Premier League Gameweek 30+31

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Agreed. That lineup makes no sense to me. Klopp having a laugh with us all again
Robertson, Salah and Wijnaldum have all picked up little niggles in training according to the media over the last couple of weeks and they've missed a few sessions. No need to risk them

cyberman

I think you're over estimating the end of season Liverpool game. The first XI will have probably started their summer holidays.
Its the last home game of a league winning season?
I also think Liverpool and sides with nothing to play for will use the end of the season as pre season for next season. They cant slack off. They cant have basically 6 months off and straight into next year with not even a pre season to prepare

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Robertson, Salah and Wijnaldum have all picked up little niggles in training according to the media over the last couple of weeks and they've missed a few sessions. No need to risk them
That's devastating news, my heart bleeds for them.

Untd55

Going to be difficult to knock Chelsea out of the top four. I doubt we are going to win all of the remaining games, which I think is close on to what we are going to need to do.

Chelsea occasionally pull off good results against City, so it is far from a guarantee that they will drop points there.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Yeah I expected them to win this anyway. They have some hard fixtures coming up so as long as we don't feck it up we'll catch them.

5th could be enough anyway if the City ban is upheld and of course we have the EL but can't bank on that.
I think Leicester will get dragged back into the conversation too. They've been on a terrible run, and their fixture list is brutal. They've benefitted so much from not playing European football this year, but the new fixture pile up essentially means they are.

I think our final game of the season will be a winner takes all for top 4. I genuinely don't think we'll drop more than 2 points here on in. Those lower-table away games at this point in the season appear much less daunting when there are no fans allowed in.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Going to be difficult to knock Chelsea out of the top four. I doubt we are going to win all of the remaining games, which I think is close on to what we are going to need to do.

Chelsea occasionally pull off good results against City, so it is far from a guarantee that they will drop points there.
Doubt you'll need top 4 tbh. Hoping City's ban is upheld

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Its the last home game of a league winning season?
I also think Liverpool and sides with nothing to play for will use the end of the season as pre season for next season. They cant slack off. They cant have basically 6 months off and straight into next year with not even a pre season to prepare
I like your positivity. I remember you being similarly confident of top 4 last season when i was saying otherwise.

SirFergie

Chelsea can literally drop points to any team, football is not played on paper.

The home/away factor is also non existent, and fitness and sharpness is also not there yet. The games have all looked fairly dull so far, slower paced and less energetic. Villa are one of the worst teams, so using them as a example is not a good choice. Chelsea will have much greater tests later.

Nothing is certain in these weird times.
True. Chelsea have Watford at home, which won't be easy, Palace away which also won't be easy and Sheff Utd away which definitely won't be easy.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I’d say it’s for not starting Tammy Abraham you have been toothless up front..
I think no Gilmour was the biggest problem. For these type of games a DLP is a must.

cyberman

I like your positivity. I remember you being similarly confident of top 4 last season when i was saying otherwise.
Not quite right. I remember you saying Spurs had an advantage because they had harder home games then they went and basically dropped points in every one of those games.
Theres no advantage when everyone is shit.
Nice of you to support the side in these tight runs though

UNITED ACADEMY

Supports
Erik ten Hag
Points never come as easy as they look on paper. 7 wins out of 8 is highly unlikely to happen. If Leicester were closer i'd give us a good chance of catching them, i think we'll finish closer to them than Chelsea.
Those fixtures are winnable and the other teams have tougher fixtures than us, it's totally not impossible to say at this point.

And beside, if we can't even secure the top 4 given our players are back from injury now and the advantage of fixtures ahead of us compared to the two teams above us then it's simply show that we are not good enough and we truly don't deserve it.

Crustanoid

Hope Villa plummet down through the divisions after today’s result. Also Everton will bend over once again this evening.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Lot of their main players last season were from loan move which some of them they couldn't secure them permanently. IMO they shouldn't spend 100m but they do need to spend money to upgrade their players.
I feel like that's bad management though if you're unable to secure them permanently in the next season and rely on them too much when they're on loan.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
We had to spend. We lost 5/6 players from our promotion squad as they were either loans (Tammy, Axel) or too old to do anything in premier league (Whelan, Adomah, Jedinak) so squad was very thin.

Our big error was doing what we did in 2015, replacing key players with young inexperience ones from lower leagues like Trezeguet and Hause. Only experienced player from premier league we really signed was Tom Heaton.

Do think Douglas Luiz will be a very good player in 12-18 months, been excellent this game and last but we simply haven't got enough in the 11 good enough for this level right now.

And yes Dean Smith is very weak in game management, very slow using subs and tweaking our formation which you need to do when you're in the lead against top 6/7.
Yeah, that's fair that you had to spend that, I understand. My point was more what you've said in your second line about the transfers you actually made. Douglas Luiz does look decent but you're right that you should have spent more of the budget on proven players. You made a similar mistake to Fulham.

Anyway, time to logoff so I can't see the caf laughing at us get beat 5-0. :D

Wayne's World

If Everton can't beat Liverpool's under 16 then they have absolutely no chance today

i reckon this will be over by half time

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
We do but I'd rather have Chelsea's run in +5 points so it's not in our hands to blow.
Yeah, you're probably right.

Then again, finishing fifth and/or winning the EL will see us qualify, so we have plenty of options available to us. No excuses.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Lot of bench options and that’s even without Shaqiri Lallana and Jones. I think strength in depth will be a key factor for many teams.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Not quite right. I remember you saying Spurs had an advantage because they had harder home games then they went and basically dropped points in every one of those games.
Theres no advantage when everyone is shit.
Nice of you to support the side in these tight runs though
I expected Spurs to finish above us you argued otherwise, they did by 5 points. They won 3 of their last 5 at home.

I support the side, i'm just realistic when others seem to think we'll win every game and Chelsea will drop points in every tough game. Bookies give us at best a 40% chance of beating Sheff Utd and Brighton in our next two games.

always_hoping

Merseyside Derby up next. A near full strength Everton lost to Liverpools school kids in the FA Cup this season so in theory Liverpool should win this game comfortably 3 or 4-0

Yet they probably won't and instead will rely on a late winner via VAR or another goalkeeping error. Time to cut the lawn no way am I watching that..