Premier League Gameweek 3

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
Why don't Nunez or Jota start more often? Gakpo is crap.
The bigger mystery is why they haven’t started Salah today. You’d have to imagine he’s off, I can’t even see him on the bench.

cyberman

The last man rule doesn't apply like that. Last man means he's the last man between the player and the goal (without counting the keeper). By meaning the last man means there's no chance por another player to defend it, that's why the angle matter. It may be a player behind but if the angle is not right he will eventually catch him.

I don't know if I explained myself clear there haha
He was last man between player and goal? Nobody is getting around to cover, you might want to watch it again. He’s clean through with nobody around him
https://youtube.com/shorts/DoWXUH-oY8M?si=Kruthuy0E0K5DjFp

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
Tonali is so much faster than I thought he was. Would have been perfect for Utd.

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
The last man rule doesn't apply like that. Last man means he's the last man between the player and the goal (without counting the keeper). By meaning the last man means there's no chance por another player to defend it, that's why the angle matter. It may be a player behind but if the angle is not right he will eventually catch him.

I don't know if I explained myself clear there haha
Crazy that you seemingly understand the rule without understanding it at all. Who is covering that chance?

Tonali's covered a crazy amount of ground. Newcastle's midfield must be a nightmare to play against.

Cheap giveaway from him right before I posted this. :wenger:

BobFromParva

Supports
Whitchurch Alport FC
Klopp’s face. He‘s doing the Compo meets Albert Steptoe impersonation, it’s so funny.

SAFMUTD

Semper Fudge

Adds nothing to the discussion
Tonali's given the ball away a couple of times the last few minutes. Wake up.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
For a ground famed for its noise and intimidation, St James Park is very quiet today. I can hear the ball being passed about.

Fooza

Last minute Liverpool equalizer would be nice. Need to knock the momentum out of these Ant & Deccers.
I'd be very happy if Newcastle replace Liverpool as a big 6 for years to come, so it's always a Liverpool loss no matter what

Pexbo

Winner of the 'I'm not reading that' medal.
Supports
Big Days
For a ground famed for its noise and intimidation, St James Park is very quiet today. I can hear the ball being passed about.
Apparently all Newcastle fans are hanging their heads in both shame and solidarity with Virgil van Dijk

SAFMUTD

Crazy that you seemingly understand the rule without understanding it at all. Who is covering that chance?
I've seen a replay from another angle and it looks a clear chance there. From the first take it seemed it was much more wide.

I can see why it was given now, as I said I think is harsh but under the rules it's 100% a red card.

Amar__

Geriatric lover and empath
Supports
MK Dons
They are loud only when they need to protest refs decisions, same as Anfield.

Dazzmondo

Newcastle's recruitment team deserve so much credit. Gordon looks excellent. Never thought he looked like this level of talent at Everton

Oranges038

Maybe they just need a new chant to make some more noise.

Something like this might work.

Newcastle Newcastle Newcastle
Newcastle Newcastle Newcastle