g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Premier League Gameweek 26 fixtures (9th - 11th Feb 2019)

cyberman

It a close game, I don’t see is playing *crap* or *shit*. We have had one real save to make, shock horror a United forum wanting to say we’re shit.... again.
You have been though?
For a large period before Christmas we were told your under par performances were down to WC fatigue, then you did pick up for a bit then injuries hit and you're letting lesser sides get footholds into games.
It's been a long time since Spurs style of play has been pushed forward as something we should emulate. No more crying about how we don't play like you do anymore.

Chilwell has been pretty underwhelming whenever I’ve seen him. I’ve seen posters mentioning him as a potential upgrade on Shaw, he’s not a patch on him.
I agree - from what I've seen he's not better than Shaw

Needham

Whats the go with Sissoko? Looks like hes a different player, still cant shoot to save his life, but a few times gliding past players. Last season couldnt even trap a ball.
Poch has obviously told him his physicality is an asset only when its in locomotion. He's horrible when static.

dove

Chilwell has been pretty underwhelming whenever I’ve seen him. I’ve seen posters mentioning him as a potential upgrade on Shaw, he’s not a patch on him.
There were people (and still are) who wanted us to splash £75m on Maguire although he is hardly an upgrade on Jones.

BarcaSpurs

Has every decision gone against us so far? Definite penalty on Son for me and a fair few fouls given the wrong way.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
You have been though?
For a large period before Christmas we were told your under par performances were down to WC fatigue, then you did pick up for a bit then injuries hit and you're letting lesser sides get footholds into games.
It's been a long time since Spurs style of play has been pushed forward as something we should emulate. No more crying about how we don't play like you do anymore.
So we are shit but 3rd? We have been stuttering yes but playing shit doesn’t give you third position at this stage of the season.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
And we created countless chances against your lot as well, Martial in the first half, a couple through Pogba in the second half. The problem with you Spurs fans is you think good second halves mean you've been the better side, completely ignoring the first half of games. I remember one of you lot claiming you were the better side at OT completely ignoring the battering you took in the first half
You were better first half at OT and we didn't deserve to win 3-0.

You didn't create as many chances as we did against you at Wembley. We deserved a point minimum but didn't get it because we finished very poorly, that's football and it was on us. You deserved the win in the end because you showed the composure that we couldn't muster.

Situation is the same with Leicester here. Yeah they've had a couple of nice situations but the end product is totally lacking. They probably don't deserve to be losing but we've been on the reverse end of games like this plenty of times, if you can't finish your chances you will get punished. Right now we're just grinding our way through games without our best player and Alli and that's to be expected, I don't think anybody expected free flowing performances.

Anyhow, it's only 1-0 and HT so perfectly possible Leicester will get what they 'deserve' in the end. Would like to see Lucas come in again.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Leicester created more chances than any other visiting team to Wembley this season that first half so says Sky (8) but yeah even game :lol:

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Spurs have had two chances, as I've already pointed out Leicester have had at least double that and had the outstanding player on the pitch. I'm not saying you've been 'dicked' just clearly second best
Both teams have had 8 shots, two of Spurs have been on target, one of Leicesters. One of Spurs went in from close range, Spurs have had 59% possession on top of this. Seems the game on the balance of things is in Spurs favour.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
So we are shit but 3rd? We have been stuttering yes but playing shit doesn’t give you third position at this stage of the season.
Almost like missing key players has an impact on a team :eek:.

Seriously, so many people on here were expecting us to sink when we lost Kane, Alli etc, but seem surprised that our performances have suffered since? No shit, we're missing our best player who is arguably the best striker in the world and we're using Llorente instead, of course we're struggling a bit, we're having to make do.

