Premier League Gameweek 27

cjj

Supports
Spurs
Lucas Moura is a seriously underrated player when he's in form.
Mostly because his form across a season is proportional as Sunday is in a week. You can see why he is another Pato-esq 'wonderkid' who never really got going.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Come on, its refreshing.
Yes and no. Kane could have gone down as one of the best strikers of all time. He will be remembered as a great striker but no major trophies (still has time on this one) will go down as a stain in his career unfortunately. That's just the way it is.

That's an interesting take on it! I suppose they should all flock to Utd instead?
I admire it a little, and obviously as an Everton fan I've wanted players like Barkley/Rooney etc to stay and forge a pathway with us but there are plenty of teams that these players can and did join. I think there is an extra gear to Kane (despite how incredibly good he is) that will never be seen due to the quality of his side. I think he's one of the only players in the world who would be capable of a freak season ala Ronaldo/Messi but at Spurs that will likely never be possible.

If you're talking about shearer as the other, technically he didn't show loyalty with the club he won the league with, but instead went chasing glory with his home town club. Just ironic that they went down the toilet a season or two after he joined them.
Indeed, but I think as he was at Newcastle for 10 years, he could have easily left within those to a major side to win a trophy.

Wilt

Wanted 1 more goal for £200, so Jose subs Bale & Kane ....GIT!!!

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Yes and no. Kane could have gone down as one of the best strikers of all time. He will be remembered as a great striker but no major trophies (still has time on this one) will go down as a stain in his career unfortunately. That's just the way it is.

I admire it a little, and obviously as an Everton fan I've wanted players like Barkley/Rooney etc to stay and forge a pathway with us but there are plenty of teams that these players can and did join. I think there is an extra gear to Kane (despite how incredibly good he is) that will never be seen due to the quality of his side. I think he's one of the only players in the world who would be capable of a freak season ala Ronaldo/Messi but at Spurs that will likely never be possible.

Indeed, but I think as he was at Newcastle for 10 years, he could have easily left within those to a major side to win a trophy.
Stain on his career? Utter nonsense

cjj

Supports
Spurs
Pathetic from the club really.
There's never really been any room for them with the way WHL was packed into the streets.

Have to also remember the average mental age of the rival fans in the area - it'd probably spent every other day being restored.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
That's an interesting take on it! I suppose they should all flock to Utd instead?
SW is Everton fan.

I think for neutral like me Kane is in bracket of Mbappe, Haaland, Lewa, Ronaldo, Benzema and all the other best forwards in the world.

If any of those players missed out on CL football for even one season they'd all be on their agent to immediately move them to another elite euro club, can you imagine Ronaldo's ego if Juve actually finished 5th and he had potential year of Thursday nights in Bulgaria.:lol: He'd be off like a shot to PSG. Haaland will probably leave Dortmund if they don't make CL which is big chance currently.

Kane already had a year of europa and currently it stands it will be same next season. This after playing in CL for 3-4 years running in the Poch era.

Just a simple case of best forwards in world football should be playing in the best competition and it's drifting away although of course it actually wouldn't shock me if it all peaks now and you win the europa league and that gets you back into it and keeps Kane sweet for another 12 months. Your finances also need CL qualification aswell.

Inigo Montoya

There's never really been any room for them with the way WHL was packed into the streets.

Have to also remember the average mental age of the rival fans in the area - it'd probably spent every other day being restored.
You do have a nice exec entrance and the trophy room?

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
In your opinion of course, stinks of elitism to me but everyone is entitled to their opinion.

cjj

Supports
Spurs
Did he ever get the chance, though? It's a bit like when I've heard people say Lloris to spurs has been loyal, but I've never heard any suggestion of a chance of leaving.

All things considered, his personality has been somewhat repellent, so you look at who he could have left to - not sure who would have been options. Peak Wenger/Fergie don't strike me as the types who would want the type of character he was rumoured to be.

balaks

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Stain probably isn't the right word but of course it is a 'mark' or whatever you want to call it when looking at a player in the past. It always happens.
That's pure bollocks mate. Look at the likes of Totti, Batistuta & Shearer. All rightly seen as some of the best players of their era and no 'stain' against them for staying at one team for most of their careers.

cjj

Supports
Spurs
You do have a nice exec entrance and the trophy room?
What I mean is that WHL had no room - there was only a car park at the front. The new stadium maybe, but there's still the rest of the Northumberland Development to finish around it.

Inigo Montoya

Kane must be POTY favourite, though I suppose it’ll be a City player
Bruno is a strong contender I’d say especially if Utd pick up a trophy.
They funny thing is that City have contributed all over the pitch. I can’t think of one single player that’s dominated in their side. Sign of a good side

AshRK

North london derby next week would be tasty. If kane bale son turn up they could do arsenal dirty.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Bruno is a strong contender I’d say especially if Utd pick up a trophy.
They funny thing is that City have contributed all over the pitch. I can’t think of one single player that’s dominated in their side. Sign of a good side
I think Dias will be in with a shout.

