g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Premier League Gameweek 28 + League Cup final

croadyman

I still expect Liverpool to break City's record of 100 points but at least makes the job a little trickier than it looked before they kicked off tonight

ManUArfa

The 18mph prevailing southwesterly and atmospheric pressure of 996mb has made the match ball resistant to the colour red. Liverpool would have won this game otherwise.
Damn. Wish it would have been possible to have a flutter on Klopp's comments in the post match presser...

Last edited:

tentan

Poor man's poster.
Well done Watford. Didn't expect them to be the team to end Liverpools unbeaten run. They deserve to stay up after that.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Some odd team news for Spurs today. One of Tanganga/Davies playing CB by looks of it. Belgian duo on the bench.

Can see Wolves winning given they rested most of their regular team on Thursday.

Everton-Man. United 2-2.

Paul_Scholes18

I have a bad feeling about today, but hope I am wrong.
Draw is not too bad, but we really need a win.

kyofusho

Not an ideal start for Man Utd. What was De Gea thinking? Far too relaxed!

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
I have a bad feeling about today, but hope I am wrong.
Draw is not too bad, but we really need a win.
Genuine question and I really don't watch enough of your games to know but what has happened to De Gea lately? He just isn't the same keeper that you had even 2 seasons ago. Is it the way you set up or is he simply just not as good as he used to be?

manc4red

Genuine question and I really don't watch enough of your games to know but what has happened to De Gea lately? He just isn't the same keeper that you had even 2 seasons ago. Is it the way you set up or is he simply just not as good as he used to be?
too many years of complacency. A WC player needs WC players around him pushing each other forward and backed by a manager / club with a single mentality to win trophies.

we have not been that way for years and it shows

today’s shocker shows how easy he has it at utd.

kyofusho

De Gea makes mistake.

Pickford: hold my beer.

How is he still England's #1?

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Nice shot but that’s another howler from Pickford.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Pickford is so annoying as he's either 10/10 or a 2/10 ffs. He also isn't improving anymore. After every mistake I think he will learn and get better but he just doesn't.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Pickford is so annoying as he's either 10/10 or a 2/10 ffs. He also isn't improving anymore. After every mistake I think he will learn and get better but he just doesn't.
It wouldn’t surprise me if Southgate picked Henderson ahead of him at the Euros.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
It wouldn’t surprise me if Southgate picked Henderson ahead of him at the Euros.
It would be good for him. If i recall, Silva disciplined him a bit last season and after he did Pickford played well for the rest of the season.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Good thing that Bruno only scores from long range because the keepers in Portugal are awful

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
I just saw a shot of Tottenham’s stadium from behind the goal and it looks amazing.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Pep knows this will be a walk in the park. Not surprised to see Reina dropped after the Southampton game.

kyofusho

Sigurdsson the enemy! Shouldn't have given De Gea such an easy save then parks it in an offside position to deny Everton a deserved winner.

VAR correct you'd have to say, though I don't think it has anything to do with blocking De Gea's view.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Is that really counting as interfering with play?

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
That's a goal

Not a bad weekend, Utd draw and Spurs lose.

Last edited:

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Very smart by Maguire and De Gea to argue the way they did. If they hadn't that would have stood.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Is that really counting as interfering with play?
I was initially confused because it was a deflection. Didn’t think you could be offside from a deflection, if true it means if sigurdsson would have touched it in the goal counts? DDG wasn’t saving it regardless.

Paul_Scholes18

His confidence seems gone since last world cup with Spain. I think age and natural decline of his reflexes is a factor too. When the pressure is on he keeps making errors though and he can still make the odd great saves.

Paul_Scholes18

No De Bruyne for City gives a small hope for an upset.
I am shocked that they bench him in a final and not against Sheffield in midweek.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Come on Villa. Imagine if they got a flukey win?

sebsheep

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
I was initially confused because it was a deflection. Didn’t think you could be offside from a deflection, if true it means if sigurdsson would have touched it in the goal counts? DDG wasn’t saving it regardless.
Doesn't the defender have to intentionally touch the ball?
It's a bit of an odd one was De Gea is moving from the intial shot, not where the ball is actually going. Then the Everton player is right in the path of the ball so he'll end up interfering with play if he stays still or moves out of the way, I guess that's what makes him offside there?