Premier League Gameweek 3

Dipper

#7 Swiftie
Supports
Liverpool
Crikey we are dogshit

The 'no midfield' strategy doesn't seem to be working out.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
United battering Liverpool here. All over them. That’s a genuinely incredible goal.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
7 league games in a row we've conceded first. Second best all over here.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
If we keep this to 1-0 maybe we can change this but this is really poor. Look like a side at the end of its cycle.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
If we keep this to 1-0 maybe we can change this but this is really poor. Look like a side at the end of its cycle.
The high line Klopp insists on is a mistake I feel. Sancho, Elanga and Rashford have more than enough pace to make him regret that decision. They already have as it happens.

Dipper

#7 Swiftie
Supports
Liverpool
Failing to sufficiently rejuvenate the squad despite our myriad injury-prone players will ultimately doom us this season, providing we do not bring anyone in before the window closes. This is a midfield that I would expect to see in the final minutes of a league cup tie against a championship side, not away to our greatest rivals in the PL.

Trent has also been even more defensively suspect than usual in recent weeks which isn't helping matters.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
The high line Klopp insists on is a mistake I feel. Sancho, Elanga and Rashford have more than enough pace to make him regret that decision. They already have as it happens.
The midfield three isn't working either. Too slow and United have put the mileage in to close everything off. We're coming into it now but not testing De Gea at all.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Milner should be listing toughest players he’s played against on podcasts, not starting in games like this :lol:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Liverpool need to overload the left. Diaz, Robertson and Elliot the only players that look on it tonight.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Grew into it but Milner and Henderson are so far beyond their expiry date. United have defended well but look like they're starting to give way. Don't really have an out ball as the half went on.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Failing to sufficiently rejuvenate the squad despite our myriad injury-prone players will ultimately doom us this season, providing we do not bring anyone in before the window closes. This is a midfield that I would expect to see in the final minutes of a league cup tie against a championship side, not away to our greatest rivals in the PL.

Trent has also been even more defensively suspect than usual in recent weeks which isn't helping matters.
I don’t get why you aren’t helping him by putting VVD there? I know he’s been making loads of mistakes recently but he still does the basics well and will help him way more than fecking Gomez or Phillips.

TheLiverBird

Steady Klopper

we finished last season very strong, and are just 2 nearly 3 games into this season, you don’t drop off that quickly, the flow will come back

but we have be phenomenally poor today

I expect heads too butt in the dressing room and Klopp too rein them in and a better half will be ahead

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Milner has been infuriating, he's not nearly good enough anymore to start in a midfield, let alone one accompanied with Henderson and Elliott.

It's a wonder we're still in this thing after that first 20min or so, abysmal showing. Sloppy passing, no run ins behind or good attacking movement, and our midfield can barely play one useful pass forward. Utd more hungry, higher intensity, faster to every ball.

Idxomer

United don't have much energy left now, pretty smooth sailing for Liverpool in the 2nd half.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Milner has been infuriating, he's not nearly good enough anymore to start in a midfield, let alone one accompanied with Henderson and Elliott.

It's a wonder we're still in this thing after that first 20min or so, abysmal showing. Sloppy passing, no run ins behind or good attacking movement, and our midfield can barely play one useful pass forward. Utd more hungry, higher intensity, faster to every ball.
It makes no sense that you haven’t bought a midfielder.

Dipper

#7 Swiftie
Supports
Liverpool
Why is Fabinho on the bench?
Was very bad the first two games; still strange considering the totally substandard cover we have for him.

Didn't you hear? Bellingham is the only midfielder in the world who would improve the Elliot-Henderson-Milner trio. As Dortmund aren't returning our calls right now, we have to wait it out til next summer.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Was very bad the first two games; still strange considering the totally substandard cover we have for him.

Didn't you hear? Bellingham is the only midfielder in the world who would improve the Elliot-Henderson-Milner trio. As Dortmund aren't returning our calls right now, we have to wait it out til next summer.
:lol: I know you’re waiting on him but like us with a striker, you need two.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
That's what most of us have been saying all summer but it seems Klopp is too stubborn to buy anyone but his main / favorite target. I'm holding out some hope that it means we have a deal in place for Bellingham for next year or that we have strong indications that he wants to join us from himself and/or Dortmund, but also not holding my breath for that one :lol: