Premier League Gameweek 37

Charles Miller

Unai makes some strange decisions. Arsenal was putting a huge pressure and close to a goal. He makes three substitutions and the players take 5 minutes to get into the game giving Brighton time to breath. Its not that the players coming are a bad idea but the timing of it its bizarre.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Can't believe Chelsea have finished top 4 with a game to spare.:lol:

League would be so much better if Arsenal and Manchester United were just relegated to the championship tbh.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
The final being away from Emirates. Valencia game is done and dusted.
Okay, I see. I don't think that's an 'away' game as neither team is playing at their home stadium. I don't think it's that the Emirates is an advantage, I think they struggle playing at other team's home stadiums.

Mastadon

Supports
Arsenal
Wow it’s hard to say whether we are worse than United. 1 point from the last 4 games against Palace, Wolves, Leicester and Brighton. Holy shit at least we have the EL to look forward to.

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
So we'll have Arse for company in EL unless they win the competition.

Otherwise, we're on our own:(

peridigm

I didn’t stick around for the whistle for our match. Did our players sit down and look around in disbelief like Arsenal just did?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Arsenal! Just wow.
Just when you think you're the only crap outfit up there, Arsenal can't even win at home, when they've had a great home record.

Glorious. To Arsenal Fan TV later.

Jazz

Garbage. Sell the lot of them.
Sell all of Arsenal and United players. What a bloody disgrace they are.

At least Arse can redeem themselves by winning the EL.

Inigo Montoya

Leave Wayne Rooney alone!!
Chelsea, Arse,Spurs and us have been pretty dire compared to the top 2.

For Spurs to lose 12(?) games and still be in with a chance is ridiculous

Mrs Smoker

Supports
Panthère du Ndé
Tongue in check obviously but would open up more european places for teams like Wolves and Leicester to qualify for europe more regularly and grow more as clubs.
Championship would teach our lads, both players and fans, some humility.

Plus 46+ games in season! Awesome.

AJ10

Tongue in check obviously but would open up more european places for teams like Wolves and Leicester to qualify for europe more regularly and grow more as clubs.
Might as well relegate the top 6 to give others a better chance at growing while we're at it.

Wiltord02

Supports
Arsenal
Sell all of Arsenal and United players. What a bloody disgrace they are.

At least Arse can redeem themselves by winning the EL.
I wouldn't mind if the effort was there but they all just stroll around like its already 6-0.

The lack of initiative and desire to get to the ball first. The pass pass pass mantra with no end product.

To top it all off. We both have owners that don't give a flying **** as long as the money keeps rolling in.

Paul_Scholes18

Arsenal 1 point in the last 4. We have got 2 points in the last 4. Spurs 3 points in last 4. Shocking no doubt.

Jazz

Chelsea, Arse,Spurs and us have been pretty dire compared to the top 2.

For Spurs to lose 12(?) games and still be in with a chance is ridiculous
Unless Arse win their final game and make up the goal difference, Spurs have 4th. They don't need a win now against Everton.
If we had only fecking won our match. We are so shite.

antihenry

CAF GRU Rep
Unbelievable. If anyone said Chelsea would qualify for the CL only a few weeks ago, I'd have thought they were crazy.

But thankfully Arse, Spurs and United have struggled so bad they made us look half decent. This is the most pathetic group of top four contenders in my memory, current Chelsea included. Just when everything was on the line they started competing which of them would struggle worse.

DavidDeSchmikes

Newcastle, Huddersfield, Bournemouth and Brighton (all teams with nothing to play for) all turning in good performance against the top six

Jazz

I wouldn't mind if the effort was there but they all just stroll around like its already 6-0.

The lack of initiative and desire to get to the ball first. The pass pass pass mantra with no end product.

To top it all off. We both have owners that don't give a flying **** as long as the money keeps rolling in.
One my mates (Arse supporter) went to a couple of matches recently and had the same complaint about the lack of effort. Also said the style of play didn't look that different to the latter part of Arsene's reign. Do you agree or do you see some improvements?

Jazz

Newcastle, Huddersfield, Bournemouth and Brighton (all teams with nothing to play for) all turning in good performance against the top six
That's because our lot earns too much money. They hardly care to put the same effort in, only when they feel like it:rolleyes:

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Arsenal can still get CL qualification by winning the EL which they have a great chance of doing. Doubt they'll care much about the last game of the season now.

montpelier

Ramsey's buggering off lads, I don't think he really deserves the full toy cannon send off.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Just tuned-in to see Cech and Ramsey with some gift boxes, Welbeck seems to have one as well - is it confirmed that he's off from Arsenal?

Wiltord02

Supports
Arsenal
One my mates (Arse supporter) went to a couple of matches recently and had the same complaint about the lack of effort. Also said the style of play didn't look that different to the latter part of Arsene's reign. Do you agree or do you see some improvements?
Style is quite similar. Under Arsene, I feel like we always wanted to have possession of the ball. Emery is much more relaxed about the opposition having it and hitting them on the counter. In the earlier part of the season, we seemed to have more energy and liked to press teams with quite a big of success. We also had lots of luck with teams missing tonnes of chances against us. Our possession with the ball though is exactly the same as under Wenger. Xhaka is guy everything goes through which is a horrific thought for a start. We pass pass pass with little movement off the ball. Any team which sets up deep and organised and we usually pass ourselves into oblivion. I'm not surprised Emery has replicated the finishes of the last two seasons. I would like to see him have the ability to ship Wenger's dross out before making a final judgement. What you can't excuse however is our form recently.

I don't think we have improved and I don't think we have got worse. The defence is still a shambles. I want to believe that the players simply aren't good enough to do what Emery wants.

Sterling Archer

Arsenal! Just wow.
Just when you think you're the only crap outfit up there, Arsenal can't even win at home, when they've had a great home record.

Glorious. To Arsenal Fan TV later.
To think this was after we caught up to them and then let them off the hook.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Unai makes some strange decisions. Arsenal was putting a huge pressure and close to a goal. He makes three substitutions and the players take 5 minutes to get into the game giving Brighton time to breath. Its not that the players coming are a bad idea but the timing of it its bizarre.
Guendouzi, Iwobi and even Kalasanac are three of the worst footballers I have ever seen that look like they're doing a lot but are actually doing negative 0. Them three were the best subs Hughton will have made for Brighton all season. Unai completely lost his head like Klopp did by not playing Shaqiri against Barcelona.

Jazz

Style is quite similar. Under Arsene, I feel like we always wanted to have possession of the ball. Emery is much more relaxed about the opposition having it and hitting them on the counter. In the earlier part of the season, we seemed to have more energy and liked to press teams with quite a big of success. We also had lots of luck with teams missing tonnes of chances against us. Our possession with the ball though is exactly the same as under Wenger. Xhaka is guy everything goes through which is a horrific thought for a start. We pass pass pass with little movement off the ball. Any team which sets up deep and organised and we usually pass ourselves into oblivion. I'm not surprised Emery has replicated the finishes of the last two seasons. I would like to see him have the ability to ship Wenger's dross out before making a final judgement. What you can't excuse however is our form recently.

I don't think we have improved and I don't think we have got worse. The defence is still a shambles. I want to believe that the players simply aren't good enough to do what Emery wants.
Ok. I think like us, you need some players shipped out. Still, you've got a Europa League final to do something. I would be shocked if you gave up your advantage going into the second leg so all should be fine there.

Edit - you also need the owner to spend some money...