Premier League Gameweek 4

JB7

Eh? It resulted in a horrific leg break by the looks of it, use some common sense.
Common sense would have been to stop the game. Not to give a foul and certainly not to send a player off for a tackle that wasn't even a foul.

arnie_ni

Have to say, from watching it 5 or 6 times, it looked a well timed challenge.
It's just the follow through that has unfortunately smashed him.
It wasn't even the folllow through though, it was his trailing leg wasn't it?

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
Ok just watching it now and it's not a red I don't think. Feel bad for the lad but doesn't look a red...

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
Not convinced that’s a red, just incredibly unfortunate. Gutted for Elliott.

FireballXL5

Had to go away from the game. I hate seeing injuries like that, doesn't matter who it is. Hope the poor guy makes a full recovery.

arnie_ni

Who the hell is saying it should? I'm explaining why Sky aren't showing it again, because its a horrible thing to see. The challenge wasn't bad really, it was a freak injury/moment.
Sorry thought you were reacting to the first part of his post saying it wasn't a red

GaryLifo

Liverpool's Secret Weapon.
It’s Liverpool so it has to be a red card. We all know this. Very unfortunate but it was a quality tackle and he won the ball cleanly from the replay just posted here.

One Night Only

Prison Bitch #24604
Def a red card imo, both feet off the floor. Wasn't the worst challenge I've ever seen though. But a red is fair for sure. (From the replays I've seen so far)

BusbyMalone

First Man Falling
he is understandably upset
He's an absolute bellend. Screaming in the fourth official's face, whos' probably communicating with the ref knowing full well they're going to look at it and deal with it. Even his own players are telling him to calm down. Especially with an incident like that you need a level head. He's a fecking buffoon

Toad

Neville right though, never a red, only because the injury. Feel sorry for him though, terrible

prateik

Excessive force is a red .. If the player went in hard and it resulted in an injury, even if he wins the ball, it's a red.

I still havent seen the replay.. I am not sure what happened in this case.. but if his challenge broke someone's foot, it probably gets classified as excessive force.

Jack-C20

Time for James to show us why we shouldn’t have sold him. Hat trick coming up.

cyberman

Excessive force is a red .. If the player went in hard and it resulted in an injury, even if he wins the ball, it's a red.

I still havent seen the replay.. I am not sure what happened in this case.. but if his challenge broke someone's foot, it probably gets classified as excessive force.
It wasn’t excessive force, it was unfortunate angles and timing

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.

I broke my foot stepping of the bottom step of a flight of stairs. It can happen.

Okey

Awful for the kid, but that was just an unfortunate outcome. Didn't even look a foul, never mind a red. Doesn't sound right to send him off just based on the outcome.

United Hobbit

I didn't see it live as I was watching something on the ipad (bf has it on as Liverpool fan) looking at the replay, it looks like the Leeds guys leg that isn't the one going for the ball is the one that has caught Elliots leg

Klopp really wasn't helping the situation as ever. Yes it's distressingly but screaming at the officials like that isn't going to help

Darth Revan

So you can get the ball, and break someone leg, but its ok because you got the ball first.

Cpt Negative

Gary neville said it wasn't a red card based on the replay he watched.
He did. Tyler said they’d had it confirmed Pawson was going to send him off, but I just don’t know how the ref was going to do that having not given the foul. Smells like the VAR ref has made the decision, which they’re not supposed to do

arnie_ni

His trailing leg rolled over Elliotts leg, it wasn't a front on challenge. He won the ball from the side.

Tarrou

Of course he's upset, but bending the ear of the 4th official is not helping anyone. The player involved was sent off rightly or wrongly.
yeah I know he's out of line, just don't see the need to call him a fecking imbecile given the circumstances

Sylar

So it's a red then ?
Its not the challenge that got a red, because it was a good tackle, and the ref played on.

The red came due to the end result, which is very unfortunate. Not sure if its due to the way he landed or fell, that ended up doing it.

arnie_ni

He did. Tyler said they’d had it confirmed Pawson was going to send him off, but I just don’t know how the ref was going to do that having not given the foul. Smells like the VAR ref has made the decision, which they’re not supposed to do
I didn't pick it up but I doubt he's been told to say that after neville saying its not a red.

Ollie Derbyshire

He genuinely didn't seem in much pain, it was Salah's reaction that showed it must be really serious.
If dislocated and put back in, is the pain still bad for a while after? If anything broken that badly I’d be surprised if he went off waving,