Premier League Gameweek 36-37

Real Name

So even if they lose against West Ham with a win vs Villa they're champions due to goal difference?
Saying that I need to throw up.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
So even if they lose against West Ham with a win vs Villa they're champions due to goal difference?
Need them to put West Ham away just to take any hope away. Leave Liverpool needing to win, City lose and there need to be a huge goal swing last day.

Real Name

Need them to put West Ham away just to take any hope away. Leave Liverpool needing to win, City lose and there need to be a huge goal swing last day.
Yeah. Dont see City losing to West Ham anyway. We need them to win so we can secure Europa league too. :lol: :houllier::nervous:

The Corinthian

I will not take Mad Winger's name in vain
Supports
A Free Palestine
Problem is, it is all good looking at stats, but we all know that football isn't won with possession and shots; even if the the stat lovers try to tell us so.

Tbf, you're a reasonable poster so I am not going to bring up too much, as I am sure there are games Liverpool have drawn this season but should've won,, but I have tuned out because I have presumed that they would win easily.

However, off the top of my head, these are game Liverpool should've got less points out of:

1) Chelsea at home. This was possibly the only time I have seen you played off the park for a half. The James sending off, whilst not surprising was a bit harsh as I think being in that situation your body goes that way. If Chelsea hadn't gone down to 10, I don't see you drawing that game.

2) West Ham. Stats are all good but the chances passed up by West Ham were pretty bad. Yeah, you had more possession and shots, but quality of chances, West Ham should've got something in that.

3) Everton at home. Gordon is a diver and to some extent got what he deserved, bit the foul by Matip gets a pen in about 17 out of 20 stadiums in the PL. Everton get that, draw was the best your boys' were getting.

4) Spuds. Took a deflection for you to get a point. Obviously, Spurs approach was negative but I felt they did the best that could be expected when out gunned as they were and away from home.

5) Chelsea away. Unless Chabolah gives you essentially a free goal, not sure you get a draw in that one.

6) Villa away. Again, the chances were there for Villa and in this one, the ref helped out imo. Yeah, you dug in, but again, can be easily seen as 2 points gained.

As I said, I haven't seen enough of your boys' but in those games, I have felt you were lucky to come out with the points you did/felt if the score went the other way, you'se couldn't have argued too much.

That said, tbf, your team does have a great mentality in pursuing games, so obviously you're going to get points when you don't nessarily deserve so.
Mane should have been sent off vs Everton and then again vs Newcastle as well (eye poke on Holgate, and a stamp just below Dubravka’s knee).

Josh 76

If they lose to West Ham by one goal, there goal difference will be +6 and 3 points clear. Liverpool will have a game in hand.
If they beat Southampton by 3 goals (which is more than possible) Goal difference will be +3 to City, same points win 1 game left.

Can Liverpool beat Wolves by 3 more goals than City beat Villa?

This title race is not quiet over as many people think!

Dave Smith

Supports
Anything anti-Dipper
If they lose to West Ham by one goal, there goal difference will be +6 and 3 points clear. Liverpool will have a game in hand.
If they beat Southampton by 3 goals (which is more than possible) Goal difference will be +3 to City, same points win 1 game left.

Can Liverpool beat Wolves by 3 more goals than City beat Villa?

This title race is not quiet over as many people think!
I can see West Ham getting a point against City, they are game rasing feckers when they need to be.

BorisManUtd

City played Villa and West Ham in their last 2 games of 2013/14 season as well. Hopefully the outcome is same this time. They're in good position but it's stil not over.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Alonso just stood there laughing :lol:

Dim wits.
Although I was at Wycombe v MK, 1-0 up first leg, MK down to 10men and the ball went into the crowd.

One idiot was messing about with it, not recognising the critical need to get a second and see the tie off more comfortably :D

SirReginald

Supports
Chelsea
Looking forward to the North London Derby tonight.
me too. Spuds literally need to win in order to have a chance of qualification. If they draw we are guaranteed top 4 and arse will have dropped points too, which is the result I’m hoping for.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Wow Theo Walcott hasn't retired? Haven't heard anything of him for ages

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Is White being rested?
Harmstring kept him out the last 2 games. Only "fit" for the bench but i suspect we won't see him again this season if we win tonight.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
No Romero feels like a big miss for Spurs. Should be a good game.

Adamsk7

What ever happened to Davinson Sanchez? At Ajax I honestly thought he was going to become one of the best in the world.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
I think Kane is going to be the difference between the two teams tonight, he loves scoring against us.

If Spurs win tonight they'll go on to finish fourth I reckon.

mu4c_20le

What ever happened to Davinson Sanchez? At Ajax I honestly thought he was going to become one of the best in the world.
Seriously? Always thought he was just a healthier Bailly. Relies too much on athleticism.