Inigo Montoya

I think Dias will be in with a shout.
Doubt it. Look at the stats and Bruno is up in most of them. If Grealish was fit and contributing right now especially with the odd goal here and there, I’d say he’d be in the mix

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Doubt it. Look at the stats and Bruno is up in most of them. If Grealish was fit and contributing right now especially with the odd goal here and there, I’d say he’d be in the mix
No he's not, assists and goals Kane is ahead in both? I rate Bruno highly buts he's isn't at the top of either main stats this season.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
That's pure bollocks mate. Look at the likes of Totti, Batistuta & Shearer. All rightly seen as some of the best players of their era and no 'stain' against them for staying at one team for most of their careers.
I said no major trophies. All of those players have won trophies - Totti (World Cup, Serie A, Coppa Italia), Batistuta (Serie A, Coppa Italia), Shearer (PL). Even then, you always hear other ex-pros and pundits exclaiming that these players should have left and won more trophies. As I said to Inigo, stain probably isn't the right word but it's that little niggling thing that will follow them despite their greatness.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
I said no major trophies. All of those players have won trophies - Totti (World Cup, Serie A, Coppa Italia), Batistuta (Serie A, Coppa Italia), Shearer (PL). Even then, you always hear other ex-pros and pundits exclaiming that these players should have left and won more trophies. As I said to Inigo, stain probably isn't the right word but it's that little niggling thing that will follow them despite their greatness.
Kane will do what he wants to do, I doubt he will care much about what pundits and pros think or what fans or a forum think, not many people really do. He will most likely go down as one of the best Spurs players ever, probably not interesting to you but, again I doubt he gives a feck. If he did, he would have or will leave. You said stain for a reason, to be derogatory, at least stand by it. The way his loyalty is made fun of is exactly what is wrong with modern day football, IMO of course.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Kane will do what he wants to do, I doubt he will care much about what pundits and pros think or what fans or a forum think, not many people really do. He will most likely go down as one of the best Spurs players ever, probably not interesting to you but, again I doubt he gives a feck. If he did, he would have or will leave. You said stain for a reason, to be derogatory, at least stand by it. The way his loyalty is made fun of is exactly what is wrong with modern day football, IMO of course.
No, it wasn't meant to be derogatory. It was meant to be a he could have achieved more but didn't, which would be true. You're being a bit too precious.

el3mel

Not every player really care about trophies this much.

He'll be 28 this year. He'll probably fancy staying at a club he's comfortable with and break some historical records instead of making a move to another club in such age that he might not find the best atmosphere to succeed.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
No, it wasn't meant to be derogatory. It was meant to be a he could have achieved more but didn't, which would be true. You're being a bit too precious.
Precious? Why because I think a grown man can make his own choices? Hardly, you comment was derogatory and you know it, I can say that without crying into my cornflakes.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Not every player really care about trophies this much.

He'll be 28 this year. He'll probably fancy staying at a club he's comfortable with and break some historical records instead of making a move to another club in such age that he might not find the best atmosphere to succeed.
Despite all those records it would be daft to think that he wouldn't be disappointed or upset that he has no trophy to his name (Assuming he does not win one).

Also:

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Despite all those records it would be daft to think that he wouldn't be disappointed or upset that he has no trophy to his name (Assuming he does not win one).

Also:

Then he can leave? He wouldn't have a lack of suitors I'm pretty sure, you really think with his goals at the level Spurs are at big clubs haven't enquired after him? Why do you think you know more about how Harry feels than himself? Oh and he wants to win trophies for the club he loves. Madness, and I say that knowing if he wanted to leave I would thank him and wish him well.

el3mel

Also:

Disappointed he didn't win yes, leaving his club just for the trophies I highly doubt it. Doesn't strike me as this kind of guy to be honest.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Then he can leave? He wouldn't have a lack of suitors I'm pretty sure, you really think with his goals at the level Spurs are at big clubs haven't enquired after him? Why do you think you know more about how Harry feels than himself? Oh and he wants to win trophies for the club he loves. Madness, and I say that knowing if he wanted to leave I would thank him and wish him well.
He literally says in the video he would be disappointed if he didn't win a trophy. Sure, he wants to do it with Spurs and that's why he is still with you. I personally believe he could achieve more on a personal record level and trophy level if he leaves Spurs. If he doesn't and stays at Spurs, he'll still be seen as a great player and one of the best in the PL era, but not one of the all time greats. That's my opinion. Now go cry into your cornflakes but make sure not to stain your Harry Kane branded dressing gown.

cyberman

Then he can leave? He wouldn't have a lack of suitors I'm pretty sure, you really think with his goals at the level Spurs are at big clubs haven't enquired after him? Why do you think you know more about how Harry feels than himself?
I think hes a bluffer. All talk about being a winner but hes comfortable being Captain Harry of Spurs. If he were serious he wouldnt spend 2 years at this Spurs.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
He literally says in the video he would be disappointed if he didn't win a trophy. Sure, he wants to do it with Spurs and that's why he is still with you. I personally believe he could achieve more on a personal record level and trophy level if he leaves Spurs. If he doesn't and stays at Spurs, he'll still be seen as a great player and one of the best in the PL era, but not one of the all time greats. That's my opinion. Now go cry into your cornflakes.
I just finished them :D.

I think hes a bluffer. All talk about being a winner but hes comfortable being Captain Harry of Spurs. If he were serious he wouldnt spend 2 years at this Spurs.
He isn't even our captain :lol:, take a bow.