Premier League Gameweek 7 fixtures (29th September - 1st October 2018)

CA1

This is important. Liverpool have a very good backroom and board support. Arsenal not so much and you're a mess too.
I think United and Arsenal are brothers from another mothers at the moment.

Shit owners who don't strive for footballing success. Fans treated awfully. Average players for their level. Always a drama.

No disrespect to Arsenal but they've just got a bit of a new manager bounce at the moment. They might get CL, might not, Emery will do well to do it and would deserve credit. But they're not going much further, they haven't got the players or the ambition. Then when things go a bit sour, the usual lines will be about Emery and that they need a new coach. Same as us.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I'd agree with this. Talentwise, there is not much between your first 11, Chelsea's, City's and Pool's. City's squad depth is much better though and that's why they are the biggest favorite for the league, but your squad should be able to compete with every PL team besides them.
Why are we just left out of this? Starting 11 wise we are easily up there with the best, certainly no worse than United. We're relatively paper thin squad wise though.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
In the midfield yes. I'm happy with our depth their and all of them are good players.

In the attack, no I'm not sure about it. Rashford and Martial only. Lukaku and Lingard need to be axed to play free fluid good football and Sanchez has been past it ever since his last half season with Arsenal. Zidane will be in for a shocker going down from Isco and Ronaldo to Lingard and Lukaku.

We need investment in the attack imho, as much as the defense. Midfield is great and is sorted for few upcoming years.
Possibly, but then again It's difficult to say with any degree of certainty. I mean, Sanchez, Martial, Rashford and Lukaku is an extremely skilled bunch who, at various points in their respective careers, have proven to be more than capable attackers on their day. That's not to say that some new blood wouldn't help greatly, I'd love to see Perisic at the club for instance, along with Harry Kane for good measure (I'm dreaming, I know).

Defensively we look shaky and that's with Jose shielding them as much as humanly possible with his defensive system and tactical approach. Clearly work is needed in that department. Should also be pointed out that Jose has already invested a significant portion of our transfer fund on the defence, only to seemingly waste it on duds and primmadonnas.

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
I think United and Arsenal are brothers from another mothers at the moment.

Shit owners who don't strive for footballing success. Fans treated awfully. Average players for their level. Always a drama.

No disrespect to Arsenal but they've just got a bit of a new manager bounce at the moment. They might get CL, might not, Emery will do well to do it and would deserve credit. But they're not going much further, they haven't got the players or the ambition. Then when things go a bit sour, the usual lines will be about Emery and that they need a new coach. Same as us.

Been saying for years that we won't get anywhere with Kroenke. He's all about money and doesn't care about trophies. It's the NFL model where every team makes shit loads of money no matter where they finish.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Possibly, but then again It's difficult to say with any degree of certainty. I mean, Sanchez, Martial, Rashford and Lukaku is an extremely skilled bunch who, at various points in their respective careers, have proven to be more than capable attackers on their day. That's not to say that some new blood wouldn't help greatly, I'd love to see Perisic at the club for instance, along with Harry Kane for good measure (I'm dreaming, I know).

Defensively we look shaky and that's with Jose shielding them as much as humanly possible with his defensive system and tactical approach. Clearly work is needed in that department. Should also be pointed out that Jose has already invested a significant portion of our transfer fund on the defence, only to seemingly waste it on duds and primmadonnas.
The question here is whether Sanchez is on a genuine decline, or whether he looks poor due ot being shoved in to a team which currently has little chemistry/attacking plan. If it's the latter, then yeah you have one of the best attacks in the league .. if not, then the players you listed are all good options but you lack a properly world class attacking player. When you signed Sanchez I thought this had been addressed but thus far he just doesn't seem the same player that he was at Arsenal, and I'm definitely not entirely convinced it's due to Jose.

el3mel

Sanchez form has been terrible before joining us. He was really bad in his last half season with Arsenal. At this time we convinced ourselves that it was because he switched off but he continued in the same pattern. I think he's really past it. We got him at the wrong time imo.

As for Lukaku, he's a good striker, but can't see a manager like Klopp or Pep going near him. It's impossible to build a free fluid attacking system with one of the front 3 having an inconsistent and terrible first touch. No regrets on buying him, but I don't think he's the way going forward, especially with Mourinho gone. I think both are of the same package and will need to follow each other out.

Rashford and Martial have great talent and the next manager can help them reach a good height.

Agree the likes of Lindelof signing was a big mistake and he needs to be chopped off in next summer. A waste of 30m.

CA1

Been saying for years that we won't get anywhere with Kroenke. He's all about money and doesn't care about trophies. It's the NFL model where every team makes shit loads of money no matter where they finish.
Same with us mate.

People on here can't see it. Just going on and on about the manager. God knows how many we'll go through before people wake up.

It's a shame. The last 90's-early 00's were both great times for both United and Arsenal fans. Filled with some head in hands moments as well. Great rollercoasters, great games, great players who you could relate to. Great times.

The Boogeyman

Supports
Liverpool
So you think If Shaqiri had scored that automatically means you would have won? By that logic, what if Willian and Hazard had scored their 1 on 1 chances?
Nope. Everything obviously would've been different had shaqiri scored. My post was a somewhat tongue-in-cheek reply to the poster that implied sturridge's world worldie was the only great chance liverpool had to get points. Liverpool created plenty of solid chances. The perception that Chelsea outplayed them exists because they scored earlier, not because they had many more chances or controlled the run of play.

