Premier League Gameweek 4

Mogget

Supports
Arsenal
According to this forum, God is liverpool fan. Everything going their way.

Why is it so hard to accept they are just better? You do know you can hate them still?
You can think Liverpool are a very good team whilst also acknowledging when they get lucky. It's not one or the other.

SharpshooterTom

I think they'll win the League this year. Just everything thing seems to be going their way yet again.
Long way to go yet. I think they'll go on a big run here and they could surpass City's winning streak record, but their bad form will come.

Let's not forget they had a chance to be 10 points clear in January last season and they blew it, even when City lost to Newcastle afterwards they failed to capitalise drawing far too many gams.

I'm not convinced Liverpool are good at being frontrunners. We'll see where City are come christmas, given they have the easier run in for the final games, if they're no more than 5 points behind I think City will pip them once again.

AJ10

Long way to go yet. I think they'll go on a big run here and they could surpass City's winning streak record, but their bad form will come.

Let's not forget they had a chance to be 10 points clear in January last season and they blew it, even when City lost to Newcastle they failed to capitalise and drew far too many gams.

I'm not convinced Liverpool are good at being frontrunners. We'll see where City are come christmas, given they have the easier run in for the final games, if they're no more than 5 points behind I think City will beat them.
Funny how little that is mentioned.

wr8_utd

:'(

Let's not forget they had a chance to be 10 points clear in January last season and they blew it, even when City lost to Newcastle afterwards they failed to capitalise drawing far too many gams.

I'm not convinced Liverpool are good at being frontrunners. We'll see where City are come christmas, given they have the easier run in for the final games, if they're no more than 5 points behind I think City will pip them once again.
If Laporte's injury is an ACL or anything more than a month, I think they'll really struggle. Zinchenko, Walker and Otamendi are extremely average defenders and Stones is both injured and awful. They'll feel his loss for sure when they go on their extremely difficult run mid November onwards.

Hulksmash

Liverpool and cut are just too freaking strong. Quick reminder what Liverpool did with Bayern and Barcelona , they made them look like amateur teams.

Klopp and Pep needs quickly to feck off

AJ10

The lost to City away from home. Wouldn't say they 'blew' their chance of opening a 10 point lead.
My post was about the lead they had rather than going 10 points clear but yeah I agree loosing to city isn't blowing it.

Probably should have made the entire part bold.

Camy89

Love Island obsessive
Liverpool are a very good side. Intense, quick, clinical. Watching them is actually quite impressive because they play good stuff.

Being a United fan, that hurts, but it’s silly to put blinkers on and label it as luck. They’re better than us. Deal with it. There’s worse things in the world.

MackRobinson

Supports
Football
Not matter how many goals Mane or Salah score I will always believe Firmino is Liverpool's most important attacker. They have very little creativity in the middle of the park without him.

SharpshooterTom

The lost to City away from home. Wouldn't say they 'blew' their chance of opening a 10 point lead.
City weren't on great form though at that time, just lost to Palace, lost to Leicester, they were wobbling then. They weren't great in that game against Liverpool either, just more clinical. Lost to Newcastle shortly after.

December/January were difficult months for City, and Liverpool didn't capitalise. Even a draw would've been good and would've left them in a commanding position.

Liverpool have a bit of a history of doing this in the PL. Didn't they have a chance to go 6 points ahead of us in 08/09 around January sometime and instead drew to Stoke 0-0? Around the same time Rafa went on that presser rant?

Not to mention they're epic choke against Chelsea in 14' when they only needed a draw in that game. Chelsea had a makeshift side as well hamstrung between two CL semi finals against Atletico.

Last edited:

livkalo

Supports
Liverpool
It's irritating how long TAA takes on corners and throw-ins

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Liverpool are a very good side. Intense, quick, clinical. Watching them is actually quite impressive because they play good stuff.

Being a United fan, that hurts, but it’s silly to put blinkers on and label it as luck. They’re better than us. Deal with it. There’s worse things in the world.
They have been better than us for years.

Our time will come again but United needs changes at roots level

Dancfc

Supports
Chelsea

They definitely bottled the title last season despite getting to 97 points, they were excellent chasers but shit the bed when they had the advantage.

However i feel they may hold on if they establish another big lead, now they've got that taste for winning things they will hold their nerve a bit better.

Boitol

Liverpool have a bit of a history of doing this in the PL. Didn't they have a chance to go 6 points ahead of us in 08/09 around January sometime and instead drew to Stoke 0-0? Around the same time Rafa went on that presser rant?
Liverpool fan here, and I try to be a fair, but come on man - Liverpool 97 points last season - during the course of a long season we couldn't do a lot more than we did.

fps

Respect to Mcneil, he's had a really spirited go at TAA today and not stopped running.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
Take Salah off, he wants his goal way too hard.

RobinLFC

Cries when Liverpool doesn't get praised
Supports
Liverpool
There you have it, Mane very angry and rightfully so.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Don’t blame Mané there not the first time Salah has gone goal searching when a teammate is clearly in a better position.

SharpshooterTom

Liverpool fan here, and I try to be a fair, but come on man - Liverpool 97 points last season - during the course of a long season we couldn't do a lot more than we did.
97 points was an excellent achievement, and despite losing the league to pick your heads up shortly after that disappointment and still win the CL was even more remarkable.

But they had their opportunities to the put the squeeze on City and never properly put them away when they had the opportunity. Drawing against us when we didn't even have a fit striker, they were bad results.

City did win their last 14 PL games to be fair which is crazy, so I would say City won the league rather than Liverpool lost it sure, but I do think there were missed opportunities in that January/February part of the season to make the lead near insurmountable. 2014 was a proper choke.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
They seem to get away with every chance they concede.

DRM

League is theirs this season .they're too good not to win it

Sylar

Hoping club world cup disrupt them. But its soo annoying how within 6 years we look like the inconsistent mess they were back in 2013, whilst they look like a force like we were.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
It was bound to happen. Salah's greed affecting the other two. Firminho is ridiculously cool and seems OK with it as long as we're winning but Mane is feeling like I would. I just want to break his legs.

Two things will happen, either one or both will want to leave or Salah will visibly start making more passes than he wants to or even should in the context of the games coming up.