Premier League Gameweek 34-35

Verminator

Have a cuppa? I'm not even salty about this decision. I don't give a feck if we won this game or not. I'm just baffled as to why VAR intervened here and didn't in our FA Cup semi final for an actual clear and obvious error.
1) you have only just mentioned the semi.
2) nothing says "not fussed" like spam-crying every other comment on athread.
:lol:

Fooza

It was not a push. If you think it's a foul then cool, probably about 50 percent of people agree with you. Yet you have VAR interventions to disallow a goal like this where it's not clear if there was enough force used to deem it a foul whilst at the same time having no VAR intervention in our semi final for the most obvious handball where the ref gave a goal kick and they went with the on field decision.

Even if you think it's a foul, why are they disallowing this when they've set the barometer so high to go against the refs on field decision in the last few months.
It's a foul, to me when I saw it it was clear and obvious, I don't know why some chelsea fans on here saying it isn't clear and obvious

The advantage in that situation was clearly on the aston villa player as the ball was going towards him, otherwise the chelsea player would have competed with him in a header contest, he knew he couldn't so he pushed him from behind to get the ball. It's a foul anywhere on the pitch for goodness sake

The barometer and VAR in the past, it's a mess. I'm just looking it at this incident alone though, why the ref didn't just blow straight away goes to show how bad they are.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
Chelsea and AFC Wimbledon
1) you have only just mentioned the semi.
2) nothing says "not fussed" like spam-crying every other comment on athread.
:lol:
I mean, you're the one who's been spam responding to me. I didn't realise I was dealing with someone who sounds like one of the whoppers you find on Twitter who assumes that any reaction to something is a meltdown. I'll leave you to think that I'm somehow raging or whatever.

Verminator

I mean, you're the one who's been spam responding to me. I didn't realise I was dealing with someone who sounds like one of the whoppers you find on Twitter who assumes that any reaction to something is a meltdown. I'll leave you to think that I'm somehow raging or whatever.
If someone says day is night, I think it warrants correction.
Name calling just shows how level-headed you are behaving.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
If someone says day is night, I think it warrants correction.
Name calling just shows how level-headed you are behaving.
I don't like dealing with passive aggressive people. You started this all by making a patronising comment. Take the high road all you want but you started it and deserved what I said.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
What was patronising? I'm not sure you understand what the word means.
You just don't like people disagreeing with you.
You're either wumming or daft. Not only is what you said below extremely patronising, you also followed it up with the bolded patronising comment above. You're exhausting and I'm done here.

Have a cuppa and calm down and analyse your reaction to this, in the cold light of day.

Verminator

You're either wumming or daft. Not only is what you said below extremely patronising, you also followed it up with the bolded patronising comment above. You're exhausting and I'm done here.
There is nothing patronising about sound advice, and the other comment has been proven correct.
Don't quote me again, please.
I'm done with you.

P-Ro

"Full Member"
Supports
There is nothing patronising about sound advice, and the other comment has been proven correct.
Don't quote me again, please.
I'm done with you.
Have a cuppa and calm down and analyse your reaction to this, in the cold light of day.

RedDevilCanuck

Quite dreamy - blue eyes, blond hair, tanned skin
Scrap the current system.

Manager gets 1 challenge a half for anything they choose - goal, red card, offside, 2nd yellow.

Goal line checks are automatic.

No clear obvious error nonsense.

Something has to give because there are more discussions about decisions than ever before and var was supposed to improve this.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Scrap the current system.

Manager gets 1 challenge a half for anything they choose - goal, red card, offside, 2nd yellow.

Goal line checks are automatic.

No clear obvious error nonsense.

Something has to give because there are more discussions about decisions than ever before and var was supposed to improve this.
Not a bad idea but I like the tennis implementation where a correct challenge keeps your challenges.

Also, automatic offside from next season means the controversy should be limited to real interpretation but this also means you're relying on that being correct which would always be controversial.

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
I just saw the game highlights.
:lol: Are people really defending that blatant push? It was as clear a foul as I’ve seen recently.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
How would you describe Garnacho or Antony?
Basically the same type of selfish players. They're of the same mould.

Yet still managed to ‘win’ a penalty in the dying seconds against us. Tells us more about the IQ of our defenders.
Sadly yeah. He is a good dribbler that's for sure and our players are stupid

Last edited:

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
VAR seems to work when English officials aren't involved.
Nah, it's been a shitshow everywhere. The problem is we're going through a competent refs famine, so we got people who make shit up as they go

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Nah, it's been a shitshow everywhere. The problem is we're going through a competent refs famine, so we got people who make shit up as they go
Big controversy in France these past few days. The VAR system is broken:
1) If a ref is called by the VAR, he risks getting points docked for wrong decision or the VAR ref risks the same if the main ref doesn't follow his recommendation
2) Getting a bad grade for a game impacts your season average which earns you or not international/European cup games.

I don't know if it's the same in England and elsewhere but the implementation is completely wrong in France

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Sheffield United have conceded 97 goals :lol: what the feck

Changeisgood

Supports
Arsenal
Should be an entertaining if nothing else. Not supremely confident here though..

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Saw the Newcastle - Sheffield Utd highlights. How the feck did they lose 5-1 :lol:

They could have been winning 5-1 at half time :lol:

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Jan Åge Fjørtoft & Nils Johan Semb. Who can come up with worse experts?

Forgot Eirik Bakke :(

Fallon d'Floor

Interesting that Ange has basically dropped Bissouma for Højbjerg. Probably a good decision against this Arsenal team.

Kulusevski getting the nod over Brennan Johnson is a big call also. He's been poor for awhile now.

De Zerbri has been brave/ruthless today. He's giving starts to Offiah and 19 year old O'Mahony who leads the line.