Premier League Gameweek 3

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
I'll probably regret posting this but that Arsenal line-up looks extraordinarily average.

slored1

I'm genuinely stunned that this Arsenal team is competitive. Xhaka, Elneny and Holding aren't top 4 quality players. Arteta is a genius for getting a tune out of them.

Deery

Dreary
There’s no way that keeper, defence and midfield can hold off Liverpool, front 3 is okay but that’s about it..

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
Yeah, but it's never the front three though, is it?
You're right on that, but it does shift the subject away from 'any key players'. Although you can extend it to TAA, Robertson, Van Dijk, and Wijnaldum, all of whom seem to be pretty much always available.

Targeted recruiting? (Drugs comments are boring and anyway have little to do with long-term muscle or bone injuries.)

Josh 76

Henderson and Thiago out.
So bloody what.
They can have Lingard, Perrira and Fred in there and it still won't make a difference.
It's The front 3, 2 full backs and VVD that make this team tick.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Thiago Ox Henderson and Matip are all unavailable. We’ve just been fortunate enough not to have long term injuries in the last 2 seasons to any of the front three and VVD. Although Alisson did miss the first third of last season.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I'll probably regret posting this but that Arsenal line-up looks extraordinarily average.
I think they're much better tactically than they have been though. Arteta has his head screwed on straight.

Mcking

Emiliano Martinez could well be the best keeper in the league. Not sure why Arsenal chose Leno over him.

mu4c_20le

Emiliano Martinez could well be the best keeper in the league. Not sure why Arsenal chose Leno over him.
He seems very mentally strong, which makes him consistent and reliable. Only Arsenal fans who watched him week in week out can answer that one.

dbs235

He seems very mentally strong, which makes him consistent and reliable. Only Arsenal fans who watched him week in week out can answer that one.
I think Arsenal fans were sad to see him go to be honest.

Mcking

As a defender, he is the goalkeeper you want to play in front of. Based on what I've seen so far, I honestly wouldn't swap him for any keeper in England.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
If Arsenal win the league table will look interesting after three games. Top three of Leicester, Everton & Arsenal.

RashyForPM

Arsenal will break Liverpool’s million year home unbeaten run in the league tonight.

RashyForPM

Yeah Martinez is brilliant. If Arsenal ever want him back, Villa should ask for Leno and £10m. Wouldn’t go as far as to say he’s the best (Alisson, Henderson and Pope all have a say), but he’s right up there.