Partey were worse.

Plenty of chances for both of them to drop points and another game against each other on the horizon.

Redlyn

Feels like most people on here are City supporters, to be honest. You seem like you're happy that plastic City's chances of a three-peat have increased (something that only United have done before)...preferring a disgusting club like them to win the title rather than an actual historic club like Arsenal (most of their fanbase is insufferable, that I agree with). :lol:

Nothing to do with city or arsenal and everything to do with United being closer to the top. Draw or city win is splitting hairs really, both are a win for united's title chances.

RedDevilRoshi

Arsenal had 64% possession but only managed 1 shot on target which was the dubious penalty call.

FeedTheGoat

Supports
Man City
Definitely felt like the second half was different to the first. Arsenal messed around too much with the ball around their own box. Made it easy for you to create turn overs in good areas.

Big result. The kind that you look back on and thing of as the turning point.
Taking nothing away from Arsenal (even though I'm about to) I half expected a game that played a bit like the City-Liverpool encounters in the last few years, techically flawless and nervy. The amount of flaws in this game shows that we have declined a bit in quality all over the field and it is a bit damning for Arsenal's title hopes that it still looked a bit too much for them. I think they have started playing the occasion rather than the matches a bit too early in the season.

Still ill

Fantasy Football Champ 2018
Feels like anything could happen still. Anyone who can put together 5 or 6 wins in a row gives themselves a good chance. Including us.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Disagree. Arsenal in bad form and a draw would have given them something to hang on to.
Being 5 points behind the favourites who are suddenly human this season is a fantastic spot for us to be in. Especially when these two have a return leg
As an outsider to United title chances, I think this is the correct answer. Had Arsenal drawn today, they'd be 6 points with a game in game, their tales would be up, so potentially 9. Instead of being potentially 9 points behind the title faves your are now 5 and its a much shakier Arsenal who have a game in hand.

Glorio

Just pleased we're 5 points off the top.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
As an outsider to United title chances, I think this is the correct answer. Had Arsenal drawn today, they'd be 6 points with a game in game, their tales would be up, so potentially 9. Instead of being potentially 9 points behind the title faves your are now 5 and its a much shakier Arsenal who have a game in hand.
It’s not even that complicated. If we want to win the league the best result is obviously the one that gains us the most ground on the team with the most points before tonight’s game. Even more so when Arsenal not only had more points than City, they had also played less games. Dunno why this is confusing to anyone.

padr81

Supports
Man City
It’s not even that complicated. If we want to win the league the best result is obviously the one that gains us the most ground on the team with the most points before tonight’s game. Even more so when Arsenal not only had more points than City, they had also played less games. Dunno why this is confusing to anyone.
Much simpler way to put it and spot on. You're closer to the top than you would be with any other result.

dwd

Saturday Night Spies
Exactly! Pin this fecking post to the homepage.

Tapori

Arsenal fans. We have to live with them. Liverpool, Arsenal in that order.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Taking nothing away from Arsenal (even though I'm about to) I half expected a game that played a bit like the City-Liverpool encounters in the last few years, techically flawless and nervy. The amount of flaws in this game shows that we have declined a bit in quality all over the field and it is a bit damning for Arsenal's title hopes that it still looked a bit too much for them. I think they have started playing the occasion rather than the matches a bit too early in the season.
The Everton result looks even worse after tonight. Definitely think their lack of experience is starting to show. They could do with getting Jesus back. Nketiah looks like he's starting to struggle a bit in front of goal, and Jesus has a bit more about him.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I still think Arsenal are a better team than City but lack experience, I really don't think we're far away from either. There's little chance we win the league but the fact is there is a chance. Things like this are on a game by game basis though, we lose against Leicester and City and Arsenal win their games then it's suddenly looking insurmountable again. Everyone looks beatable though, including the top 2.