Premier League Gameweek 26+27

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Yeah but Utd were that machine? Liverpool should be compared to Chelsea or somebody. Even then they won more league and CLs.
feck it. Blackburn. They’re Blackburn.
I don’t remember Blackburn winning the CL?

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Lankie Frampard and Slippy G both losing today...great start to the weekend apart from those fecking Gooners!

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Yeah but Utd were that machine? Liverpool should be compared to Chelsea or somebody. Even then they won more league and CLs.
feck it. Blackburn. They’re Blackburn.
There’s nothing we can do about city being able to rack up 95 points every season. We did it twice, it’s hard work. The best SAF team only hit 90 plus once.

Ladron de redcafe

His point was that this Liverpool team should be compared to the next best team in England at that time, not to the 90s United team which steamrolled everyone and dominated the league because the equivalent of that team is the current Manchester City.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
One way to look at it :lol:

Poor Lamps added a few more lines to his forehead
The scenes with him in a relegation scrap! :drool: These so called rookie managers who think they're better than they are and too good to start at the bottom like everyone else. I'd love it if he got the boot before the season even finished.

cyberman

There’s nothing we can do about city being able to rack up 95 points every season. We did it twice, it’s hard work. The best SAF team only hit 90 plus once.
Different era, different squad sizes.
And City aren’t racking up 95 points every season versus this Klopp. They’ve done it once with 86 and 81 being the other 2. Pep has hit 90 plus twice in England.
Let’s not downplay Utd now. A SAF Utd side takes advantage of that 81 and 86 because that’s what he did consistently.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
His point was that this Liverpool team should be compared to the next best team in England at that time, not to the 90s United team which steamrolled everyone and dominated the league because the equivalent of that team is the current Manchester City.
It’d be interesting to see how Fergie would’ve done up against Klopp, Guardiola and this 90+ points to win the league era. City are probably going to win their fourth title in six seasons with an average points tally of 90+ points.

DoubleDinhos

Liverpool Fan
It’d be interesting to see how Fergie would’ve done up against Klopp, Guardiola and this 90+ points to win the league era. City are probably going to win their fourth title in six seasons with an average points tally of 90+ points.
Considering Guardiola schooled Ferguson twice in the Champions League, and is generally more dominant season-by-season than any United team at its height. I seriously doubt Ferguson's United would be racking up the trophies in this era.

TheReligion

Abusive
All that says is how poor everyone else is?

cyberman

Probably because they didn’t?
Liverpool are Monaco then! That’s better.
I can’t believe people are arguing Liverpool deserves to win more then compare them to fecking SAF Utd. It defies logic

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
It's gonna happen, written in the stars, this Chelsea team are much worse than us
:lol: The table does not lie!

We have Burnely, Newcastle, Norwich, Brentford, Southampton, Leeds in our next six league games.

You have Leeds, Watford, Man City, Spurs, Liverpool, and Leicester…. Good luck with your theory.

cyberman

Looks like the rest now want to downplay what Fergie achieved by using points on the board as evidence.

Pretty silly way to measure it.
SAF faced down the might of Chelsea and put City in their place before he retired not 10 years ago while in a budget.
I’m kind of intrigued as to when this supposed new era began when it involves managers that he was actually peers with and not being some retiree from 1978.

marktan

Considering Guardiola schooled Ferguson twice in the Champions League, and is generally more dominant season-by-season than any United team at its height. I seriously doubt Ferguson's United would be racking up the trophies in this era.
With the caveat that we were weaker in both CL finals than our 07-08 team, and considerably so in the 2011 final (we were competitive in 2009). Had we had the 07-08 final team available we could've won. Tevez, Ronaldo, Rooney up front.. Scholes, Carrick, Hargreaves in behind..

He built one of the greatest teams of the modern era, and built many great teams, I'm sure he could've adapted to compete. The Chelsea 07-12 team was no slouch either that we had to compete against to win.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
All that says is how poor everyone else is?
Seems harsh on City and Liverpool, and how good they both were from 2018-2020. I’m not downplaying SAF by the way. The 98/99 and 07/08 seasons are still the best I’ve seen from an English club and surpass anything City/Liverpool have done.

If City win the league and CL this season then I think that should be ranked highly. Especially when you consider that they don’t really have a proper striker.

I do think that we’re unfortunate to be sharing our best era in decades with Guardiola’s City.
Probably because they didn’t?
Liverpool are Monaco then! That’s better.
I can’t believe people are arguing Liverpool deserves to win more then compare them to fecking SAF Utd. It defies logic
When did Monaco win the CL?

TheReligion

Abusive
Seems harsh on City and Liverpool, and how good they both were from 2018-2020. I’m not downplaying SAF by the way. The 98/99 and 07/08 seasons are still the best I’ve seen from an English club and surpass anything City have done.

If City win the league and CL this season then I think that should be ranked highly. Especially when you consider that they don’t really have a proper striker.

I do think that we’re unfortunate to be sharing our best era in decades with Guardiola’s City.

We were unfortunate to come up against the best club side ever with Pep.

Or else we’d have another 2 CL titles.

I think banging on about the points total and trying to compare that to days gone by is disingenuous though. Klopp needs another title or CL to be up there with the very best in my opinion.

cyberman

Seems harsh on City and Liverpool, and how good they both were from 2018-2020. I’m not downplaying SAF by the way. The 98/99 and 07/08 seasons are still the best I’ve seen from an English club and surpass anything City/Liverpool have done.

Feck me I have a memory of them winning a CL. Maybe I should get checked out.
Anyway just looked at SAF finals points total and I can see why the bar is set at 90 points. It’s to downplay this

Sir Alex Ferguson
11/12 Premier League Premier League First Tier 28 5 5 89:33 56 89 2 Sir Alex Ferguson
10/11 Premier League Premier League First Tier 23 11 4 78:37 41 80 1 Sir Alex Ferguson
09/10 Premier League Premier League First Tier 27 4 7 86:28 58 85 2 Sir Alex Ferguson
08/09 Premier League Premier League First Tier 28 6 4 68:24 44 90 1 Sir Alex Ferguson
07/08 Premier League Premier League First Tier 27 6 5 80:22 58 87 1 Sir Alex Ferguson
06/07 Premier League Premier League First Tier 28 5 5 83:27 56 89

Looking at that I struggle to see where SAF would suddenly drop off. If anything it would be Pep and Klopp struggling to overtake that consistency. All on a budget,

Edit final points total at bottom beside his name. Hasn’t come out well here

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
We were unfortunate to come up against the best club side ever with Pep.

Or else we’d have another 2 CL titles.

I think banging on about the points total and trying to compare that to days gone by is disingenuous though. Klopp needs another title or CL to be up there with the very best in my opinion.
Yeah agree about Klopp needing to win more.

DoneDaDa

Supports
Toronto FC
I predict a Spurs win today. They’ve had City number and need to break there 3 game loss.