Premier League Gameweek 9

marktan

Sheff utd really signed poorly this season.. £55m on Brewster, Ramsdale, Burke and Lowe, and aside from maybe Burke none of them are better than the lower-end PL players they had before.

Brewster and Burke particularly stick out, one has no pedigree signed for big money, the other looked poor in a relegated Bournemouth side.

It's harsh on Wilder as hes built this Sheffield team and is clearly a good man manager and tactician, but it goes to show how crucial transfers are to being a top manager. Get it wrong like LVG did or Jose did after his first season, and it can seriously push you back.

PoTMS

Whoever sanctioned the £20m deal for McBurnie needs sacking. They then went on to spend £20m on Ramsdale and £25m on Brewster. Going down the Bournemouth route.

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Whoever sanctioned the £20m deal for McBurnie needs sacking. They then went on to spend £20m on Ramsdale and £25m on Brewster. Going down the Bournemouth route.
Yep. Crazy money to spend on those sort of players. McBurnie gets heavily criticised for Scotland too I believe

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Yep. Crazy money to spend on those sort of players. McBurnie gets heavily criticised for Scotland too I believe
He’s not terrible overall but you can’t have a striker who finds putting the ball in the net near impossible.

Cheech Wizard

Liverpool fan
Supports
Liverpool
Sheffield United could have done with getting a creative midfielder on loan or something. Don't think we'll interested in activating Brewster's clause even if he's banging in 20+ goals for them in the championship next season.

Walters_19_MuFc

I wouldn't be surprised if Leeds beat them by a goal or two now that Arteta has given the fans what they want. They'll be much more open.

Should be a good game. 2-2 draw, possibly.
Yeah true.

From Arsenal's point of view, think the fans be happy to see Aubameyang back down the middle. At least that's where I assume he'll be playing.

Whilst Leeds play nice attacking football, they do concede quite a few goals. If any of those drop to Aubameyang, you'd expect him to convert.

As you said, should be a good game. Also predicting a draw.

PoTMS

Can't see past West Brom, Fulham and Sheffield United being relegated. They are comfortably the worst teams in the league.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Feel sorry for SU but you could see after lockdown how far adrenaline and morale was taking them last season. They just don’t have the player quality to maintain a top half finish.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
We’re going to challenge Derby’s point record :lol: :lol:
Shows how tight the margins are for mid table teams sometimes. You won that game 1-0 last season. Take 15 points off last season's tally and you wouldn't have been that far off bottom 3 which is what is happening now.

Losing O'Connell was a big blow I think, I imagine the original plan was to play Amapadu as a DM where I think he's better than in a back 3. Think Ramsdale in goal is a big downgrade on what you've had in last few seasons aswell.

What's happened to Mousset? He's your only forward with decent pace and would've finished off that McBurnie chance.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Burnley looked dire midway through last season and then they went on a really good run taking points off most of the top 6. I suspect the same will happen now they've got key players like Barnes and Tarkowski fit again and given how low the points totals are it won't take that many wins to pull clear this season.

Going to be a record low needed for 17th I think, 30 points could well be enough.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
Shows how tight the margins are for mid table teams sometimes. You won that game 1-0 last season. Take 15 points off last season's tally and you wouldn't have been that far off bottom 3 which is what is happening now.

Losing O'Connell was a big blow I think, I imagine the original plan was to play Amapadu as a DM where I think he's better than in a back 3. Think Ramsdale in goal is a big downgrade on what you've had in last few seasons aswell.

What's happened to Mousset? He's your only forward with decent pace and would've finished off that McBurnie chance.
O’Connell huge miss, no overlap from that side now. GK situation was tough, I think we expected to have Henderson back but things changed and we had to go looking for a #1 and Ramsdale was available for a good enough price. Mousset is only just back in training from an injury.

Blades1889

Supports
Sheffield United
What’s happened in your opinion from last season? Missing O Connell and Deano too much? Lundstram contract issues means he’s not playing as well?
It doesn’t help at all no but not so much Henderson missing to be honest as he was shielded well last season. Think we have lost confidence and having no fans has made an impact. We are set up in a different way this season and it’s not working at all.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
The Arsenal team just looks so average now dosen't it?

Leno- Decent on one on ones and reaction saves but not close to top 5 keeper in league imo.

Bellerin- Was fantastic when breaking through but think the ACL injury he got 18 months back finished him off as top level player.

Gabriel- Needs time, looked o.k from what I've seen.

Holding- Average. Better in back 3.

Tierney- Someone I do rate but should be playing at LB far more. Would've been fantastic in any Wenger team imo.

Xhaka- Mug.

Ceballos- I must see him at wrong times as seems he has a good reputation but seems underwhelming when I watch and dosen't impact game enough in final third.

Willian- Had good games for Chelsea last season but he went from automatic starter to just squad player over last 18 month as Chelsea signed younger options like Pulisic.

Willock- Not a generational talent like say Foden or even Wilshere could've been.

Pepe- 70m......

Auba- Was great for them in the run in so could understand keeping him at all costs but looks like that was his last peak form.

People were saying Spurs team was average yesterday but it's way stronger 11 than what Arsenal put out these days.

awop

Odds winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
Supports
Arsenal
Aw nice, thanks.

Was it his? That way you phrased that leaves some room for doubt!
Pretty sure it is yeah. We don't seem to do that "wife swapping" thing in this part of London.