Premier League Gameweek 29

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Chelsea are closer to being a top side than us. Only really lacking a striker. Unsurprising given how much they've spent.
Finding new and interesting ways to wet the bed since 2015. God bless you.

TheReligion

Abusive
The caf is an odd place

a 0-0 at home and the plaudits come out

even the Chelsea fans are disappointed in the result but the Caf finds a way to talk them up as contenders, and of course, much better than United. Jesus :lol:

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Their midfield depth is better than ours by a mile. Their starting midfield (Enzo, Kante and Kovacic) is probably slightly better than ours (Case, Eriksen and Bruno) but I wouldn't say the gap is huge.

Our centre backs are better than Chelsea's as well, I'd say. We also have at least one dangerous forward player in Rashford, which is one more than Chelsea.

You're not wrong though, both teams need to improve in similar areas on the whole. I'm unfortunately not totally sold that we're going to get the keeper I'm desperately craving either.
Yeah Rashford the main difference.

Dazzmondo

Brighton are just 4 points behind us, same on games played??

Seems other teams are getting steam as we lose form.

We need to start winning games
I'm way more worried about them than Spurs or Liverpool, both of whom I'm confident will continue dropping points. Brighton have some great players and a great manager

Djemba-Djemba

The caf is an odd place

even the Chelsea fans are disappointed in the result but the Caf finds a way to talk them up as contenders, and of course, much better than United. Jesus :lol:
A 0-0 in a dreadful game that leaves them in 11th place and we have supposed Utd fans looking on enviously at them.

Some really odd posts in here.

JustinC00

Have an awful feeling they're gonna play us off the park when we meet
We don't play them until April 23rd in the FA Cup and May 4th in the league. Casemiro and Eriksen will be back for those.

Dazzmondo

Their midfield depth is better than ours by a mile. Their starting midfield (Enzo, Kante and Kovacic) is probably slightly better than ours (Case, Eriksen and Bruno) but I wouldn't say the gap is huge.

Our centre backs are better than Chelsea's as well, I'd say. We also have at least one dangerous forward player in Rashford, which is one more than Chelsea.

You're not wrong though, both teams need to improve in similar areas on the whole. I'm unfortunately not totally sold that we're going to get the keeper I'm desperately craving either.
Chelsea's midfield is absolutely not better than ours. Casemiro and Bruno are better than any of their midfielders (Kante now past his best). Chelsea couldn't score against a shit Liverpool team (was mostly their 2nd team too). Their depth is better for sure, spending £600m will help with that. Not sure how a team in 11th is getting this sort of praise frankly.

GlasgowCeltic

very much enjoying Villas post Gerrard bounce, and now a player he seemingly discarded scores the winner

cyberman

The caf is an odd place

That poster is on a wind up. I have no idea how they’ve survived for sibling without being outed

cyberman

Is it in Kelly’s contract that she has to do every Liverpool game? It’s literally LFC tv every time they’re on Sky. Overwhelming scouse voices and biased opinions
Adding to this 3 of the 4 pundits / presenters have deep Liverpool connections as per usual. Why is this never called out?

Leftback99

Even for you, this is a breathtakingly stupid post.
We'll find out next season whether it is or isn't. It's an observation about the strength of the squads.

No need to jump to extremes straight away about 'stupidity'.

PS. you don't need to go running to your little thread we can all see for back up. Why do so many of you do this? :lol:

Semper Fudge

Apt Tagline
We'll find out next season whether it is or isn't. It's an observation about the strength of the squads.

PS. you don't need to go running to your little thread we can all see for back up. Why do so many of you do this? :lol:
Nah, we know it now. It is.

Djemba-Djemba

Your unrelenting negativity is so tiresome.

I don't even know what you get out of supporting Utd, you don't seem to enjoy anything.

Except for when Utd have a bad result and you get to moan.

cyberman

I don't even know what you get out of supporting Utd, you don't seem to enjoy anything.

Or after a game that we aren’t even involved in

LordSpud

I do think if Chelsea could finish they would have picked up quite a few points to be slightly worried about them. As it is, they havent. BUUUT I think it is likely they go for a top striker to complete the puzzle, I've thought for a long time that they will go for Osimhen. Next season will be more interesting for them for sure.

redcucumber

I do think if Chelsea could finish they would have picked up quite a few points to be slightly worried about them. As it is, they havent. BUUUT I think it is likely they go for a top striker to complete the puzzle, I've thought for a long time that they will go for Osimhen. Next season will be more interesting for them for sure.
Assuming Osimhen is on the move, why would he join them over us?

red.knight

Chelsea spent north of 600m and didn't buy a striker. No manager is going to get results without goal scorers.

TheReligion

Abusive

You can’t judge him.

Anyone with their profile set to private is as suspicious as they come.

