Premier League Gameweek 32 + FA Cup QFs

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
I feel like teams in the Bundesliga, and here in the PL, rely more on their athleticism over technique than in La Liga. So with fitness levels being low after the break it makes sense the quality isn't there yet.
Makes sense, yes. Liverpool and Leicester, who traditionally play direct attacking football, have both been mellow in their football, individual moments notwithstanding.

I have been watching a lot of football since the restart, and I personally enjoyed City against Burnley the most, followed closely of course by us against Sheffield when Bruno, Martial and Pogba were linking up. Only Chelsea come close with any sort of enjoyable play, the rest have been really dour.

Perhaps we'll have better games towards the end of the season.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
How has that McGoldrick guy made it to this level? He's hopeless.

I've never seen a player as obsessed with winning fouls as Lacazette. His entire game is based around receiving the ball into feet, grinding his arse into the defender behind him then falling over.
That's the most apt description of Lacazette I've ever read :lol:

Gandalf Greyhame

If in doubt, follow your nose!
Scout
Has Arsenal become anyone else’s most hated side after the Scouse?

I use to despise them as a child when they had Viera, Henry and Parlour but that made sense because they was good and our biggest rival. I don’t actually know why I hate this current side so much:lol:
Looking at David Luiz strutting around, Guendouzi being a petulant child and Lacazette/Aubameyang consistently going over at the slightest touch looking for free kicks they almost never convert gets to me, too. There are good players in there, though. Pepe, Saka, Tierney and Guendouzi himself are all very promising.

ThierryHenry

wishes he could watch Arsenal games with KM
How has that McGoldrick guy made it to this level? He's hopeless.

I've never seen a player as obsessed with winning fouls as Lacazette. His entire game is based around receiving the ball into feet, grinding his arse into the defender behind him then falling over.
:lol:

This is so accurate. I didn’t watch him in France, but have no idea how Arsenal’s Lacazette would ever be capable of scoring 30 goals a season. This season he’s played like Kevin Davies minus the aerial ability, he’s become absolutely dreadful. Movement is terrible and he slows down every attack.

Thank feck Arteta brought Nketiah back to replace him.

mu4c_20le

Looking at David Luiz strutting around, Guendouzi being a petulant child and Lacazette/Aubameyang consistently going over at the slightest touch looking for free kicks they almost never convert gets to me, too. There are good players in there, though. Pepe, Saka, Tierney and Guendouzi himself are all very promising.
Guendozi looked promising when he first came over at 18-19, but has shown little to no signs of improvement. In fact his attitude has gotten worse. Bargain bin Herrera in the making.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Norwood is such a good player for an upper-mid table team. Shame he hasn't been in the EPL sooner in his career.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
It's a matter of when, not if, they score

Fooza

Sheffield are just so poor at attacking, relying on crosses and set pieces like Stoke city.

mu4c_20le

If Sheffield don't score they only have themselves to blame. Arsenal all over the place

PoTMS

Sheffield United paid £20m for McBurnie and £22m for Berge? :eek:

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
I'd love for United to knock arsenal out of the cup in the semis. However, I'd like to see them lose this one today.

Conundrums

PoTMS

I've watched Enda Stevens four times since the restart. My god, what an awful player. I can sort of understand how he's a Republic of Ireland international but how on earth is he a Premier League footballer?

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
Sheffield United paid £20m for McBurnie and £22m for Berge? :eek:
22m for Berge is an excellent deal if you use him as a DM. He's not a RM or a 10 or whatever role he's playing in this Sheffield team.

kidbob

Hopefully Chelsea and Leicester goes to extra time with 3 sendings off each in the early stages of the game.

Fooza

Arsenal's won this, I wouldn't mind having them in the semis.

PoTMS

Tierney is one hell of a signing if he can stay fit. He'll be fighting Robertson for best left back in the league. Big IF.

PoTMS

Fleck has been really poor today. Normally one of their best players. Flecked up every thing he touches.

kidbob

Painful to see quality players like Stevens, Egan and McGoldrick having to play such rudimentary football. I bet they can't wait to get back to playing free flowing attacking football with Ireland.

PoTMS

Xhaka is such a diving pussy. Falls over hoping to win a free kick at every opportunity.