Premier League Gameweek 29

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
If they give this as a pen then we need to all go into self-isolation to rethink the game.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
That was 100% shoulder, 0% hand.

At this rate I'm thinking VAR won't feature next season.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
The shoulder rule seems to change from match to match this season
I don't think it was anything other than VAR not wanting to overrule the ref, despite him making the obvious bad call. It happens far too much.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
I don't think it was anything other than VAR not wanting to overrule the ref, despite him making the obvious bad call. It happens far too much.
Yep, and the solution to that is to have the ref use the fecking monitor and make his own decision like they do in every other league that has VAR. Didn't they even put out that they were actually going to do that not so long ago?

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
He puts his arm out to intentionally make himself bigger I think if he didn’t they wouldn’t of give it.
And he blocks the pass to Vardy with his shoulder. Great defending. So what that he extended his arm, it didn't hit his arm. Not a pen.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Yep, and the solution to that is to have the ref use the fecking monitor and make his own decision like they do in every other league that has VAR. Didn't they even put out that they were actually going to do that not so long ago?
I think it's a fear of accountability when there are no excuses to hide behind.

SirAnderson

He puts his arm out to intentionally make himself bigger I think if he didn’t they wouldn’t of give it.
I can see why the ref thought it was a pen because of that action yes, BUT,, what he intented to do, and what actually happens are very different. That is why VAR is there, to ensure its on what actually happened, not what it appears to look like. Ball was long past him by the time his shoulder opened up enough to get his arm on it.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
Anyone else trying to milk whatever is left of football this season with a "crowd ambiance"? I'm already feeling nostalgic.

Bastian

Supports
Mejbri
It does surely it hits him on shoulder/arm I can see why it was given
Shoulder/arm? You know it's not the same. It's like you went on a date last night and you fecked/got stood up.