Premier League Gameweek 4

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
give over fella, your hatred/bitterness towards us is making you a bit silly with your ramblings. I've no doubt you are doing some fishing here ;-)
I mean, it was clearly said in jest.

But you have a lot of mid-table quality players in that lineup, that's for sure. Very underwhelming side. Zouma-Tomori will be the worse centreback pairing any top six team will play this year, 100%.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
A bit of a disgrace, that disallowed goal for Villa. What’s the point of VAR if they can’t call back the ref for such decisions? Isn’t that a goal unjustly denied?
because he whistled before the shot or not?

The ref completely robbed Villa a point there.

and this. I have no idae what this refs are doing in this country.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Nice goals by Abraham, looking pretty good.

We're conceding loads of goals though. Right back looking a major weakness now unfortunately.

Harry190

Bobby ten Hag
Am I crazy or is that Sheffield United left-back better than any of those at United? He's very good.

Anustart89

fecking hell, how does VAR not allow Villa's goal and send Tielemans off? feck it off already if you're going to be twats about it.

Mb194dc

Supports
Chelsea
Nice goals by Abraham, looking pretty good.

We're conceding loads of goals though. Right back looking a major weakness now unfortunately.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

Everybody in the BT studio, including the referee thought it was a red. A real howler from the ref and VAR.

Fanatic 00237

Supports
The Indomitable Lions

My question is: why do they have VAR if they don’t want to use it? Every week we have wrong decisions which VAR should have helped with. I don’t get it.

pascell

Pogba got sent off for nearly the same challenge vs Arsenal. The standard of refereeing has been absolute bonkers the past 2-3 years.

AJ10

:lol:

Useless ref.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Ultimately, as much as i think the technology with VAR is fine and i'm generally in favour of it, it is still controlled by humans. And humans are dumb.

prateik

I love Chelsea and Frank..

Making a terrible start to the weekend better..

Top 4 is always on the cards with Arsenal and this Chelsea around.

Bulldog United

They seem to have decided VAR can only mainly be used to disallow marginal offside calls where a player is a hair ahead of the last defender, or when the ball is smashed against a hand from 2 yards.

It seems overturning disallowed goals is not permitted. I've also noted quite a few linesman are still flagging marginal offsides immediately, and the referee is sometimes whistling on them before the attack breaks down.

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
My question is: why do they have VAR if they don’t want to use it? Every week we have wrong decisions which VAR should have helped with. I don’t get it.
It's like they don't want to use it in England.
In other countries, f.e. Germany, they are using it to often sometimes (especially handballs) but in the PL they are doing nothing. Only for offsides.

ZolaWasMagic

Supports
Chelsea
I mean, it was clearly said in jest.

But you have a lot of mid-table quality players in that lineup, that's for sure. Very underwhelming side. Zouma-Tomori will be the worse centreback pairing any top six team will play this year, 100%.
agree on the last bit. I am not a fan of too many youth at all, but i think Rudiger needs to be alongside Zouma or AC. Tomori did ok but id rather Lampard went with tried and tested this year, instead of the youth, personally. Apart from Mount and Abraham (occasionally)

The Billy Gilmour sub was absolutely baffling too and unnecessary.

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
The problem with VAR is you have the same moronic refs making the decisions. As well as doing their best to not overturn any of their pal's decisions.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal

What on earth are they doing...

Sylar

They seem to have decided VAR can only mainly be used to disallow marginal offside calls where a player is a hair ahead of the last defender, or when the ball is smashed against a hand from 2 yards.

It seems overturning disallowed goals is not permitted. I've also noted quite a few linesman are still flagging marginal offsides immediately, and the referee is sometimes whistling on them before the attack breaks down.
And the funny thing is. Newcastles goal shouldnt have been allowed given the use of the arm.

prateik

Are retrospective reds a thing after VAR? or will there be no more retrospective bans for bad tackles ?

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
VVD is either going to have a blinder and score or be at fault for a Burnley goal. No that he is inconsistent but after the awards mid week something is bound to happen.

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea
I love Chelsea and Frank..

Making a terrible start to the weekend better..

Top 4 is always on the cards with Arsenal and this Chelsea around.
As poor as we're looked today we can hold onto the fact we're missing key players. Martial aside what you rolled out is about as good as you have.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
As poor as we're looked today we can hold onto the fact we're missing key players. Martial aside what you rolled out is about as good as you have.
As good as saying, without Hazard you were average last year. Martial is our best finisher and forward.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
As good as saying, without Hazard you were average last year. Martial is our best finisher and forward.
:lol: Come the feck on no it's not, Martial is decent but he's not even close to as influential or talented a player as Hazard.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Chelsea seem to have massive issues defending corners, part of why I think Rudiger and even David Luiz are big misses. Zouma and Tomori just don't have the same commanding authority.