Premier League Gameweek 31+32

padr81

Supports
Man City
Yeah. And then one header against Villa at Old Trafford started his career with scoring a few important goals and then going back again to being poor for us
Yeah it was weird looked like he was finally gonna take off and just didn't. Than of course scored bucket loads everywhere else. Werner kinda feels the same, no one knows why but its just not working.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Burnley gonna be under huge pressure to relegate Norwich tomorrow.

Daydreamer

Supports
Arsenal
Since when can VAR overturn decisions based on guesswork?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
It seems absurd to lament poor or unlucky finishing when we're 4-0 up at HT but this should at least be 7-0.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Wasnt the white boot we saw on that parralel angle Cucurella's ? :confused: If so it was in front of Martinelli's i think. I have no idea how they got to that call...
Doesn't change the fact that we are so poor without Partey (and Xhaka) in the middle. Lacazette is again invisible, he should get subbed off at HT.

slored1

Arsenal robbed here, no way can they see an offside from that angle.

Zaphod2319

Supports
Chelsea
It seems absurd to lament poor or unlucky finishing when we're 4-0 up at HT but this should at least be 7-0.
I will be happy with a win to stop the uncertainty from the sale effecting the players.

Mike Smalling

That disallowed goal for Arsenal is hilarious :lol: the application of VAR remains a complete joke. It's funny because it happened to Arsenal, though.

Deery

Dreary
Looks to me as if there is a foot in there playing Martinelli on?

cj_sparky

The white boot is the keeper. I thought it may be one of those, where you need two players between the goal and an attacker.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
If you pause it, looks offside.
Looks offside but can't be certain without camera on the other side to get the line on the defender who is in front of the keeper.

Need both players to be behind Martinilli, the keeper definitely is, can't see the other player because the keeper is in the way.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Oh yeah it is the GK's boot, i thought it was a right foot so must have been Cucurella but he's wearing red boots...

Daydreamer

Supports
Arsenal
I think that keepers foot, so there would need to another Brighton player. There are no angles that show the positioning of near post defender (Cucurella) so you would have thought that the onfield decision would stand.

But, nah…

Demas

Supports
Chelsea
People always forget it has to be two players before you are onside because the goalkeeper is always in goal. The keeper was out, so the person's foot in line with Martinelli makes that only one person, so correct decision in my book

Man-United

It's a clear offside after watching that replay. What's the problem? VAR did the job.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Havertz subbed. Rested for Real Madrid.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
That boot on the replay is the GK's I think, which actually makes it a very good use of VAR applying the rule correctly, no?

padr81

Supports
Man City
Werner might have a higher xg today than anyone in PL history (at least since they started tracking xg)

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
this could be a 9 - 0 lads

Daydreamer

Supports
Arsenal
It's a clear offside after watching that replay. What's the problem? VAR did the job.
It’s given offside because they’ve drawn two lines and the Arsenal one is further forward. But they literally cannot see the player they’ve used to draw the Brighton line. They’ve just guessed.

padr81

Supports
Man City
It’s given offside because they’ve drawn two lines and the Arsenal one is further forward. But they literally cannot see the player they’ve used to draw the Brighton line. They’ve just guessed.
But he's ahead of the keeper so offside. The rule is 2 men.
On 2nd watch he's not ahead of the keeper at point of contact, pure guess by the var.

Deery

Dreary
People always forget it has to be two players before you are onside because the goalkeeper is always in goal. The keeper was out, so the person's foot in line with Martinelli makes that only one person, so correct decision in my book
The keepers foot was behind Martinelli though so that shouldn’t matter, bit confusing like..