Premier League Gameweek 7

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Sounds like what Liverpool fans said about us for the last 25 years
We are basically two very similar cities and teams, as much as no-one would like to admit it.

Liverpool obviously have had a fair few more unsavoury incidents than us, Suarez t shirts etc.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
He was always a decent PL player. But Klopp froze him out for some reason? Seems to have changed his mind after they couldn’t sell him over the summer.
Honestly have no idea, bit of a mystery tbh. Absolutely quality player.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
He was always a decent PL player. But Klopp froze him out for some reason? Seems to have changed his mind after they couldn’t sell him over the summer.
He's been injured loads.

Wilt

Pool have conceded 15 goals, yet top the prem ......bizzare

DavidDeSchmikes

I know he has been out injured, but what have Liverpool fans made of Keita's time at Liverppol

Josh 76

How they are top when they look so average is a worry.
Not sure why people are saying the title race is wide open this year. They will walk it again. They just find a way to win. Like Utd did under Fergie. There were times when we looked average, but still won the league. Its so hard to get that, but once you have it, it's so hard to compete against it.
fecking hate these wankers.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
Not sure why people are saying the title race is wide open this year. They will walk it again. They just find a way to win. Like Utd did under Fergie. There were times when we looked average, but still won the league. Its so hard to get that, but once you have it, it's so hard to compete against it.
fecking hate these wankers.
Yep. It was a long painful journey watching you lot do that surrounded by Utd fans at school. One of Klopp's first things he did at Liverpool was to change our mentality (players and fans). We used to give up after the 80th minute if the game wasn't won by then. There's a reason Fergie wasn't happy when Klopp took over at Anfield. The football isn't great right now but the mentality to win is there and at this level, an extra 1% of that makes a huge difference

Random Task

WW Lynchpin
Aren`t both of their main CBs out? So, yes.
A couple of players out injured does not amount to an injury crisis mate.

When they start playing Henderson at CB because they have literally no central defenders available from their roster, then we can talk :)

432JuanMata

But we did not used to look like that with SAF.
Yes we did especially in the last few years we were grinding out results left right and center. Even SAF said it wins you the league.
I knew Liverpool where winning the league after 10 games last season as they were poor for half of them but winning them with late goals or poor performances. Don’t lie to yourself we had some awful performances under SAF from 11-13 but we had the winning mentality.
Sure everyone remembers the City win 1-6 but don’t remember that we won 9 out of the next 11 matches by a goal if I’m correct

ray24

Supports
Arsenal
Yes we did especially in the last few years we were grinding out results left right and center. Even SAF said it wins you the league.
I knew Liverpool where winning the league after 10 games last season as they were poor for half of them but winning them with late goals or poor performances. Don’t lie to yourself we had some awful performances under SAF from 11-13 but we had the winning mentality.
Sure everyone remembers the City win 1-6 but don’t remember that we won 9 out of the next 11 matches by a goal if I’m correct
You guys were utterly annoying to watch as a non-United fan, because you are making it look like the minor teams might have a chance at winning or drawing the game before you killed it off at the last minute. Although you guys in 2010-2013 weren't as consistent in winning games as Liverpool did last year. You guys never got close to a 100 points.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Fully expected them to win. People were getting too ahead of themselves with the whole "it's so open this year" stuff. I don't see it. City and especially Liverpool are ahead of the pack and it will show.

432JuanMata

You guys were utterly annoying to watch as a non-United fan, because you are making it look like the minor teams might have a chance at winning or drawing the game before you killed it off at the last minute. Although you guys in 2010-2013 weren't as consistent in winning games as Liverpool did last year. You guys never got close to a 100 points.
Yeah that is it that is why rival teams hated us we looked like we were there for the taking but we would grind it out.

Not to rub it in but must be frustrating as a Arsenal fan because for years you never seem able to go it even when you were at your best with Henry,Viera etc you won games because you were better. That Arsenal team from 09-12 was the opposite of grinding out results

Web of Bissaka

Pool have conceded 15 goals, yet top the prem ......bizzare
Seems to prove the theory in general that Attack > Defense (Atk is better than Def).

Atk to win you games and the precious 3 pts, even if you have to grind, matters of mentality.
Def to help you get at least 1 pts more consistently.

A huge difference of -2 pts there.

I know which one I prefer.. SAF's United (earlier seasons) usually have leaky/risky defenses anyway in exchange of total attacking, so maybe this view of mine is just spoiled/bias.

RashyForPM

Souness went after Salah. A player who despite the narrative statistically hardly gets pens. So it’s not like he’s winning a pen every other game.
You think he’s not a diver then? It’s not a narrative. It’s the truth. He’s world class and a real clutch player, almost like a lesser Ronaldo (compliment), but he’s a massive cheat. This is why many people don’t like him.

SeaCarrot

Well the best defence can do is draw you a game with a clean sheet. You need to score goals to win. So naturally, attack overpowers defence.

nuanced

loves geopolitical narrative
Enjoying Burnley's downfall. Shit team with a fantasy narrative concocted around them with regards to limited resources. Purely by virtue of being in the Prem they earn more than many, many historic European teams.
While this is true, why hate on Burnley for being in the PL? Burnley are at 17th in the PL net spend over the last 5 years, so evidently they've been doing a good job just maintaining their PL status. I'd much prefer teams like Burnley fighting tooth and nail to meet their targets over big spending teams which regularly miss their targets and face no perceptible sporting penalties.

njred

HALA MADRID!
Supports
Liverpool
But we did not used to look like that with SAF.
I don’t where you came up with that. You lot were jammy bastards every miserable weekend from I recall. At least that’s how it seemed from our point of view. That’s the sign of heart and good managment. So, you might not think your team never looked bad under SAF compared to this Liverpool team but the won loss record percentage says otherwise

Rooney in Paris

Gerrard shirt..Anfield? You'll Never Live it Down
Scout
Souness went after Salah. A player who despite the narrative statistically hardly gets pens. So it’s not like he’s winning a pen every other game.
If the narrative were that he was winning a pen every other game, you might have a semblance of a point. But the narrative is that Salah is a diver, which is not so much a narrative as an observation. And that most penalties he wins, whatever the frequency, are often due to his diving.

Pep's Suit

City x Pool next weekend should be interesting but can see a lot of these games finishing 0-0 or 1-1 this season.

Schnappo

Having seen the Liverpool penalty back, it's honestly one of the stupidest fouls I've seen in recent times. From the moment that Salah received the ball, he had his back to Masuaku for the entire time - at no point did Masuaku have any clear opportunity to win the ball back because Salah had put himself between the player and the ball. Why on earth has he tried to clean out Salah's leg to get to the ball? It's not even as though Salah was in a hugely threatening position. Absolutely criminal defending.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Southampton goal ruled out by VAR, was just offside.

We have a nightmare record v them in last 7 years so hopefully we can wake up now.

Agila Dathi

Was it for offside, or handball/foul? (just checked in)
It was offside, and a clear offside. It's just so weird that it took them 2 minutes to decide to take a look at it, but as soon as they started It was clear and took a few seconds.