Premier League Gameweek 25

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
That's irrelevant though, you can accidentally foul players.

The fact is TAA has slid in and prevented DLC from scoring an open goal. If TAA stays on his feet then it never happens.

And its nothing to do with bias, tons of people think it's a pen.
You can’t mate, read the rules. You’re allowed to be anywhere you want as long as you don’t step into their path intentionally, TAA is already there! If Lewin runs into him how can that be his fault?

it’s like the striker running into the goalkeeper and falling over then wanting a pen. Check rule 12.

alexthelion

He really doesn’t mate. Watch it again he’s still on his ass. Lewin is already stumbling as he runs into the back of him. I don’t know why people are being so defensive about it like admitting it’s not a good decision will make a difference? It’s bonkers there’s nothing the defender can do
He really does, maybe watch it again ;)

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
It was a pen.

Defo accidental, but there doesn't need to be intent?

A bit unfortunate but it's a goal without his intervention, has to be given

Adam-Utd

It was a pen.

Defo accidental, but there doesn't need to be intent?

A bit unfortunate but it's a goal without his intervention, has to be given
It also needs to be a foul by the defender, the striker runs into the defender not the other way around. There’s nothing in the rules that says you can’t be sitting on the floor no matter where the ball is, he makes no attempt to impede him he’s still bloody sliding :lol:

padr81

Supports
Man City
Was 50/50 on the pen. I'd be mad if given against us and mad if we didn't get it. Just that kinda one. Liverpool looks exhausted and out of ideas. The front 3 are abysmal, Salah hasn't scored an open play goal since last year, Mane and Firminio not scoring enough. Its an amazing decline in finishing and good chance creation.

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Villa, Spurs and Everton all have games in hand that if they win, will take them above Liverpool.

Imagine seeing them tumble down to 9th.

mu4c_20le

It also needs to be a foul by the defender, the striker runs into the defender not the other way around. There’s nothing in the rules that says you can’t be sitting on the floor no matter where the ball is, he makes no attempt to impede him he’s still bloody sliding :lol:
First you act as if he was an obstacle on the road, then at the end you admit he slid there. He wasn't sitting there waiting for DCL.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
You can’t mate, read the rules. You’re allowed to be anywhere you want as long as you don’t step into their path intentionally, TAA is already there! If Lewin runs into him how can that be his fault?

it’s like the striker running into the goalkeeper and falling over then wanting a pen. Check rule 12.
I have :

A direct free kick is awarded if a player commits any of the following
offences:

• impedes an opponent with contact

He's clearly impeded his progress.

NinjaFletch

It also needs to be a foul by the defender, the striker runs into the defender not the other way around.
It was a foul by TAA.

He slides in, gets none of the ball and brings down the player. It desn't matter if he does it with his head or his foot.

It's also a classic example of people watching a slow motion replay and assuming players have that much reaction time. It's such a blatant foul in real time.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
It was a foul by TAA.

He slides in, gets none of the ball and brings down the player. It desn't matter if he does it with his head or his foot.

It's also a classic example of people watching a slow motion replay and assuming players have that much reaction time. It's such a blatant foul in real time.
Agreed, also I agree with not sending him off as there wasn’t real intent.

always_hoping

Those stats speak for themselves

Carlo Ancelotti 8th win in 15 games against Liverpool and he should never have lost his first meeting (2005 CL final)

Fts 74

Everton thoroughly deserved that.

Shame all they'll focus on is the penalty I thought it was harsh but couldn't care less tbh, funny watching their luck run out after 2 years of everything going their way

Adam-Utd

I have :

A direct free kick is awarded if a player commits any of the following
offences:

• impedes an opponent with contact

He's clearly impeded his progress.
It’s only impeding if he moves into his path to block, he doesn’t do that. It’s a tricky one but clearly no intention to foul or block, he’s allowed to try and block the ball himself and defend.

Its 1 of those grey areas but CL is the one that creates the contact, so for me no penalty.

Adam-Utd

It was a foul by TAA.

I don’t agree, but that’s what footballs about I guess.

NinjaFletch

It’s only impeding if he moves into his path to block, he doesn’t do that. It’s a tricky one but clearly no intention to foul or block, he’s allowed to try and block the ball himself and defend.

Its 1 of those grey areas but CL is the one that creates the contact, so for me no penalty.
What? He's still sliding from his attempted block.

RashyForPM

If he runs around him, he loses time and a defender or Alisson cleans up. He has to run straight, and if TAA is blocking his run to an open goal without touching the ball, then it’s a pen.

Adam-Utd

What? He's still sliding from his attempted block.
So how is he intentionally blocking him if he’s just tried to stop a shot? You can’t make a slide tackle then expect somebody to run into you from behind, it makes no sense

Bulldog United

Like the decisions that went against us in the Sheffield United game, I imagine we’ll be hearing whether the ref got that penalty decision right or not In due course.

I’m sticking with it’s a shocker, Liverpool fans should be seething about that decision, because I think it was and it also makes me happy. :D

Adam-Utd

If he runs around him, he loses time and a defender or Alisson cleans up. He has to run straight, and if TAA is blocking his run to an open goal without touching the ball, then it’s a pen.
Ok so answer me this, if TAA is on his feet what’s the difference? He’s allowed to stand or sit wherever he likes, it’s CL who has to run around him to get to the ball. If TAA got up and blocked his path to the ball I’d agree but he clearly doesn’t. Silly decision I’ll never agree with and I doubt any pros will

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Where's the Klopp interview.

Why do we need dull Fulham stuff on main event and another channel!

RashyForPM

Ok so answer me this, if TAA is on his feet what’s the difference? He’s allowed to stand or sit wherever he likes, it’s CL who has to run around him to get to the ball. If TAA got up and blocked his path to the ball I’d agree but he clearly doesn’t. Silly decision I’ll never agree with and I doubt any pros will
You’ve just given me the answer, because if he stands up, then he’s impeding DCL even further. Anyway, the rules say that if you impede someone, it’s a foul. He could be in the dressing room toilet as far as I’m concerned, if he stops DCL from scoring the open goal without a valid tackle, then it’s a pen.

Put it this way, if it was an open play foul, no one would be complaining.

Anyway, time for the Klopp meltdown.