Premier League Gameweek 29

MonkeysMagic

Abomination of a performance from Everton. Wont come as a great surprise; now they can go back and look forward to their summer holidays!

DevilRed

I'm convinced 5th will get a Champs league spot.

Man City will appeal and get their 2 year ban reduced to 1.
Some sports lawyers are saying that the actual hearing might not happen "in time" as is sometimes the case with CAS and the whole appeals process.

Therefore it might be that city will still be in the CL next year but start the ban in 21/22.

Lee565

Chelsea looking better of late with giroud back in their starting line up

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
We did not dominate them at all, it was a fairly even contest.
Checking on the stats, you're about right (44-56% possession to United, with them having 16 shots to us 14). Felt like we dominated them, though.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
I'm convinced 5th will get a Champs league spot.

Man City will appeal and get their 2 year ban reduced to 1.
And if their appeal cannot be heard before August, they can apply for a stay, and enter the CL next season

Melbourne Red

Still hasn't given Rain Dog another chance
Supports
Liverpool
Why doesn't Barkley get a different haircut? Just once , like.

DevilRed

Checking on the stats, you're about right (44-56% possession to United, with them having 16 shots to us 14). Felt like we dominated them, though.
We dominated them as much as any team can dominate at stamford bridge.

It was one of the better/best performances against them in decades.

Chipper

Adulterer.
Everton weren't particularly good against us.
So this 'raising their game or this was their cup final against us' is just lazy talk.
Simple fact was we were not good enough or motivated enough to get a victory last week, more so with our flat 2nd half performance.

Last weeks 2nd half performance needs to come under more scrutiny because we finished the 1st half reasonably strongly.
Yes, they're not really game raisers.

Their last 5 defeats have been against Chelsea, Arsenal, City, Liverpool and Leicester. All big clubs or good clubs.

No reason why they'd try their hardest against us and not the others.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
We dominated them as much as any team can dominate at stamford bridge.

It was one of the better/best performances against them in decades.
We were talking about Everton - United game, mate :D

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
First time I saw Billy in person two years ago for the u18s against Arsenal and he was unreal. Instantly knew he was guaranteed to make it to the top. Absolute unreal talent.

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Which in its turn, taking into account all the circumstances, will show that Frank did a better job than Ole, no?
No, other situations and choices might, but not this. Despite people having these excuses for Lampard, he has a massive squad with loads of options.

James, Azpi, Zouma, Tomori, Rudiger, Christiansen, Alonso, Emerson, Jorginho, Kovacic, Kante, Mount, Barkley, RLC, Willian, Pedro, Hudson-Odoi, Pulisic, Gilmour, Giroud, Bats, Abraham

It’s a massive squad, well stocked and well balanced, cover for every position and loads of bench options to change things where necessary. It’s a far better squad than Man United have at present. Lingard and Pereira wouldn’t have made an appearance for Chelsea all season, and they certainly wouldn’t have had to play the same midfield and attack all season in every game.

I think it’s a better squad than Liverpool too, if you compare their benches. Obviously Liverpool have a better first eleven, but Chelsea have far more options to cover for injuries and to change games and formations.

Lampard should be comfortably in 3rd place, transfer window or not. He is doing ok so far, nothing more.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Does Mike Dean get the assist for that? Laughable "foul" before the free kick

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Does Mike Dean get the assist for that? Laughable "foul" before the free kick
Brilliant diver that Mane/Salah. The way they won that free kick for Man Utd. I'm sure that breaks PL rules but what the hell. :D

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
On top now, this is great to watch. This defence can def concede more

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
You guys are preferring us over City? :houllier:
I want the league done as quickly as possible so that I can stop worrying about us throwing it away in ridiculous fashion.

Also I’d prefer to win it at Anfield. United win today then we can win it at home to Palace as opposed to away to City.