Can23

Supports
Liverpool
Has every decision gone against us so far? Definite penalty on Son for me and a fair few fouls given the wrong way.
Don't think that's a definite penalty, Sanchez grabbing Evans during that Leic corner was more a pen than that.

charlenefan

Both teams have had 8 shots, two of Spurs have been on target, one of Leicesters. One of Spurs went in from close range, Spurs have had 59% possession on top of this. Seems the game on the balance of things is in Spurs favour.
As if Spurs have had 8 chances that half. Stop reading stats and try watching the game.

dove

I don't agree that Spurs are lucky or shit like some of you say. They are not exceptional of course but they became extremely good at grinding out the results and they have been good at it for years now. If you look at today's team, to me it looks really underwhelming, I don't think you can expect much better when they are missing some key players.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
Dont know about 'definite' penalty, certainly arguable who made contact with who, but Maguire was clumsy and got none of the ball, but a yellow for diving, not in a million years for me.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham

Seriously, so many people on here were expecting us to sink when we lost Kane, Alli etc, but seem surprised that our performances have suffered since? No shit, we're missing our best player who is arguably the best striker in the world and we're using Llorente instead, of course we're struggling a bit, we're having to make do.
I know it’s seriously laughable some of the comments, I know it’s an opposition forum but seriously, some posters have very little perspective.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea

Not for me. Not better than Aguero IMO.

Scroto Baggins

Supports
Newcastle Jets
As if Spurs have had 8 chances that half. Stop reading stats and try watching the game.
Quotes sky sports stats in an earlier post about most chances in a half, tells me to stop reading stats. Ahh yes the caf, never gets old.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Not for me. Not better than Aguero IMO.
Hence why I said arguable, buddy.

You can make the argument for Kane and you can make the argument for Aguero, it's all down to personal preference. But the fact Kane is in that debate at all shows you how good he is and how important he would be for a team like us.

AJ10

I know spurs are missing some attacking players but why are spurs' defence conceding so many chances, even in previous games it was the same. Surely alli and kane don't contribute that much in defence or is this normal.

Leicester should have been ahead if they had taken their chances but you get punished if you can't even take your chances. Leicester's RW is mahrez wannabe but is completely pointless.

On a side note. Do spurs fans here not find their team appealing? I'd understand abit if it was a spurs forum and you're having a discussion with your fellow fans but it seems you lot are more interested in posting here while your team is playing than actually watching the game. I don't find poch's football to be great but its still good enough to watch without having a discussion with united fans. Find it very strange.

cyberman

You didn’t play like shit all season that season I recall you blowing teams away especially at the start of the season. I think our definitions of playing like shit are vastly different.
For like the first 5 weeks then came the back 5 with Pogba as a semi functioning DM coupled with long balls to Lukaku. Never mind how we played after going a goal up.
There were better sides [performance wise] below us but we found ways to win.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
I know spurs are missing some attacking players but why are spurs' defence conceding so many chances, even in previous games it was the same. Surely alli and kane don't contribute that much in defence or is this normal.

Leicester should have been ahead if they had taken their chances but you get punished if you can't even take your chances. Leicester's RW is mahrez wannabe but is completely pointless.

On a side note. Do spurs fans here not find their team appealing? I'd understand abit if it was a spurs forum and you're having a discussion with your fellow fans but it seems you lot are more interested in posting here while your team is playing than actually watching the game. I don't find poch's football to be great but its still good enough to watch without having a discussion with united fans. Find it very strange.
We are conceding more chances because we are pretty weak in midfield.

As for your bold comment - have you heard of multi-tasking? Do you make the same comments in the Utd match-day threads? I bet you don't.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
I've been tryna memorize the Chelsea chants for this afternoons game, but I get stuck on a certain part of one... I know it goes "CHELSEA CHELSEA CHELSEAAAA. CHELSEA CHELSEA CHELSEA!" - but after that, I get confused. It's just such a well-written & impactful chant that my mind simply cannot comprehend it.

charlenefan

Another glorious chance

Tbh Leicester now deserve to be loosing all these chances they're fluffing

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
I've been tryna memorize the Chelsea chants for this afternoons game, but I get stuck on a certain part of one... I know it goes "CHELSEA CHELSEA CHELSEAAAA. CHELSEA CHELSEA CHELSEA!" - but after that, I get confused. It's just such a well-written & impactful chant that my mind simply cannot comprehend it.
:lol:

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Gone on long enough. /time for Vardy

No Idea For Nickname

Patroness Saint of the anti-RAWKites
It is simple: COME ON CITYY, COME ON CITYYY...
Try to remember it, plenty of time..