Premier League Gameweek 31+32

Tottenhamguy

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
Even if we get a result tomorrow, Spurs will be a difficult game. Probably the hardest one we have after City.
Liverpool win vs us at Anfield is always a banker, all we can hope for is a draw.

base615

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
:lol: no idea why it took me so long. I was convinced until a couple of seasons ago that he was a midtable striker on a five season hot streak
You’re certainly not alone but I can’t deny we’ve found it confusing ;)

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
What’s it got to do with Maguire? Does that make him one of the best in CBs in the league? I’m confused.
I’d put him in the top 5-7 easily, based on his first season. I guess when u say one of the best what the size of the pool your picking from. For the price, and age he’s been easily our best signing in the last few years.

Lecland07

Kulusevski: 3 goals 6 assists in 11 games. Didn't realise he had that many.

TheReligion

Abusive
I’d put him in the top 7 easily, based on his first season. I guess when u day in e it the best what the size of the oool your picking from. For the price, and age he’s been easily our best signing in the last few years.
He’s not one of the best in the league then as I said.

Tottenhamguy

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
First season in the league he’s been overall fantastic. Surely you would rather have him than Maguire?
TheReligion is correct Romero has had his fair share of mistakes this season not to mention he was injured for a couple months so hard to call him one of the best centre backs in the league.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
TheReligion is correct Romero has had his fair share of mistakes this season not to mention he was injured for a couple months so hard to call him one of the best centre backs in the league.
What is your definition though? For example it’s probably easier to ask who do you put ahead of him?

Reditus

Lineup Prediction League Winner 2021-22
All away teams winning today in the prem except for one team

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
3 games in hand blown must sting for sure, the importance of a quality striker,

“You’re only as strong as your striker”
It's actually true. Struggling at both ends of the park, defence looking shaky with both full backs out, but Spurs show what you can do if you have a couple of clinical world class forwards.

Tottenhamguy

Supports
Tottenham Hotspur
What is your definition though? For example it’s probably easier to ask who do you put ahead of him?
It’s not a case of putting players in front of him it’s assessing his personal overall performance ?

Dier has clearly been our best centre back. Don’t get me wrong he’s done more then enough and is twice the player Sanchez is but he is prone to the occasional brain fart and has at times been bullied in the air by physical teams in the league.

Again he’s done ok but there is room for improvement.

padr81

Supports
Man City
Wtf?!

Spurs created 4 chances and buried them all. All probably 0.2-0.3 chances. They were super clinical.
As I posted earlier Villa battered them 0-4. Albeit 2nd half was more even.

Deery

Dreary
It's actually true. Struggling at both ends of the park, defence looking shaky with both full backs out, but Spurs show what you can do if you have a couple of clinical world class forwards.
Sadly it’s what we would have done in times past.

LilyWhiteSpur

Supports
Tottenham
Even better.

Mate it’s all balls, xG doesn’t take into consideration so many variables, striker quality, tactics, goal keeper quality. If xG had any relevance, football would be as boring as feck. Instead of readings stats watch the game.

Orc

Pretended to be a United fan for two years
Supports
Chelsea
I’d put him in the top 5-7 easily, based on his first season. I guess when u say one of the best what the size of the pool your picking from. For the price, and age he’s been easily our best signing in the last few years.
In no order, I’d say the top 5 CB’s are:

Diaz
VVD
Thiago Silva
Rüdiger
Laporte

Romero is a clear level below those players but still obviously very solid.