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
After watching those honest interviews with Sarri, Hazard and Luiz my hatred of Chelsea dropped a notch. I think I need a lie down.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
The question here is whether Sanchez is on a genuine decline, or whether he looks poor due ot being shoved in to a team which currently has little chemistry/attacking plan. If it's the latter, then yeah you have one of the best attacks in the league .. if not, then the players you listed are all good options but you lack a properly world class attacking player. When you signed Sanchez I thought this had been addressed but thus far he just doesn't seem the same player that he was at Arsenal, and I'm definitely not entirely convinced it's due to Jose.
I honestly don't know (I don't think anyone does including Sanchez) but obviously I'm hoping it isn't a permanent decline.

I don't disagree with any of your post. Clearly, you have been watching us this season, but I wouldn't write to much into our current performances, I think the players are simply not performing for Jose and to make a judgement on their ability at this point would probably end up slightly skewed.

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Laughing at how shit you are, you mean?

Maybe.
Arsenal fans are laughing at us now? I didn't see that one coming.

Do you even remember the last time Arsenal won a league title or the CL (oops, you've never won the CL. My bad!)?

Grinner

Not fat gutted. Hirsuteness of shoulders TBD.
Staff
Supports
Arsenal
Arsenal fans are laughing at us now? I didn't see that one coming.

Do you even remember the last time Arsenal won a league title or the CL (oops, you've never won the CL. My bad!)?

I remember when you were this shit and it's funny seeing it again.

Bo_7iDaR

I'm totally apathetic as to who our manager/coach is. It will be make very little difference. A new manager bounce for a short period but we'll still have no direction, average players, money spent only to finish top 4, a decaying ground, the match going fans being treated like shit, the manager will be undermined by player power and the board the moment a few difficulties arise. The same old Sunday paper lines about players not liking things about the new manager. The whole culture of the club is fecked my friend. The cancer has spread from the shit owners to the incompetent board to the spinless and crap players.

Am I in support of Mourinho? Yes, generally. He's a world class football manager who's given everything to help United and is now being treated like shit. I don't think our 2nd place finish will be bettered for a good while and I don't think we'll win another European trophy for a good while. Both were very good achievements with what he had at his disposal. I actually kind of want him to go for himself, he's not been happy with the way the club is being run since Day 1 and has shown signs of depression in my opinion. I'd thank him and wish him all the best.
Couldn't have said it any better. I'd love to be proven wrong but as far as I'm concerned many fans that believe we are only a Guardiola away from having Martial and Rashford transformed into the next Rooney and Ronaldo are in for a rude awakening once we replace Jose with a "modern, attacking coach".

minoo-utd

It's Chelsea.
They are built on sand, so seem to be able to change everything, and succeed immediately. It wouldn't work for us, as we've seen this last 6 years!
Still there is so much work on the manager to turn things around. And theirs is succeeding in that playing also good and easy football on the eyes.

Canagel

I don't see any talented bunch around. There're about 3-4 talented players. Rashford, Martial, Shaw, Pogba. That's it.

Next manager will have to axe the likes of Lukaku and Lingard from the main attacking lineup and get rid of Sanchez as well. Mourinho is the only one who can tolerate having Lukaku leading the line for him. No other attacking manager will tolerate this. Same for Lingard.

Matic looks to be on his way to decline. Maybe he'll need replacing. We also still need a CB and another 2 fullbacks to support Dalot and Shaw. Valencia and Young should have their contract terminated next summer.

If we're getting Zidane next summer, he won't do anything with Lukaku, Lingard and Sanchez as his forward line. He doesn't have a definitive system as Klopp, Pep and Sarri. He's the same school as Mourinho and Carlo who depends on quality of the forwards.

We'll need to spend a lot. We had spent a lot but very poorly under LVG and Mourinho. Hopefully we start spending in right areas and on right players.
It's amazing after all the money we've spent in the last 4/5 years we still look like we need another 200 million spent on the team. The worry is that we don't know how Zidane will approach new signings since he hardly signed anyone for RM instead preferring to work with the players he already had. We need the DoF. However the good thing with Zidane is we will attract the top calibre of players so it makes the job easier.

Finn MacCool

Supports
Liverpool
What did they say? ^^
They were all very quick to say a draw was a fair result. Most managers and players are quick to say they deserved more. Sarri seems to have really changed Chelsea very quickly. Although to be fair Conte wasn't that easy to hate.

So overall re: Chelsea I've went from intense "hatred" to just disliking them a lot. Now is that progress or am I actually going backwards?

JDoe

Supports
Bayern
Why are we just left out of this? Starting 11 wise we are easily up there with the best, certainly no worse than United. We're relatively paper thin squad wise though.
Yeah, my bad. I'd agree.

GeorgieBoy

What an uninspiring set of fixtures today.
Good job the golf and F1 are on too.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Seen highlights of chelsea-liverpool. It was all liverpool :eek:

Chelsea had the three massive chances including the goal, and that was it. Draw definitely at least a fair result for 'pool.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool

Chelsea had the three massive chances including the goal, and that was it. Draw definitely at least a fair result for 'pool.
I think that's an unfair reflection. Chelsea's midfield were the better of the two (but not by much), and the chances they created were on average better than the chances we created (except for the Shaqiri one which he should be burying). Allisson earned his wage, despite there being some question marks about his positioning for the first goal, but it's such a fine margin for me that I can't really hold it against him.

Draw was a fair result, though. I think the thing Liverpool fans can take heart from was that our front 3 was nowhere near its best, while Hazard is pretty much on form at the moment. We have gears to go through yet. Chelsea also have plenty of time to continue learning under Sarri, although I must say, what he's turned them into so far in such little time is actually remarkable.

It'll feel like a better point for us than Chelsea fans given the timing of the goal, but given time, I'm sure they'll see it positively. They're making progress, Hazard is on song, and that midfield trio is drool worthy at times.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

Nah Chelsea played really well. Was a really good game, draw was probably fair, but Chelsea were worth the win, their midfield was excellent.