Premier League Gameweek 4

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
What the hell is wrong with Klopp
I suspect that he might be slightly upset at seeing a promising youngster get such a bad injury a few metres from where he's standing.

Just a hunch pal.

Sylar

Same challenge, and Mane doesnt break his leg (because 99% of the time you dont on those challenges)

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Roberts with the sort of woeful dive we'd be absolutely ripping Salah or Mane for.

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
Could he have deemed the follow through to be reckless?
Not for me, personally. Was one of those unfortunate outcomes. Good challenge actually as he wins the ball, but his other leg catches him. He gives the red due to the outcome which I'm not a fan of. Also, this "he was going to give a red anyway" is horseshit as he didn't even blow up for a foul. Plus, we're not allowed to see the VAR decision, but we have to just accept it.

arnie_ni

Neville bang on. Two identical challenges, one play on, one a red.

Good to see he isn't letting it lie.

Awful injury, awful decision.

Judas

Open to offers
Klopp screams ridiculously over everything, for once maybe his reaction was justified due to the worry over his player, but most of the time its laughably over the top.

Djemba-Djemba

I know it's still ended up with a player getting his leg broken and that's awful but it doesn't look like it came from a foul like the one on Luke Shaw or Ramsey.

It looks just really bad luck.

Cpt Negative

Klopp screams ridiculously over everything, for once maybe his reaction was justified due to the worry over his player, but most of the time its laughably over the top.
Klopp getting away with going on the pitch to speak to the ref mid game too. Gets away with murder

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Awful when a player gets a break like that. Must be hard to refocus back on the game.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Who’s sticking the fork in Mane, then?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
yeah I know he's out of line, just don't see the need to call him a fecking imbecile given the circumstances
Some fans can't let their hatefulness get in the way of an obvious human reaction.

If people can't see someone is upset at being a few metres away from a player getting a terrible injury, then you wonder how they deal with real life.

diarm

Has Klopp ever been sent to the stands? The ref must have told him to leave the field 4 or 5 times there and he was still there, screaming in his ear while he was trying to listen to what VAR were telling him.

I understand he was upset at the injury but that sort of emotion is precisely the reason managers shouldn't be allowed onto the field to scream at referees.

He gets away with shit that no other manager gets away with. On a regular basis.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Crazy how Leeds are still getting in behind even though they're a man down.

acnumber9

Neville bang on. Two identical challenges, one play on, one a red.

Good to see he isn't letting it lie.

Awful injury, awful decision.
He waved play on for both. Pawson blatantly lying that he was always going to give a red card shouldn’t be allowed to lie.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
And only a red card would make him feel better?
You could say that about every single crowd losing their sh!T at every game at nothing fouls.
At least he had a reason to be upset this time, unlike a lot of his nonsense.

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Would make you question going in for any 50/50s wouldn't it.
Makes you realise how easily it can happen too. Surprised it’s not more often tbh but glad. If that happened to Greenwood we’d be devastated.

arnie_ni

He waved play on for both. Pawson blatantly lying that he was always going to give a red card shouldn’t be allowed to lie.
Yep, it was then outcome that gave a red.

Didn't son have something similar against him a season or 2 ago, then had it rescinded?

diarm

Some fans can't let their hatefulness get in the way of an obvious human reaction.

If people can't see someone is upset at being a few metres away from a player getting a terrible injury, then you wonder how they deal with real life.
Being upset is absolutely fine and understandable, staying on the pitch after being asked to leave it several times to scream at an official who is trying to speak with VAR to get to the bottom of the incident in question is not.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
Excessive force is a red .. If the player went in hard and it resulted in an injury, even if he wins the ball, it's a red.

I still havent seen the replay.. I am not sure what happened in this case.. but if his challenge broke someone's foot, it probably gets classified as excessive force.

There you go. Now you can see it isn't a red. ;)

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Being upset is absolutely fine and understandable, staying on the pitch after being asked to leave it several times to scream at an official who is trying to speak with VAR to get to the bottom of the incident in question is not.
Surely you can understand why they wouldn’t send Klopp off though, given the circumstances.

acnumber9

You could say that about every single crowd losing their sh!T at every game at nothing fouls.
At least he had a reason to be upset this time, unlike a lot of his nonsense.
I think at that stage I’d be personally be more concerned at the injury. Emotions run high obviously so easy for me to say. None of that means he wasn’t being a twat as always. Elliott would be no less injured if the Leeds player stayed on.

Ollie Derbyshire

If this was against us we’d all be saying how we’ve been torn apart multiple times, was the same with Chelsea yesterday, Villa went through them so easily. All teams bar City (not seen any of their games this season) seem to have the same issue as us.

Ole's screen

Supports
KC Chiefs

Screaming bloody murder to distract people from trying to handle the situation while making yourself and everyone else hysterical about it is not the way to handle such situations. He was acting like a child.