Premier League Gameweek 26 (3rd - 5th February 2018)

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Klopp messes about with our back line too much.

Milner and Henderson midfield isn't very inspiring. Spurs' record at Anfield under Poch is even worse than Everton's (Spurs has 1 draw, 3 defeats compared to 2 draws, 2 defeats for Everton in that time). Should be a comfortable enough win for you.

Canagel

The Liverpool midfield is shocking. Why isn't the Ox playing for them? He's a much better player than the likes of Henderson and Milner.

Stadjer

Looking at that Liverpool midfield i think Klopp is hoping his creative front 3 can make up for the total lack of creativity on that midfield...

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
Can, Henderson and Milner is a midfield for a mid table club.

paulscholes18

Close to 2-1 palace, if they don’t get a winner they will be very disappointed. Newcastle have been poor since going 1-0 up

DreamIsh

Supports
Liverpool
That midfield. Jesus.
We should never play both Henderson AND Milner. One or the other.

Lots of industry in that midfield, but no creativity whatsoever.

Buchan

has whacked the hammer to Roswell
27 points for Palace right now is a remarkable achievement considering they didn't even score their first Premier League goal until the middle of October.

haram

That midfield. Jesus.

All they have to do is press and pass it to the forward players.

27 points for Palace right now is a remarkable achievement considering they didn't even score their first Premier League goal until the middle of October.
Credit to Hodgson.

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
What a shitty midfield for LFC. Starting Milner in 2018 :houllier: Starting Milner, Henderson and Can :houllier:

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Got to credit Roy. He has turned them around big time.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Draw please for Spurs and Pool

Raw

Big change in their home form too. Only lost once (2-3 to Arsenal) since that run of losses at the start of the season. 4 wins, 4 draws and 1 loss at home since then (including a win against Chelsea and a draw (almost win!) against City). Still got to go to that ground, I can see it being incredibly frustrating.

Stadjer

Is Sørloth on yet for Palace?
Cant believe he plays in the premier league now... he used to play for my local club Groningen and failed. In his defense though.. Groningen has been really really bad the last few years. Terrible new manager also didnt help him.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Cant believe he plays in the premier league now... he used to play for my local club Groningen and failed. In his defense though.. Groningen has been really really bad the last few years. Terrible new manager also didnt help him.
I haven't followed him at all since he's left Norway, but always fun to see how they get along in the biggest leagues. Normally they fail though :)

Rafateria

That midfield. Jesus.

Personally I think the answer to his selection is Robertson at LB. If Robertson is asked to bomb on then Milner is the perfect man to fill in at LB, which Gini isn't.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
We aren't going to win, that midfield is awful. We played it away and it lacked energy and speed in the transition.
The omission of Wijnaldum and Ox is as glaring as it is shocking. They're made for this game, extremely poor selection from Klopp.

hn4manunited

Can’t believe Palace didn’t win that. Just really sums up Zaha, Benteke, and Townsend. Lots of creation but no end product. I’ve gotta say I enjoyed watching them play. The level of energy and desire is great and they’re definitely bringing their supporters along for the ride. TFM did good for them. A quick shout out to Yedlin as well having an absolute tough job against Zaha all night.

NotBrendanRodgers honest

Supports
Liverpool
Yes Liverpools Midfield sucks ass, but so did the midfield vs City and we won that. I don't think our mids are too disadvantaged in open games like this because they all work extremely hard which is vital to win vs the top teams (see Utd v Spurs).... Against the lower teams, now thats a different story

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Geoff Shreeve has to be one of the worst interviewers out there ffs!

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
What is wrong with Liverpool's midfield? It is exactly what you want against Spurs, 3 in there with feck loads of energy.

It's what we should have done instead of playing 4-1-5.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Yes Liverpools Midfield sucks ass, but so did the midfield vs City and we won that. I don't think our mids are too disadvantaged in open games like this because they all work extremely hard which is vital to win vs the top teams (see Utd v Spurs).... Against the lower teams, now thats a different story
Gini and Ox in a big game is a much different proposition to Milner. It's a poor selection and poor tactics no matter which way you dress it up.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Can Wijnaldum Ox midfield > Can Henderson Milner midfield.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
What is wrong with Liverpool's midfield? It is exactly what you want against Spurs, 3 in there with feck loads of energy.

It's what we should have done instead of playing 4-1-5.
We played it away vs them and apart from the Lovren horror show it was the primary reason we lost. In a big game the athleticism energy and speed of Gini/Ox is on a different level. Gini especially thrives and dominates the transitions. Milner is extremely poor these days especially getting back and over committing. It's extremely poor from Klopp and his backroom team not to have the foresight to see it despite the plethora of games they have available to see it from.