Premier League Gameweek 29

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Kepa's been having a shocker of a season. It got to the point that he had to make way for the 38-year old Caballero. We don't have a single world class centreback, they're either too soft (Christensen), too poor on the ball (Zouma, Rudiger) or too young and prone to mistakes (Tomori), and they're all inconsistent. Our fullbacks are either too young and raw (James), ineffective going forward (Azpilicueta), poor defensively(Alonso) or generally crap (Emerson).
Central midfield looks good on paper, but he best ball winning midfielder you;'ve mentioned has missed a large chunk of the season through injuries and is currently out. Kovacic is out injured too, Jorginho's suspended and Loftus-Cheek has been out since last spring and is yet to kick a ball this season. Barkley was a laughinstock here on the Caf when he was signed and to date has been for the most part disappointing for Chelsea.

3 good striking options? Abraham played in the Championship last season and is currently out injured. Giroud was fourth choice at Arsenal when he was sold and that was two years ago, he's on his last legs. Batshuayi is rubbish.
Pulisic and Hudson Odoi have great potential but they have been out injured for quite some time now. Pedro and Willian even in ther prime were never top class, they were role players at top clubs and now they're in their 30s and are long past it. I'm fairly confident Pedro wouldn't be around if it wasn't for the transfer embargo.

Really? Let's imagine United haven't signed anyone between the end of last season and now and see how much of a disanvatage that is. Before the start of the season most here expected Chelsea to finish closer to midtable. Now when they're overachieving, suddenly it's a failure if they miss out on a top four.
Nobody thought Chelsea would finish closer to mid table. In my opinion, this is some serious lowering of expectations. Lampard starting squad was miles better than Ole’s. Of course no window was an inconvenience, but he was still well stocked in every position.

If they were at the club, would Lingard and Pereira have played for Chelsea at all this season?

Would you ever have been in a position to play Jones in midfield? I don’t even think Daniel James would have started a game for Chelsea and he has been a fixture all season for United.

We have been without Pogba all season and Rashford will miss the second half of it. Up until January we had only Martial available as a striker.

Players like Ighalo and Mata would also not be making appearances for Chelsea this season, in any competitions.

Transfer window or no transfer window, Chelsea have a far more complete and balanced squad than United. It’s disingenuous to say otherwise.

Im not saying Lampard won’t get it right, but missing out on top 4 would be disappointing when your squad is clearly top 4 quality. The likes of Spurs don’t even compare.

If Chelsea signed a top class CB, LW and CF, I would have expect a title challenge, nevermind top 4!

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
Nobody thought Chelsea would finish closer to mid table. In my opinion, this is some serious lowering of expectations.
We all know that isn't true, as the thread Duffer has just posted clearly demonstrates.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
My apologies then for that part (although I don’t see too many to have them in 8th- 12th), I hadn’t realized that people thought that. I still think they were wrong to think that way when you look at the makeup of the squad compared to all their rivals.

There is serious quality in the squad and there are numbers in every position, something only a proper top 4 team could have. Experienced league winners, World Cup winners, some of the best young players in the country too.

Some of the players being written off as not good enough are wanted by big teams. Barca wanted Willian, Juventus want Emerson and Inter want Alonso to name a few. These are good players, Willian is excellent at what he does.

Ok, ideally, you wouldn’t want any injuries, but every team gets injuries and Chelsea are more prepared for them than any other team in the league except City.

Maybe in the summer he can add a striker and a CB and things will click into place, but he has a really good squad of players. I don’t know why that is being understated.

Gringo

Supports
Portugal
Inter also wanted Ashley Young, Sanchez and Victor Moses, that's no barometer. Look at how Jose is coping at Spurs, he's struggling to get a tune out of them, many of those players are labelled as over the hill and/or need replacing. That is not too dissimilar to how Chelsea were perceived with Azpilicueta, Pedro, Willian, Alonso, Emerson, Giroud, Batshuayi, Kovacic. There's an illusion around certain players like Willian but he's actually very ineffective.

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
This is the fourth meeting between Leicester and Villa this season, all of them a day either side of Manchester derbies.

Knux

Supports
AIK Stockholm
I hope Villa have a Good game tonight. I actually think they could get a result here.
Leicester havent looked good in a while and are pretty meh without Vardy.

Paul_Scholes18

This is the fourth meeting between Leicester and Villa this season, all of them a day either side of Manchester derbies.
Yeah interesting they played on the same league days too. Then had both as league cup semi finals.

Yagami

Good post resistant
No Drinkwater. Villa may just stand a chance.

Deery

Dreary
Engels really does give you heart in mouth moments all the time.

Yagami

Good post resistant
Were Leicester chanting "champions of England, you'll never sing that" before?

Pagh Wraith

The King Power Stadium has the weirdest sound of all PL grounds. Does everyone have clap banners there? Cause that's what it sounds like.

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
The King Power Stadium has the weirdest sound of all PL grounds. Does everyone have clap banners there? Cause that's what it sounds like.
They all have these things:

Worst thing in football short of goal music.

Utdstar01

They've used them a lot there in the past so wouldn't surprise me if they have tonight.

Goku23

Only a matter of time before Liecester score hope Villa hold on for half time!