Premier League Gameweek 37

always_hoping

Jesus Christ. This place is like RAWK with the victim playing over every tackle.

Casemiro is the new Nani.
Both sending offs for Casemiro's this season was a joke as was the red card for Nani a decade ago against Real Madrid, thanks for reminding me of the unwanted memory

Member 125288

Disgraceful performance from Leicester. One of the most gutless performances I’ve seen given what was at stake.
Were you watching a different game? Dean Smith had clearly set them up with 5 at the back and a deep midfield 3 to keep it tight until the later stages of the game, then bring on Maddison and Barnes for the smash and grab win, and to be fair to them it almost worked.

A point takes it to the last game of the season where Leicester play a West Ham team with nothing to play for and one eye on a European final, and Everton and Leeds with tricky games they have to win.

croadyman

Point ultimately suits both teams.

But great, we got two home games. Win em both and cl and third is ours before the fa cup final :)
Think the fanbase is unsure on what approach we should take on Thursday. I generally like the team to finish highest,however City are a different animal so really need to prioritise players for it.

Sylar

Think the fanbase is unsure on what approach we should take on Thursday. I generally like the team to finish highest,however City are a different animal so really need to prioritise players for it.
We have two games, and we still havent got the CL football decided yet.

I think we gotta go strong Thursday to try and get the job done, and then make changes through that game (use all five subs to rest the important players). Hopefully Rashford gets a run out against chelsea, then can start v Fulham (and be subbed off to be ready for the cup final)

We gotta be smart with Varane, Casemiro, Bruno, Rashford, and id say Shaw. Those are the ones we gotta protect for the city match

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Weird bitterness aside, who's demolishing us? The best team in the competition plays in this country and had to claw back a 3-3 draw against us this season at SJP after we ran them ragged for an hour.

Not scared of any team in Europe, especially at home, and especially after a summer transfer window where we should add to an already pretty decent first team.
Wondered how long it'd be before we started getting random Newcastle fans on this forum.

Crimson King

Weird bitterness aside, who's demolishing us? The best team in the competition plays in this country and had to claw back a 3-3 draw against us this season at SJP after we ran them ragged for an hour.

Not scared of any team in Europe, especially at home, and especially after a summer transfer window where we should add to an already pretty decent first team.
The problem will come with balancing European and domestic football, something Howe has never had to do. They'll need a lot more strength in depth to successfully handle both.

A big part of Newcastle's form this season has been the ability to consistently field the same starting 11, especially in defense. Obviously they've had a few injuries here and there, but they've managed to get through them without having to worry about big midweek fixtures.

Man Utd have a similar problem in fairness, the drop off from starting 11 to squad player is too big in too many important positions.

Oranges038

Some have, some not so much, but it’s been a decent hit rate. I’m going to do a ratings post for all our 85 signings on the Forest thread in next day or so. With Henderson, it depends on Man Utd’s asking price. He’s the best keeper we’ve had since Mark Crossley but his distribution is garbage so in some ways would prefer Navas for another season. I think Lodi will stay, he’s a cult hero and best mates with Felipe. With Danilo and Scarpa we’ve got a decent Brazilian presence. (If someone had said to me 18months ago you’d have 4 Brazilians in the Forest squad!). Whats even more bizarre is they’re all left footed.

Edit

Statement from Renan Lodi yesterday
Doesn't read like a statement from someone who's going to stay.

I like Danilo, be interesting to see if he can push on next season, he look like he could be a really good player.

Forest Red

Supports
Nottingham Forest
Doesn't read like a statement from someone who's going to stay.

I like Danilo, be interesting to see if he can push on next season, he look like he could be a really good player.
Agreed - the most optimistic I can be is that he genuinely doesn’t know where he’s going to be. On one hand, he’s not got much of a relationship with his manager but his wife is settled in Spain. On the other hand we have Felipe for another year and the two wives and families are very close.

The last player who had an ”emotional“ moment by themselves at the last home game was Djed Spence so fingers crossed we get a different outcome this time.

justsomebloke

Hope they get fecking embarrassed in it next season. Pot 4 and out their depth hopefully.

Also must be the shittest finale to a prem season in years. Nothing much going on now. Title race wrapped up with 3 games left, Top 4 done midweek, and the obvious Everton staying up.
It's hardly obvious Everton is staying up - that's a real tight 3-way race.

Also, there's a 3-way fight for the spot in Europa Conference League. It may not mean a lot to Spurs, but it does to Villa and Brentford.

Anustart89

Best footballing team in the world getting outplayed here by the best team in the history of the game.

Sylar

It is, like a pre season game nobody gives a shite about
This could have been fantastic if arsenal had at least won some of the games they were meant to. City have rested half a team and just look so much better technically than Brighton's first team

Ridiculous gulf

Sylar

Welbeck with a great attempt at the free kick

But so surprised haaland didn't even get a meaningful strike there

Sylar

Haaland was scared to take on the chance

Don't care, that's what I'm saying