Premier League Gameweek 3

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Liverpool will be in a relegation scrap this season. One more top 4 spot has just opened up.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Where did this come out of. United outworking Liverpool by a mile. Great workrate. Completely unexpected.

Dipper

#7 Swiftie
Supports
Liverpool
Where did this come out of. United outworking Liverpool by a mile. Great workrate. Completely unexpected.
Trent and Van Dijk have been complacent/generally poor since the start of the season. Henderson, Milner and Elliot should under no circumstances be a midfield we see starting a PL game. We're just not good right now.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
It's come out of nowhere.

I haven't seen a United side show this much intensity, work this hard or press as a cohesive unit in a decade. I kid you not.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
Is that Salah done now he's got his new contract?

avgp_1

Elliot is a tidy player but just doesnt have the acceleration to make a difference

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
This really has been awful from Liverpool. But the squad is fine. Henderson and Milner can play 50+ games. All is well.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Carvalho is a baller, questions have to be asked of Klopp on why he started that midfield without him.

Red the Bear

Something less generic
That's what a good manager does.

Still a long way to go buy he's certainly improved us compared to Ralph.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Not a bad game for a relegation 6 pointer that.

Well impressed by United. For 70 minute they were excellent.

Liverpool really need some midfielders back, that midfield can't press, can't pass and hasn't the legs to play the Klopp way.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Yikes, that was pretty bad from both teams. Those midfields were more than suspect.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Would've been incredibly harsh on United if they didn't win that. My initial thoughts:

- Serious slack of commitment from us. Firmino and Salah hiding, other players playing within themselves.
- Van Dijk was awful for Sancho's goal. The second was dreadful from our perspective as well.
- Trent's great when we're winning. When we're up against it his flaws become a massive issue.
- This team needs a massive refresh in midfield. Milner and Henderson can't start another game together this season.

I thought United were very good. Committed to everything and fought for that win. Martinez was good but a bit manic with his defending. Varane was the cool head. Martinez should probably be played in midfield if United find a decent partner for Varane. Malacia was very good. The front line worked their arses off. Dropping Ronaldo was a no brainer.

Relegation six-pointer against Bournemouth coming up.

PedroMendez

Acolyte
Would've been incredibly harsh on United if they didn't win that. My initial thoughts:

- Serious slack of commitment from us. Firmino and Salah hiding, other players playing within themselves.
- Van Dijk was awful for Sancho's goal. The second was dreadful from our perspective as well.
- Trent's great when we're winning. When we're up against it his flaws become a massive issue.
- This team needs a massive refresh in midfield. Milner and Henderson can't start another game together this season.

I thought United were very good. Committed to everything and fought for that win. Martinez was good but a bit manic with his defending. Varane was the cool head. Martinez should probably be played in midfield if United find a decent partner for Varane. Malacia was very good. The front line worked their arses off. Dropping Ronaldo was a no brainer.

why didn't Fabinho start?

padr81

Supports
Man City

I see alot of Cancelo in Trent, when you are dominating and he's on the ball he's great, but when the chips are down and people run at him/past him. He hasn't the pace or the strength to really stop them.

GlasgowCeltic

an obvious point but the Mane loss really is massive, doesn't remotely feel like a dual threat anymore

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Is it just me or does Sancho sounds like a french dude who had a few english lessons ?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
I am dumbfounded where this performance has come from. We defended calmly, won 50-50s, pressed and looked dangerous on the counter. If we can build on this and bring calm possession as well I am excited for the season.
You and me both mate. Liverpool’s downfall is much more enjoyable than United’s so this is a good night for me :lol:

PoTMS

Is it just me or does Sancho sounds like a french dude who had a few english lessons ?
His spell in Germany has led to a case of the McLaren's. The use of "for sure" to answer a question is the cherry on the cake.