Premier League Gameweek 35-37 + FA Cup semis

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
feck no, we would have not given them anything unless it was required.

Even City gave it reluctantly.
You would’ve given us one if we still had to play you. Clubs are not as petty as their fans, luckily.

Ronaldo's Mum Eh?

Ronaldo is shite
I don't think there's any stopping to Liverpool next season. They still look great and I don't see that changing next season.

Their fullbacks are incredibly productive. Drives me nuts seeing Shaw waste so many good opportunities in the box after doing so well to find himself there in promising positions.
This is why we need to upgrade on him tbh

rotherham_red

Yeah. They never spend big, so will be in a great position to come back.
Apparently that was their plan. Learn from their experience in the PL and take advantage of the parachute payments to come back up relatively sharpish. I think they've fully invested into Farke's vision as well.

TsuWave

I don't think there's any stopping to Liverpool next season. They still look great and I don't see that changing next season.
It won’t be nowhere near as easy. A couple teams will improve, plus they had some ridiculous calls to their way earlier in the season

TrustInJanuzaj

'Liverpool are a proper club'
it’s also easy to look at the productivity of their fullbacks but their whole system is built around them. Our midfield will be way more productive in comparison.

Yagami

Good post resistant
People thought that when José returned to Chelsea and won the title again, and with Pep when he was breaking all sorts of records with City. Both teams looked set to rule the league for years, but neither did.

The Premier League is like no other. Guaranteed success left the league as soon as Fergie retired.

Rajma

it’s also easy to look at the productivity of their fullbacks but their whole system is built around them. Our midfield will be way more productive in comparison.
Nothing to do with that imo. You watch Roberston and TAA in exactly same positions picking out the people in the box, while Shaw and AWB consistently fail to do that. Can't remember Moreno or whoever was playing RB before TAA doing what they do now, it's players.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Apparently that was their plan. Learn from their experience in the PL and take advantage of the parachute payments to come back up relatively sharpish. I think they've fully invested into Farke's vision as well.
But they never learn anything. They come up and go back down they come up and go back down again. Eventually they need to gamble.

Nothing to do with that imo. You watch Roberston and TAA in exactly same positions picking out the people in the box, while Shaw and AWB consistently fail to do that.
AWB has improved his crossing, Shaw not so much. The amount of crosses that hit the first man against Villa was really poor.

Rajma

AWB has improved his crossing, Shaw not so much. The amount of crosses that hit the first man against Villa was really poor.
Exactly, I was pissed no one gave Shaw a good bollocking after Rashford released him into so many good positions only for him to fail to pick out anyone or hit it against the defender.

Ace of Spades

You would’ve given us one if we still had to play you. Clubs are not as petty as their fans, luckily.
Nope, we would not have given it to you, and why should we ?? City is understandable, but the rest have no obligation to do it.

TrustInJanuzaj

Nothing to do with that imo. You watch Roberston and TAA in exactly same positions picking out the people in the box, while Shaw and AWB consistently fail to do that.
Without wanting to do a full tactical analysis I disagree. Their fullbacks are more productive than ours and have better delivery but then as a result Klopp has built his team around them providing the width and getting into key positions while their midfield drops in behind to cover. That’s the complete opposite of what Ole is doing where our fullbacks tuck inside which allows Pogba and Bruno more space to attack and have more cover in defence. It’s just a tactical decision based on the players the teams have. Anyway I would argue if it’s a competition between Trent and Robertson vs Pogba and Fernandes I know who I’d be backing long term.

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Shaw really infuriates me. Rarely has any end product. If he's not passing backwards he's hitting the ball into the legs of his opponent.

He'll occasionally be on the end of a good break but we need more consistency to keep up the momentum into next season. Would love to see Williams getting more game time. At least he is more direct than Shaw.

