Premier League Gameweek 36

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
There's a possibility Firmino is injured for us tonight, not that we should need him for Huddersfield.

It'll be a big blow if he's out for Barcelona though.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
There's a possibility Firmino is injured for us tonight, not that we should need him for Huddersfield.

It'll be a big blow if he's out for Barcelona though.
Out for the season potentially. A first injury blow to your "key 5" all season! In late april!

Paul_Scholes18

Massive week for both Cardiff and Brighton. Given the fixtures for them both these are the games they need to win.

I think if Brighton win and Cardiff don't then it should be over ( although Cardiff may go and beat us I guess and still make it).

If Cardiff manage to get ahead instead then I think they will make it since Brighton plays against Arsenal and City.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Out for the season potentially. A first injury blow to your "key 5" all season! In late april!
Firmino's confirmed as out for tonight but not the season at the moment. It'd make the Barcelona game far more difficult without him though if he is out.

Paul_Scholes18

Firmino's confirmed as out for tonight but not the season at the moment. It'd make the Barcelona game far more difficult without him though if he is out.
Yeah that is a big blow. I had you as favorites against Barcelona. Without Firmino I think it will be more 50/50 with Barca maybe as slight favorite.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Would shift the balance massively in favor of Barcelona if Firmino is out for either one of those matches. Not bothered about tonight though, he was due a rest.

John W. Henry attending as well tonight. and Oxlade-Chamberlain is finally back in the squad.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Definitely confirmed?
For tonight yeah he's out. Chamberlain's in the squad for the first time in over a year.
Yeah that is a big blow. I had you as favorites against Barcelona. Without Firmino I think it will be more 50/50 with Barca maybe as slight favorite.
Yeah I think so too. I thought we edged it with a full squad but take one of our front three out and it probably gives Barcelona the edge.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Yeah I'd probably agree but the real issue isn't Firmino being injured, it's who replaces him.

Sturridge gives us nothing when he's playing and Origi isn't a great alternative either.

Irrational.

Yeah I'd probably agree but the real issue isn't Firmino being injured, it's who replaces him.

Sturridge gives us nothing when he's playing and Origi isn't a great alternative either.
Could you not just play a front two of Salah and Mane, and bring in an extra midfielder? E.g. playing Keita at the tip of a diamond. Or would that not suit Klopp's system?

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Could you not just play a front two of Salah and Mane, and bring in an extra midfielder? Or would that not suit Klopp's system?
Maybe. I'd prefer that with Shaqiri in behind them but Klopp's been set on his 4-3-3 for a while now.

He's given up on the 4-2-3-1 since Xmas.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
I thought Klopp might have rested one or two players seen as the Barca and Newcastle games are going to be far tougher and with less time to recover in between. Today was the chance to do it as you do not get easier games than Huddersfield at home. I'd have gone for Shaqiri over Sturridge and put Salah in the middle, especially as Shaqiri is more likely to make an impact off the bench in the next few games and it would be better therefore to try and give him some momentum/confidence.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
I thought Klopp might have rested one or two players seen as the Barca and Newcastle games are going to be far tougher and with less time to recover in between. Today was the chance to do it as you do not get easier games than Huddersfield at home. I'd have gone for Shaqiri over Sturridge and put Salah in the middle, especially as Shaqiri is more likely to make an impact off the bench in the next few games and it would be better therefore to try and give him some momentum/confidence.
I think he's had some injuries as well but Klopp's gone off Shaqiri completely since Christmas. He was doing well for us in December as well.

Wayne's World

Where did you guys hear or see that Firmino is out for the season? Only on a lunch break from work so haven't checked twitter all day

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
Better to be up 3-0 at HT and then replace our most important players, rather than see fecking Origi struggle en have to bring on our best players regardless to force a win in the last 30' or so...

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Agreed. Plus Sturridge is dog poo nowadays, even against Huddersfield.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
Where did you guys hear or see that Firmino is out for the season? Only on a lunch break from work so haven't checked twitter all day
He's not at the moment. It's a slight strain so he's being left out.

BobbyManc

Supports
Man City
I think he's had some injuries as well but Klopp's gone off Shaqiri completely since Christmas. He was doing well for us in December as well.
To be fair he was never really going to get many opportunities with Mane and Salah ahead of him. I don't particularly rate him. He's a good player, decent option off the bench for you but he was never going to threaten for a starting spot.

Better to be up 3-0 at HT and then replace our most important players, rather than see fecking Origi struggle en have to bring on our best players regardless to force a win in the last 30' or so...
You'd beat Huddersfield at home with Origi up front. They're comfortably one of the worst three or four teams the league has seen.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
If Sean Dyche is the villain then the heroes are Liverpool (they are never the bad guys even when they support a racist). So I guess Burnley will rollover for Man City.

RobinLFC

Supports
Liverpool
It's going to have to be an exceptionally light groin strain to only keep him out for this one game!
Could only be a precaution. The kinesio type on the picture might suggest it's nothing too serious.

Paul_Scholes18

I got a sneaky feeling that Huddersfield might get a win here. Although I have mainly been wrong when predicting Liverpool to drop points this season against weaker sides. Did expect them to win against Leicester and West ham though.

Just think this could be the moment when Liverpool mess things up after having done so well this season.

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Huddersfield have only scored in one of their eight away games in 2019, picking up just one point away to Cardiff. Chelsea, West Ham and Spurs all put four or more goals past them this year so expecting at least four for Liverpool.

Klopper76

Supports
Liverpool
I'm expecting a 5-0 but it would be wonderful if we got Crystanbul 2.0 if Liverpool left themselves open while trying to chase GD.
Huddersfield have the lowest goals scored in Europe's top five leagues with 20.

I'm not sure they've got it in them to pull that off.