Premier League Gameweek 34-35

E-mal

The commentators will now say Lindelof needs to be stronger there

always_hoping

Not sure how the ref missed that push in real time? Shouldn't have needed VAR if he wasn't so sleepy. Bad two points dropped by Villa at home to that Chelsea side.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
What are people talking about. It's an obvious foul. He only gets the ball because he pushes him in the back.

torbohit1

Clear foul, no intent to play the ball

Fair play to PlasticFC, they were close

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Basically if they send the ref to the screen, decision is overturned. As a lot of things, the implementation is completely bodged in England.

E-mal

Not sure how the ref missed that push in real time? Shouldn't have needed VAR if he wasn't so sleepy. Bad two points dropped by Villa at home to that Chelsea side.
Did you watch the game? Chelsea dominated them from start to finish. On the balance of play they are luck to get a draw.

drdoityourself

They created that goal because of an obvious shove, don't see how this can be argued about. Shocking that Pawson didn't spot it in real time.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
Basically if they send the ref to the screen, decision is overturned. As a lot of things, the implementation is completely bodged in England.
They should just tell him "disallow the goal". Making the ref walk over and watch it is utterly pointless. The ref in the var booth is equally qualified as the one on the pitch.

pocco

loco
Keep a clean shit tomorrow, United is my final bus
It's rare we've been pure dogshit all game (like against Arsenal). We're usually good and terrible in the same game.
To be honest I thought you were good in the first but conceded two. You were even better in the second half though. For the first time I've seen a team that resembled what Poch created at Spurs. I genuinely thought you were brilliant overall tonight.

NoLogo

Thought it was a foul before the 3-2. Contact should be allowed yes, but you can't just shove another player away. If that would be the case teams would just recruit rugby players and shove their opponents out of the way.

That being said I feel like Chelsea was clearly the better team and Villa couldn't have complained if they'd lost that.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Diego Carlos didn't react in the slightest. That type of contact happens on every single cross. Absolutely ridiculous decision
I agree that there’s some contact on crosses as players compete.

But he doesn’t compete at all, he just shoves him in the back to stop him playing it?

Im not a fan of either but its a foul

eire-red

'Clear and obvious' rule needs to be done away with. Ref and assistants should review incidents worth seeing. VAR only to highlight potential situations.

Once the ref is sent the decision is already made and the whole "looking" is for show. Makes it idiotic and tedious and how the ref could have overturned that goal is beyond me.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
How the feck is that a clear and obvious error? The last few months they set an impossible bar for a decision to be overturned and yet they overturn the goal over a fecking nudge? Crazy. Not a push. A nudge?

pseudo_canadian

You don’t think that’s a shove in the back? (Which stops Villa defender playing the ball)
It’s a physical sport, contact is allowed. The amount of force there used was minimal. If you’re a central defender getting that easily moved off your footing in your own box then you shouldn’t be retroactively saved by VAR. It’s so weak.

If this was a goal taken away from United we’d all be rightly fuming.

Fooza

How the feck is that a clear and obvious error? The last few months they set an impossible bar for a decision to be overturned and yet they overturn the goal over a fecking push from the back? Crazy.
corrected it for you

it was a foul

torbohit1

How the feck is that a clear and obvious error? The last few months they set an impossible bar for a decision to be overturned and yet they overturn the goal over a fecking nudge? Crazy.
It's a clear error because the ref didn't give the foul right away.

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Clearly the ref didn't on first viewing, as he didn't give it and he was standing right in front of it. Yes, he gave it after, but that's only because he was told to review it and obviously didn't want to go against VAR.
I don’t disagree about the ref or how VAR is used. I’m only saying it was a foul and personally, thats how I want Var to be used… like rugby “maybe have another look?”

The other issue is refs not sticking with their decision.

The issue is ref standards, inconsistent VAR … but not that (ultimate) decision

TheMagicFoolBus

Supports
Chelsea
I agree that there’s some contact on crosses as players compete.

But he doesn’t compete at all, he just shoves him in the back to stop him playing it?

Im not a fan of either but its a foul
Pawson is looking straight at it. Carlos makes a half hearted effort towards the ball off the bounce and then gets nudged away. Doesn't really bother competing - don't see how that rises to the level of a "clear and obvious error" at all.

mu4c_20le

If this was a goal taken away from United we’d all be rightly fuming.
I'd be fuming if they scored that against us. Clearly bumps the defender away from the ball. The commentators went completely silent as the Chelsea players celebrated, it was that obvious.