Premier League Gameweek 23

Brophs

The One and Only
Genuine question, as I've not seen very much of him. Is Fabio Silva any good? He looks a very Wenger signing.

Could not disagree more. He is a key reason why City are more susceptible to the counter now than when they had Fernandinho.
I don’t think so. I think it’s the slight decline of Walker. Fernandinho was brilliant but was just better at tactical fouls.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
This must be the lowest % possession City have had for a long time is it? 36% at the moment.
I think that's the Haaland effect though. They're giving up possession and control for a more direct approach (goals)

It might backfire against teams that park the bus, but might give them more effect in the bigger games?

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Big statement win from Man. City. How many wins in a row is that now in the league v Arsenal?

Second half they played like they expected to win while Arsenal were hoping to win.

Arsenal gone a bit flat in final third. I think they'll start Trossard v us as Martinelli has gone off the boil and Nketieh had a nearly game, completely mistimed both headers.

That's the margins. After the penalty offside call they really need to slow down the game for 10 minutes and just have Jorginho and Odegaard passing the ball between them as Man. City sensed then they could win it if they quickened up the play.

Rojofiam

Feels like most people on here are City supporters, to be honest. You seem like you're happy that plastic City's chances of a three-peat have increased (something that only United have done before)...preferring a disgusting club like them to win the title rather than an actual historic club like Arsenal (most of their fanbase is insufferable, that I agree with). :lol:

Probably the same ones twerking for Qatar

chickensgowoof

Oh well, with that result we are a bit further away from second place finish, but a bit closer to winning it. All good I suppose

Brophs

The One and Only
There's a serious bang of “Ever tried. Ever failed. No matter. Try again. Fail again. Fail better" shoulder tattoo off Kyle Walker.

Pogue Mahone

Swiftie Fan Club President
"like a man in silk pyjamas shooting pigeons
Feels like most people on here are City supporters, to be honest. You seem like you're happy that plastic City's chances of a three-peat have increased (something that only United have done before)...preferring a disgusting club like them to win the title rather than an actual historic club like Arsenal (most of their fanbase is insufferable, that I agree with). :lol:

When one word invalidates an entire post.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Genuine question, as I've not seen very much of him. Is Fabio Silva any good? He looks a very Wenger signing.
Fabio Silva is the guy at Wolves on loan to PSV. Fabio Vieira is a young prospect that is not really ready to play in the PL and has not adapted to the system. But yes he could be a very good player in the future.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
No surprise at the result. Arsenal actually played the slicker football. However, they just could not help having brain farts at bad moments.

Withnail

I think that's the Haaland effect though. They're giving up possession and control for a more direct approach (goals)

It might backfire against teams that park the bus, but might give them more effect in the bigger games?
They really don't play to his strengths so I'm not sure about that.

I've just checked transfermkt they still have the highest possession this season overall at around 65% and yes this was their lowest of the season.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

Or how about not giving a shit who wins it between those two and wanting the result that gives us the best chance of catching both of them?

I'm taking the 1% chance of us winning it over even the slightest hint of a feck over who else could possibly win it. Unless it's the scouse. Feck the scouse.

pratyush_utd

Can't tell DeGea and Onana apart.

Because nobody gives a feck about City. No United fan will prefer Arsenal to win over City. If its Arsenal and Liverpool then Arsenal.

And this result suits us more

Rojofiam

Or how about not giving a shit who wins it between those two and wanting the result that gives us the best chance of catching both of them?

I'm taking the 1% chance of us winning it over even the slightest hint of a feck over who else could possibly win it. Unless it's the scouse. Feck the scouse.
Of course...a draw would've been much better today...but it feels really weird how people are seemingly happy that Arteta and Arsenal have been "exposed" and such... :lol:

padr81

Supports
Man City
Thought when Pep put round pegs in the round holes we were the better team. Akanji for Mahrez sub changed everything.
Arsenal were very good first half but a combination of Pep fixing Pep's crazyness and Arsenal tiredness I think the big factor.