Sylar

Have an awful feeling they're gonna play us off the park when we meet
Eriksen and casemiro back by then. Hopefully martial with games under his belt. We should be better by then

Leftback99

Is it negativity or just observations against the crowd that have proven to be correct? (eg. "we aren't playing well despite results" , "top 4 isn't a certainty")

You are all quick to pile on and have a go, no one ever comes back and says yeah actually you were right further down the line.

Djemba-Djemba

Is it negativity or just observations against the crowd that have proven to be correct? (eg. "we aren't playing well despite results" , "top 4 isn't a certainty")

You are all quick to pile on and have a go, no one ever comes back and says yeah actually you were right further down the line.
It's negativity.

Do you ever wonder why so many people pile on you? Do you not think it's because you often post very stupid things?

Leftback99

It's negativity.

Do you ever wonder why so many people pile on you? Do you not think it's because you often post very stupid things?
How can they be stupid if they end up being correct?

2 recent pile ons:

Accused of 'hating' Ten Hag. Because I said our attacking play isn't great. (we've not scored for 3 league games since)

'Clueless' because I said Spurs beating City wasn't a positive result for us in the top 4 race. (We're currently below them)

Last edited:

Djemba-Djemba

How can they be stupid if they end up being correct?
How have you been correct?

We've in the middle of a blip in form. Nobody is disputing that.

My point is we have a bad result and you're all over the forum posting everywhere moaning. We have a good result and you go quiet. If we lose tomorrow you'll relish the chance to moan and if we win you'll post a one sentence comment in the post match thread then log off. It's so blatant.

red.knight

They bought two this season. Aubamayang and Fofana. And Lukaku for £100m still on the books.
This Chelsea squad is terribly built. Fofana and Aubamyang are not the solution to Chelsea's goalscoring problem, and never will be. It seems Todd Boehly & Co. have more money than sense. 100m Lukaku doesn't have a future at Chelsea. They need a new striker.

adexkola

Doesn't understand sportswashing.
The CL is a glorified FA Cup set to music
Supports
orderly disembarking on planes
This Chelsea squad is terribly built. Fofana and Aubamyang are not the solution to Chelsea's goalscoring problem, and never will be. It seems Todd Boehly & Co. have more money than sense. 100m Lukaku doesn't have a future at Chelsea. They need a new striker.
Abramovich bought Lukaku

Leftback99

How have you been correct?

We've in the middle of a blip in form. Nobody is disputing that.

My point is we have a bad result and you're all over the forum posting everywhere moaning. We have a good result and you go quiet. If we lose tomorrow you'll relish the chance to moan and if we win you'll post a one sentence comment in the post match thread then log off. It's so blatant.
See edited previous post.

Glad you follow me so closely.

Djemba-Djemba

See edited previous post.

Glad you follow me so closely.
I don't follow you, it's just hard not to notice your ludicrous negativity when we lose and noticeable disappearing act when we do well. Something you didn't deny by the way.

We're below Spurs on GD with two games in hand. Forgive me for not being panic stricken about them.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Nice to see everyone talking about Chelsea in here and not how utterly dreadful that Liverpool performance was. Our away performances in the league have been the worst I've seen for a long time.

Fulham - Should've lost.
United - Thoroughly outplayed and lost.
Everton - Rubbish. Could've lost but for a close offside.
Arsenal - Did ok but ultimately deserved to lose. 1-0 down in the opening minute.
Forest - Awful. Lost.
Spurs - Good first half and won, but awful second half and Spurs deserved something from the game.
Villa - Probably the only semi-decent performance and a win.
Brentford - Battered.
Brighton - Battered.
Wolves - Battered.
Newcastle - Won but worryingly poor against 10 men for large spells.
Palace - Awful 0-0.
Bournemouth - Dreadful loss.
City - Stuffed.
Chelsea - Awful performance we deserved to lose. Stole a point.

That's one semi-decent performance across 90 minutes all season.

Leftback99

I don't follow you, it's just hard not to notice your ludicrous negativity when we lose and noticeable disappearing act when we do well. Something you didn't deny by the way.

We're below Spurs on GD with two games in hand. Forgive me for not being panic stricken about them.
On here every day. No disappearing act here. Post match threads are always longer after a defeat, don't see you adding anything useful either way.

No one is panic stricken, we should still do it. But that's irrelevant to the point of whether I was right or not in this case.

Djemba-Djemba

On here every day. No disappearing act here. Post match threads are always longer after a defeat, don't see you adding anything useful either way.

No one is panic stricken, we should still do it. But that's irrelevant to the point of whether I was right or not in this case.
It's just whenever I see someone post something stupid, it's often you that's the poster. Like the nonsense about how Chelsea are closer to being a top side than us, as they sit 11th in the table.

They're always longer after a defeat because there's plenty of posters like you who seem to enjoy it more when we lose.