g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Premier League Gameweek 29

SirAnderson

Thank you for this, was just about to post that if you freeze the frame on exactly when the ball touches him, his arm isn't even extended out yet, and clearly hits his shoulder, only once the ball has already past him does his arm come out instinctively. Now why VAR misses that is obvious, they don't want to overrule the fecking ref. Useless cowards the lot.

SirAnderson

Yep, and the solution to that is to have the ref use the fecking monitor and make his own decision like they do in every other league that has VAR. Didn't they even put out that they were actually going to do that not so long ago?
Idiots say that only if VAR says he should take a look, should he take a look. A fecking joke. Remember Dermot saying if VAR says it, the ref follows it, no need to "challenge" what their verdict is. What utter crap.

Deery

Dreary
Shoulder/arm? You know it's not the same. It's like you went on a date last night and you fecked/got stood up.
It’s a hard one to call but I think when he opens up his arm it can be seen as handball.
It’s that funny area where the shoulder ends and arm begins

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Ming's uses shoulder to defend but concedes a pen.. Balotelli scores against Norwich years back with his shoulder after waiting for the ball to fall down but it's a goal.

Anustart89

It’s a hard one to call but I think when he opens up his arm it can be seen as handball.
Look at my still image of the point of contact. When the ball hits him he hasn't extended his arm. The arm movement comes after the contact. If I can freeze a video to see that then VAR should as well, since it makes it obvious that it comes off his shoulder and his arm isn't extended at that point.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
I suspect you rarely change your mind.

Deery

Dreary
Look at my still image of the point of contact. When the ball hits him he hasn't extended his arm. The arm movement comes after the contact. If I can freeze a video to see that then VAR should as well, since it makes it obvious that it comes off his shoulder and his arm isn't extended at that point.
That freeze frame doesn’t tell the full story Mings pushes his arm out as it hits..

Not that it matters now anyway 4-0

dbs235

I really like Barnes. To me he's like James but with more end product. Very direct player.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
For what it's worth, pretty sure that is a handball in line with how they were told to interpret it. Which is exactly why they're changing that interpretation for next season, where that will no longer be a handball.

macheda14

For what it's worth, pretty sure that is a handball in line with how they were told to interpret it. Which is exactly why they're changing that interpretation for next season, where that will no longer be a handball.
No it isn’t, if it hit the top of his arm then maybe, but it hit his shoulder which is not and never has been a handball.

DavidDeSchmikes

Villa's next fixtures: Chelsea (a), Wolves (h), Liverpool (a), Manchester United (h), Crystal Palace (h)

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Worse than f***ing useless.

That 94th minute Son goal a few weeks back effectively relegated us. Thought that at the time.

RooneyLegend

I think they will eventually after this, bought himself some time with the league cup heroics, now that's forgotten about Allardyce, Pulis, Pards will be circling.
Pretty sure Big Sam would keep this lot up. There's enough there for them to survive but as for now they are outrageously disorganized.

Gasolin

Bad week for us, need to hope for Chelsea to slip up again now, while we need to beat Spurs again. Easier said than done I think.

Anustart89

That freeze frame doesn’t tell the full story Mings pushes his arm out as it hits..

Not that it matters now anyway 4-0
How long do you think the contact is between the ball and the arm? How long does it take to extend an arm? The fact that he moved his arm after contact is why I don't blame Oliver for giving it (at least I don't consider it a shocking error, but he's obviously guessed that it hit the arm since it came off the shoulder), but VAR looking at fifteen replays and not seeing that is inexplicable.

Chicharito_

Watching that was like being a 1 star team on Fifa vs a 5 start team. Leicester were quicker, stronger, better on the ball that was one of the worst performances I've seen from a PL team this season. Useless.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
No it isn’t, if it hit the top of his arm then maybe, but it hit his shoulder which is not and never has been a handball.
Nope. They've been penalizing handballs for that this season at the very least and subsequently confirming that those calls were correct. For example, see the Adam Smith handball back in February. Essentially contact with the top of the sleeve (which many would call the shoulder) is currently penalized, which is changing from next season to become the T-shirt line.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
This is nothing Big Sam can't fix.
Yeah it's not too late. Remember Sunderland losing 4-0 at home to us in Mid March one season. They sacked Poyet straight after and still stayed up.

Get the feeling these owners are just greateful to Dean Smith to getting us promoted last season. All that good work goes to waste if we go straight back down which looks probable now.

Anustart89

Nope. They've been penalizing handballs for that this season at the very least and subsequently confirming that those calls were correct. For example, see the Adam Smith handball back in February. Essentially contact with the top of the sleeve is currently penalized, which is changing from next season to become the T-shirt line.
Yet McBurnie's goal against us stood despite hitting the outside of the arm. They're definitely not being consistent with it across the board.