Rajma

Without wanting to do a full tactical analysis I disagree. Their fullbacks are more productive than ours and have better delivery but then as a result Klopp has built his team around them providing the width and getting into key positions while their midfield drops in behind to cover. That’s the complete opposite of what Ole is doing where our fullbacks tuck inside which allows Pogba and Bruno more space to attack and have more cover in defence. It’s just a tactical decision based on the players the teams have. Anyway I would argue if it’s a competition between Trent and Robertson vs Pogba and Fernandes I know who I’d be backing long term.
I know that from tactical point of view we're different to them, I'm not arguing against that. However, the amount of times Shaw has been released by Rashford even in a single game against Villa which amounted to nothing was shocking, surely Robertson would have done more despite him crossing from wider positions, normally. That's simply poor decision making when it matters and not tactics.

TrustInJanuzaj

I know that from tactical point of view we're different to them, I'm not arguing against that. However, the amount of times Shaw has been released by Rashford even in a single game against Villa which amounted to nothing was shocking, surely Robertson would have done more despite him crossing from wider positions, normally. That's simply poor decision making when it matters and not tactics.
Yeh that’s fair enough and I agree, they are just better attacking players truth be told. Shaw can certainly be really frustrating because he does get into great positions but just shows little confidence or conviction. Often he just aimlessly hits the ball across the box, on the few occasions he gets his head up he always looks better.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Nope, we would not have given it to you, and why should we ?? City is understandable, but the rest have no obligation to do it.
Because it’s always done once a champion is confirmed?

You would have too.

Rajma

Yeh that’s fair enough and I agree, they are just better attacking players truth be told. Shaw can certainly be really frustrating because he does get into great positions but just shows little confidence or conviction. Often he just aimlessly hits the ball across the box, on the few occasions he gets his head up he always looks better.
Exactly, in the last couple of games he really improved on the overlapping aspect as he's getting into some very good positions, but my god it's frustrating when end product is so bad. Like a striker who does these endless good runs but cant finish to save his life, very annoying.

Ace of Spades

Because it’s always done once a champion is confirmed?

You would have too.
Not really, only the first team to play them after becoming champions is supposed to do that, in this case City. The rest have no obligation to do that.

And no, we definitely would not have.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Not really, only the first team to play them after becoming champions is supposed to do that, in this case City. The rest have no obligation to do that.

And no, we definitely would not have.
It’s only done the game after someone’s confirmed champion. Never been the case to give a guard for every bloody game after
Then why are they doing it every game for us?

Eendracht maakt macht

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Supports
PSV Eindhoven
Burnley for me is the biggest nothing club in football. They just excist and that's it. Always forget their players too.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
It’s only done the game after someone’s confirmed champion. Never been the case to give a guard for every bloody game after
They've done it every game after the title is decided for a few years now. Chelsea got a couple in Conte's winning season.

I understand they didn't do it back in the olden days, when you lot used to win it. ;)

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Because they are idiots.
Are you 100% it’s only done once? I honestly don’t know.

Still I think you would have if everyone else did it and we still had to play you. Fairly sure about that. It’s a stupid thing that needs binning altogether though. The players don’t like it, fans don’t like it, I don’t get it. Fake sportsmanship.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
They've done it every game after the title is decided for a few years now. Chelsea got a couple in Conte's winning season.

I understand they didn't do it back in the olden days, when you lot used to win it. ;)
There you go. So Utd most definitely would have too.

RORY65

Because they are idiots.
In fairness City got it from 4 teams after they won it in 2018, only Southampton didn't give them one due to specific reasons, I guess teams don't often win it so early that there are multiple guards of honour but it does seem to be a more recent thing as well.

Djemba-Djemba

Chelsea did the funniest guard of honour ever though for Utd.

John Terry clapping on Dong and Eagles and other legends.

Wonderful

RORY65

Not sure if Liverpool winning here would help us. We need them to try and beat Chelsea for the home record.
If they draw they can only match it, right? I think we and City both won 18 and drew 1, they would need to win all the remaining games if they don't win today (probably still will) to break the points record though.

mu4c_20le

This forum sure likes watching liverpool. I couldn't be bothered unless its a big game tb