g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Premier League Gameweek 34 (which is not the same as gameweek 35)

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Chelsea luck in firing and hiring of managers has really caught up with them. Incredible. Now they have to do the right thing using the right method. That is starting from scratch upwards.
They are in there Moyes era, another 4-6 managers till they get it right. No shortcuts.
It was Roman and Co. doing the hiring and firing. They knew what they were doing.

cyberman

How do you even know who to sell or keep? Or when you do sell if you need a replacement or not?
They could sell Sterling but Mudryk is just as bad, do they sell Sterling and get a replacement?
Ten Hag had to keep everyone he could to asses his options and that was 100x better than this

Mr. Robot

What’s predictable is our media won’t say anything negative about Fat Frank. If it was a foreign guy, they’d be all over him.

The free ride Lampard gets from the media is beyond farcical now.

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
They don't care because they have already put themselves into next year, wherever that may be. They are all so paid highly and many of them for years and years, plus living in London, and knowing that Lampard or whoever is temporary...players rule the roost.
Exactly. 8 Year contract. I'm going to really give it a go in 2026.

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Lampard’s reputation seriously in the gutter now. Even Wrexham would crease themselves if his CV came through.

Buckie

Supports
Arsenal
It is interesting that as bad as things have been for Arsenal in recent weeks - Chelsea look to be exactly the tonic needed to get back to winning ways and boost the confidence and spirits of the squad. I remember when people highlighted this run as trouble they specifically pointed to City, Chelsea and Newcastle as crazy tough. However, Chelsea look to be the easiest fixture in the league at the moment.

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
That one Chilwell chance is about the best chance we’ve created and the closest we’ve come to scoring a real goal in a couple of weeks :lol:

AFC NimbleThumb

It’s a lot easier to say with all this happening but his sacking was just so weird.
It’s not easier now. They went from a Champions League winning manager to Potter.

Had Tuchel been an English manager & Potter some plucking continental upstart they’d have been riots, guy was never qualified but I reckon Tuchel was doomed with their owners.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
Looking at Arsenal always gives me hope, somehow. In the non-cheating world they are the natural competition for Ten Hag’s United. Assuming that justice prevails and Manchester City end up in the conference with 666 points deducted, I can see a terrific renewal of old rivalry with the Gunners.

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
What’s predictable is our media won’t say anything negative about Fat Frank. If it was a foreign guy, they’d be all over him.

The free ride Lampard gets from the media is beyond farcical now.
One of us couldnt do worse by just saying "lads, just do your best and play how you want"

Licha-Vidic

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
It was Roman and Co. doing the hiring and firing. They knew what they were doing.
Yes Roman 'knew' what he was doing, but boy he had lucky hands, this Chelsea setup since his departure has been cursed. Remember De Gea saying 'maybe we are cursed' :D .

At least another team will be under the spell now, United & Arsenal seem to have passed curse period, Chelsea are entering the stage, followed by Liverpool then hopefully City after Pep leaves.
For sure the world is round, what goes around comes around.

Mickeza

still gets no respect
Deepthroating information to Howard Nurse.
It is interesting that as bad as things have been for Arsenal in recent weeks - Chelsea look to be exactly the tonic needed to get back to winning ways and boost the confidence and spirits of the squad. I remember when people highlighted this run as trouble they specifically pointed to City, Chelsea and Newcastle as crazy tough. However, Chelsea look to be the easiest fixture in the league at the moment.
To be fair I think it was more the city and Newcastle games they were talking about.

Telsim

Chelsea do not deserve to be in the Premier League next season. But they are already safe from relegation by the hand of Tuchel. That being said, their new manager bounce will be against us, of course.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
Carragher talks so much rubbish. He is repeating the point he said on overlap about how over the last few years apart from city & pool they were always the third best team in premier league. Ignoring that they finished below us in 17-18, 19-20 & 20-21

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20
Azpi just hanging out having a fag on the touchline playing the whole Arsenal team onside for that third goal :lol:

Cloud7

Tuchel is far from perfect but I think they could have at least had an okay season with him, rather than the disaster it turned into

Buckie

Supports
Arsenal
To be fair I think it was more the city and Newcastle games they were talking about.
Obviously City was the big one and Newcastle are not an easy opponent. But many were classifying Chelsea as if they were still top 4/6 quality in terms of talent and could also be a bogey match. Their campaign has been extremely interesting to watch.

Gandalf

It’s not easier now. They went from a Champions League winning manager to Potter.

Had Tuchel been an English manager & Potter some plucking continental upstart they’d have been riots, guy was never qualified but I reckon Tuchel was doomed with their owners.
A lot of American sports owners are very involved in the day to day running of their teams in a way that football just does not warm to. Any Manager who was not prepared to doff the cap and lick Boehly's boots was destined to be elbowed aside for some obsequious, fawning, lickspittle and that inevitably is a dark path that leads to Saint Francis, distributor of points to the masses.