Premier League Gameweek 26 (3rd - 5th February 2018)

Wiltord02

Supports
Arsenal
Eh? Forgot how many times he saved them this season? If not for Sterling then maybe the title race would have been actual title race.
Is this the only time you've watched their games this season? 14 goals so far "gash" indeed
Yes, i have watched many of their games this season. He misses a hell of alot of chances. Granted he has scored quite a few but they could definitely find an upgrade for him.

Raw

Good good. Don't want them beating our 95 points record (they probably still will).
Well they'll need 27 points out of 36 in their remaining 12 games. So they can't drop more than 9 points.

Yeah they'll probably break it.

Utdstar01

What was sterling doing at the end of that missed chance? Was that a dive? :lol:

Silas

He’s their second top scorer, almost twice as many goals as the next highest in Jesus. 2nd highest in their squad goals and assists combined, more than Sane, KDB etc.
Most of his goals are tap-ins though. You don't need top-class finishing to score the chances he often gets.

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
My God, is David Moyes is still putting João Mário behind the striker, is he crazy? The guy's a central midfielder!

FCBarca

Mes que un Rag
Supports
Peace
It's the polar opposite of Lukaku, when he plays a pass that's the right weight or it finds a united player, now that's a surprise!
Not sure what the point is of comparing the passing of a striker with that of a midfielder

SqualorVictoria

Supports
City
Most of his goals are tap-ins though. You don't need top-class finishing to score the chances he often gets.
Yeah, that's actually bullshit though. Both Sterling and Martial had their expected goals well above the "expected" mark, so their finishing this season is better than the finishing in general in the top leagues. Of course, after his miss it will be nearer to the average...

Irrational.

Yes, i have watched many of their games this season. He misses a hell of alot of chances. Granted he has scored quite a few but they could definitely find an upgrade for him.
CL (2 points earned):
(2 pts) winning goal v Feyenoord (88')

PL (10 points earned):
(1 pt) equaliser v Everton (82')
(2 pts) winner v Bournemouth (90'+7)
(2 pts) decisive goal v West Brom (64')
(3 pts) assist v Huddersfield to equalise (47') and winner (84')
(2 pts) winning goal v Southampton (90'+6)

As good as De Bruyne has been, he's had a bit of a lull in form of late and in the league his goals and assists were 'only' decisive vs Chelsea and Southampton.

Take Sterling's goals and assists out and we'd be 2 points clear in the league. I shouldn't have said it so definitively but in my opinion this season he's been their most important player.
Yes he missed a chance today but you cannot deny he is a game changer for them. He's amongst the top three wingers in the league (in my opinion).

Android1974

Incredibly anal about player positions in lineups
For someone who follows Portuguese football, it's a mystery how Depoître is working in the Premier League and someone like Slimani isn't.

Wiltord02

Supports
Arsenal
Yes he missed a chance today but you cannot deny he is a game changer for them. He's amongst the top three wingers in the league (in my opinion).
He is a very good player but they could be absolutely lethal with a better winger there. City have the money to get that sort of player.

PL (10 points earned):
(1 pt) equaliser v Everton (82') - Very good finish but he sliced a similar chance 5 minutes earlier in that game. Shows his inconsistency.
(2 pts) winner v Bournemouth (90'+7) - Very jammy deflected goal.
(2 pts) decisive goal v West Brom (64') - Tap in. Expected him to score it. Very similar to the one he missed today.
(3 pts) assist v Huddersfield to equalise (47') and winner (84') - In the right place but again alot of luck with the goal.
(2 pts) winning goal v Southampton (90'+6) - Excellent finish. His best goal of the season.

I would say he is not a consistent typical finisher. Maybe my previous statement was harsh but its the frustration that we seem to see it alot more when he plays for England. If he has time on the ball, you can see him thinking about what to do with it. It doesn't come natural like Aguero/Sane.

Vialli_92

Supports
Juventus
Just seen the Sterling miss, it was harder to miss than to score there

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
Penalty not given, I mean come on, that is ridiculous even by PL ref standards.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
Lots of diving and cheating in the united-Huddersfield match on both sides. Ref not having a good game.

padr81

Supports
Man City
City should have kept Iheanacho and granted Arsenal wish to swap Sterling for Sanchez.
Yeah because Iheanacho is not able to bench Okazaki and Sterling only has played a part in 25 goals this season. Iheanacho would clearly be more useful.

Easily the worst opinion/comment I've read in Caf history unless you're being sarcastic, then its great.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Pardiola :( You can't play Liverpool every weekend