Premier League Gameweek 26 fixtures (9th - 11th Feb 2019)

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Maybe Glaston was a jinx...

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
It’s weird how Sissoko is still playing for...well, anybody half decent

GeorgieBoy

Alan Smith definitely got confused with Sanchez and Sissoko when re-assessing the replay for offside. Spent the next 30 seconds desperately trying to salvage it.

cjj

Supports
Spurs
Not that much tbh

The "dive" could have gone either way, but I think he goes against Son, because he throws himself. Had he not, I'd still say it'd be soft.

There was a situation between Trippier and Chilwell in the corner, that went Spurs' way.

Besides that, the freekicks have all gone Leicester's way, but most have been quite fair I think.
Not so much that, but any foul from Spurs has been a yellow, whilst Leicester have gotten away with shirt pulling and kicking all the way through.

Sometimes it feels like there's an unwritten rule with refs where they leave yellows for deserving tackles, then pull them out for everything in the last 10 mins - Oliver has started that 80 mins early for Spurs fouls.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I really don’t see how we’re playing crap nearly 60% if the ball, it’s hardly crap.
It's just been an even game. Leicester have done well but we've had chances too. I think they've possibly edged it in terms of attacking play but it's far from clear cut.

We were clearly the better side vs Watford and Newcastle too, and far better than Fulham second half .. what was our PL game before that, United? Yeah, we were the better team there and lost!

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Not so much that, but any foul from Spurs has been a yellow, whilst Leicester have gotten away with shirt pulling and kicking all the way through.

Sometimes it feels like there's an unwritten rule with refs where they leave yellows for deserving tackles, then pull them out for everything in the last 10 mins - Oliver has started that 80 mins early for Spurs fouls.
I agree and think he's been very favourable to Leicester so far, but then .. I'm a little biased.

steakpie

Barnes looks like he has the tools to be a good player but his end product is awful

ROFLUTION

Yeah in that regard, you're probably right. Quite one-sided. But maybe because Spurs have made so many and used their quota. Anyways too many yellows

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
It's just been an even game. Leicester have done well but we've had chances too. I think they've possibly edged it in terms of attacking play but it's far from clear cut.

We were clearly the better side vs Watford and Newcastle too, and far better than Fulham second half .. what was our PL game before that, United? Yeah, we were the better team there and lost!
Preaching to the converted im pretty sure most aren’t watching the game on here and are just piggy backing on other people comments.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley

You weren't better than Newcastle. Like Leicester today they had far better chances than Spurs even while playing anti football

Spurs have been riding their luck all season and are found out when they play the better sides (like the game against us when we had the quality to take one of our chances)

charlenefan

Preaching to the converted im pretty sure most aren’t watching the game on here and are just piggy backing on other people comments.
Shock horror the two Spurs fans think Spurs are playing well and it's the rest who are wrong :lol:

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
You weren't better than Newcastle. Like Leicester today they had far better chances than Spurs even while playing anti football

Spurs have been riding their luck all season and are found out when they play the better sides (like the game against us when we had the quality to take one of our chances)
Wtf? :lol:

Lucas missed an unmarked header from a few feet away, Lamela hit the post, we had it cleared off the line, Llorente missed an easy header. We had 21 shots and 71% of the ball and I remember Newcastle getting forward about twice in the entire game! They hit the post from Rondon and forced a decent save from Lloris but other than that did feck all.

In the game against you we created chances at will in the second half but just suffered from poor finishing.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Shock horror the two Spurs fans think Spurs are playing well and it's the rest who are wrong :lol:
I don't think we're playing particularly well, I said it's been an even game .. which it has? You're acting like Leicester have dicked all over us and we've scored from our first foray forward.

We've been pretty average, Leicester have been bright, but we took our chance. I also think we should have had a penalty, so I don't think we've been all that jammy.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Spurs have to be one of the most annoying/ jammy teams in the league after Liverpool.
Yeah we have just been incredibly lucky this season - not a single injury or poor ref decision has gone against us this year - probably the luckiest team in all of England.

Wiltord02

Supports
Arsenal
Barnes has been utter trash. Would have been interesting if Vardy had played that first half.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Yeah we have just been incredibly lucky this season - not a single injury or poor ref decision has gone against us this year - probably the luckiest team in all of England.
Yeah, nice try. :)

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Scoring late goals = lucky, no matter whether or not you clearly deserved to score them.

charlenefan

Wtf? :lol:

Lucas missed an unmarked header from a few feet away, Lamela hit the post, we had it cleared off the line, Llorente missed an easy header. We had 21 shots and 71% of the ball and I remember Newcastle getting forward about twice in the entire game! They hit the post from Rondon and forced a decent save from Lloris but other than that did feck all.

In the game against you we created chances at will in the second half but just suffered from poor finishing.
And we created countless chances against your lot as well, Martial in the first half, a couple through Pogba in the second half. The problem with you Spurs fans is you think good second halves mean you've been the better side, completely ignoring the first half of games. I remember one of you lot claiming you were the better side at OT completely ignoring the battering you took in the first half

charlenefan

I don't think we're playing particularly well, I said it's been an even game .. which it has? You're acting like Leicester have dicked all over us and we've scored from our first foray forward.

We've been pretty average, Leicester have been bright, but we took our chance. I also think we should have had a penalty, so I don't think we've been all that jammy.
Spurs have had two chances, as I've already pointed out Leicester have had at least double that and had the outstanding player on the pitch. I'm not saying you've been 'dicked' just clearly second best

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Whats the go with Sissoko? Looks like hes a different player, still cant shoot to save his life, but a few times gliding past players. Last season couldnt even trap a ball.

Kostov

Chilwell has been pretty underwhelming whenever I’ve seen him. I’ve seen posters mentioning him as a potential upgrade on Shaw, he’s not a patch on him.