Premier League Gameweek 9 fixtures (20th - 22nd October 2018)

montpelier

In the PL? Commit to attacking football and you can get results and when teams are afraid of your attacking threat your defense comes under less pressure.

Of course you could do it the other way, whinge that you can not attack because of a lack of trust in your defense, giving the opposition the initiative and confidence to attack, putting the defense under more pressure.
I don't trust the defence & Lukaku stops you doing that going the other way? - :(.

I'm (just) saying - not looking for an argument.

Canagel

Arsenal wont compete for the league until they improve thier results against the good teams. Teams like Leicester and Newcastle have always been bread and butter for them. Just look at thier results this season. Lost against city and Chelsea albeit at the start of the season. They've been the ultimate flat track bullies for 3-4 seasons. Not convinced this soft core in midfield and defence is sorted yet. Still expect them to finish outside top4.
How will they finish out of top 4 if tthese games are bread and butter? They make up the majority of the games.

Pace Abuser

sssshhh...facts don't come into it.
I must have completely dreamt your 6th place finish last season which was under danger to Burnley and our 2nd place finish. Which has seen a massive reversal in just 4 months of new management at Arsenal.

Guy Incognito

Wenger out brigade are feeling justified by these performances
Ah but it's Arsenal though. A cock-up is bound to happen and they'll moan.

V. impressive run of wins and they needed to freshen up the management. But the goals we're seeing now is no different to an Arsenal side of six, seven years ago. It just couldn't get any worse than last season.

montpelier

They're not doing anything, really.

Suspect defence, far too part-time bigtime.

Reddevildans

How will they finish out of top 4 if tthese games are bread and butter? They make up the majority of the games.
If its tight at the top between 3 or more teams while all the contenders beat the dross, then those head to heads are important. Most title winners win (or atleast avoid defeat) the crucial games against their title contenders and now theres more of them.

Vadim

City
Liverpool
Chelsea
Spurs
Arsenal
United

That's my prediction.
I think Wolves and Everton might finish above us too. I predict another few meltdowns from Jose and the players.

7th-8th finish, Jose sacked.

Canagel

If its tight at the top between 3 or more teams while all the contenders beat the dross, then those head to heads are important. Most title winners win (or atleast avoid defeat) the crucial games against their title contenders and now theres more of them.
Arsenal aren't aiming to win the PL though. Top 4 and getting back to CL would be deemed as a success this season.

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Lose 2 against Juve and we are in EL. A better way to get into CL now
A better chance maybe, but we’re not winning the Europa League either - not with Chelsea in there, and indeed Arsenal if can play like this from here on out, never mind the other teams dropping down with us from the Champions League. It’s all pretty hopeless for us as far as Champions League qualification goes.

Anustart89

Just seen the goals. Surprised to not see a single use of the word sweaty to describe them.

edcunited1878

Leicester are all over the place, especially their central mids, and have no shape whatsoever. Obviously credit to Arsenal, but as some have already said, their passing team goals aren't anything new.

Reddevildans

Arsenal aren't aiming to win the PL though. Top 4 and getting back to CL would be deemed as a success this season.
The goal for most of the top teams is to win the league at the start of the season no matter what the circumstances. If its unlikely by xmas then atleast achieve a ucl place. Arsenal should be aiming for the title with this start.

Vadim

Do we really want to qualify for the CL though? What will it achieve? Another season of Jose, more negative football, more meltdowns, more bad press...

Missing out on European football altogether and getting in an attack minded manager who will get bums on seats at OT again is important. Not another tumescent 6 games in the CL next season for a few quid.

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
Arsenal have been better than us for years though, last season is the only season recently we actually finished above them wasn't it?
Never let the truth get in the way of a good moaning! :nono:

afc_gentleman

Supports
Arsenal
Agree, I think our main focus is to stabilise most of all. last season we had an abysmal away record, I think we're looking to get to a point where we look alright at home, do not collapse every third away game, beat most of the 'worse' teams, do not get stomped by the top contenders and get CL if we can.

We haven't been playing brilliantly so far this season but we've often still come away with the 3 points, which everyone is clear about does not paper over the cracks, but it makes the transition work a lot easier as everyone, the media and their dog are not on your back.

Vadim

All the London clubs have such crap chants. “Who are ya?”

I mean, really?

Santi_Mesut_Alexis_87

Supports
Arsenal
Well, must admit i finally enjoy watching us again, albeit we should start better. Everytime we give the opponents the whole first half.

Canagel

Do we really want to qualify for the CL though? What will it achieve? Another season of Jose, more negative football, more meltdowns, more bad press...

Missing out on European football altogether and getting in an attack minded manager who will get bums on seats at OT again is important. Not another tumescent 6 games in the CL next season for a few quid.
Would you take another season in the EL next season if it meant Jose left?

NieThePiet

Supports
Werder Bremen, Arsenal
That made fun. First game of 5 in 12 days.

We have to win against Palace too, because we will probably not look good against L'pool

Vadim

I hope Arsenal get 4th over Spurs. I used to like Spurs until I joined RedCafe.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Usual performance, asleep for a while, unbelievable luck and then we wake up and destroy the opponent in 3 minutes :lol: The real games starts after Palace: Liverpool / Wolves / Spurs / United. 3 of these are at home but it's going to be a massive run of games...

Prometheus

Supports
Chelsea
That made fun. First game of 5 in 12 days.

We have to win against Palace too, because we will probably not look good against L'pool
Right now it looked like you didn't care if opposition players were there. The ball was going through them like ghosts! :eek: