g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Premier League Gameweek 9

Anustart89

That's exactly the type of situation that VAR should sort out, isn't it? Ref doesn't see the contact and VAR helps out.

Has the referee said that he saw Verthongen trip Deulofeu and VAR went "yup that's what happened"?

Absolute joke.

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
VAR is completely pointless in the PL, might as well remove it.
It just now correctly disallowed two goals in two different games. So not useless, just by far the worst version of VAR I've seen.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Spurs lose, sack Pochettino. Utd lose, sack ole and get Pochettino.
It is a game of poker between Levy and Ed. Levy waiting us to sack Ole and buy Poch. Ed is waiting with sacking until Poch gets fired. Who will blink first?

Zlatan 7

We've got bush!
It just now correctly disallowed two goals in two different games. So not useless, just by far the worst version of VAR I've seen.
Maybe not useless but seemingly totally unfair and affecting the outcome of results more than ever, it’s like var can actually choose who they’d like to win the game.

Anustart89

They really need to change the VAR threshold or allow teams to force the ref to look again on a screen.

If a referee won't change another ref's decision, then the only way to change is it to force the ref to look at it again and think "I'll look silly if I don't change my mind here". Embarrassment is a strong motivator.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Best bit of that game was the boos at half time. Well done to the fans.

This Watford team haven’t won all season yet have turned up at our stadium, taken the lead and actually look comfortable. This is incredible.

Tommy

bigot with fetish for footballers getting fingered
Supports
Liverpool
PL refs are so bad that they don't even know how to use VAR.
I'd rather have the on-field ref go to the screen like in the Champions League than what we have currently. At least the ref can choose to make the decision himself in that case, because right now, the VAR team in their little hole seem way too afraid to hurt the feelings of the on-field official, rendering the entire system pointless.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
God, I absolutely hate Burnley. Bus parkers at their finest and every game against them is a chore. Thank feck we equalized just before half-time.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
Ndombele being dropped today is a terrible decision too. He was shite as a DM against Brighton because that’s not his role, so drop him altogether?

Santos J

Best bit of that game was the boos at half time. Well done to the fans.

This Watford team haven’t won all season yet have turned up at our stadium, taken the lead and actually look comfortable. This is incredible.
You think he's gone if you don't win today?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
If we're there in May then fair enough but who gives a shit where we're at now in the league. We're 8 games in ffs.
We should never be in the relegation zone or anywhere near it after 8 games. Thats ridiculous

Cassidy

You've seen the state of our squad, right? Even before our current 9 injuries it's a mid-table team.
Mid table is not the relegation zone. Also he is partly responsible for the state of the squad

Dec9003

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Spurs lose, sack Pochettino. Utd lose, sack ole and get Pochettino.
If Tottenham did sack Poch, would they not do the thing where they put him on gardening leave? Or would it be as simple as him leaving Tottenham and being able to join us immediately?

Cassidy

If Tottenham did sack Poch, would they not do the thing where they put him on gardening leave? Or would it be as simple as him leaving Tottenham and being able to join us immediately?
We could hire him and Spurs would save the money on paying him during gardening leave