Premier League Gameweek 9

laughtersassassin

They will walk the league again as I have always said.

That said how in the world that wasn't a penalty against Matip is insane.

Then you have one like their penalty versus Leeds where the ball deflects off a mans leg and onto his arm and that is given?

VAR has many positives but my God is it inconsistent. One of the most handballs of the season that.

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
cnuts probably got his name from the time they hacked Cities scouting database, suit them better to delete it and hack our current one.
Nope, we only hacked your accounts to find out which defenders you were after. For obvious reasons. :D

javanmard

Supports
Liverpool
The first time this season that Firminho played a proper game.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
The feck did I buy Vardy in fpl respecting his track record against big sides. Has Rodgers ever won against Liverpool?

Borussin

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Liverpool recruitment team could sign a prime Messi on the back of his 5th Balon d'Or and claim he was a hidden gem.
it’s not their recruitment team doing the claming, it’s some fans and a couple biased twitter journos.

Although I don’t remember Jota being a player touted in a big way, sure there was people who liked him, and touted him, but it was nowhere near the level of players like Werner for instance, who was hailed pretty much universally.

There was a reason the signing came out of nowhere pretty much, and took plenty by surprise after all. A lot of revisionism going on now.

Withnail

it’s not their recruitment team doing the claming, it’s some fans and a couple biased twitter journos.

Although I don’t remember Jota being a player touted in a big way, sure there was people who liked him, and touted him, but it was nowhere near the level of players like Werner for instance, who was hailed pretty much universally.

There was a reason the signing came out of nowhere pretty much, and took plenty by surprise after all. A lot of revisionism going on now.
Agreed, he was doing ok and considered a good young player but he wasn't exactly pulling up trees at Wolves.

big rons sovereign

I agree with you, but you’re not even responding to my point. Ole doesn’t have any sort of tactical plan besides “knock it long & get in behind” as much as I didn’t like LVG or Mourinho’s style at least I could see it. Ole has nothing. I’m not even blaming him for all of our problems. I’m just saying he isn’t a good enough coach to be managing Manchester United. When he leaves us he’s not getting another PL gig. Rival fans literally want him to stay. That tells you all you need to know.
Sorry man, bad mood.

Gasolin

The title race is now a three-way battle imo. It's between Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea.
I'd wait to play at least all the first legs games before thinking about who's in the title race, or not. Many will lose pts.

Pow

Supports
Chelsea
The title race is now a three-way battle imo. It's between Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea.
Slow your roll. Lets see the table at the end of December before we say that. Ourselves and spurs have tougher games coming up now as opposed to liverpool.

Last edited:

padr81

Supports
Man City
Nope, we only hacked your accounts to find out which defenders you were after. For obvious reasons. :D
I heard you deleted the names Van Dijk and Mane and replaced with Stones and Mahrez.

RashyForPM

I heard you deleted the names Van Dijk and Mane and replaced with Stones and Mahrez.
I’m not sure when they hacked it but after the 2015-16 season, you’d be laughed at if you thought Van Dijk and Mane were better than Stones and Mahrez. Not sure why with Stones as he was already error prone, but everyone loved him while Van Dijk hardly got a mention. Probably the English factor.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
They will walk the league again as I have always said.
Agree. I don't think it'll be the same smooth ride as last season but I don't think there's a worthy challenger this season. Spurs will be a top 4 side this season. City are a pale shadow of their former selves. Chelsea are not ready this season. And the others like Leicester aren't really challengers.

Everyone wants this exciting story of an unpredictable PL title race with new faces coming to the fore but I think this more fanatasy than fact.

Member 90887

Slow your roll. Lets see the table at the end of December before we say that. Ourselves and spurs have tougher games coming up now as opposed to liverpool.
Not just that, united have a game in hand, win that and we are two points behind you guys and 4 behind top spot. How can people after 9 games, say with confidence who is in the title race and who is not. Espacially as you have been as inconsistent as us, a bit better yes, but inconsistent none the less. Form comes and goes, espacially in this crazy season where most of the top teams struggling are the ones that haven't had a preseason.

Member 90887

We haven't lost a league game at anfield in three and a half years.
That does not mean you can't or won't lose. As Atletico showed it this year.

It is very probable that this record will end this season with the way things are going in the league.

B20

HEY EVERYONE I IGNORE SOMEONE LOOK AT ME
Supports
Liverpool
That result was good and bad for us.

But good to see that Curtis Jones is now really in plans of Klopp.
Played a really good game yesterday. For a 19 year old midfielder at this level, he has a lot going for him m

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool
That does not mean you can't or won't lose. As Atletico showed it this year.

It is very probable that this record will end this season with the way things are going in the league.
I agree that with the way things are this season, there's a probability of this record ending but you can't use Atletico as the example. Atletico were beaten by us over 90mins and they only won in extra time because our Keeper gave them a goal and we then had to chase the game because of the away goal ruling. This left us massively exposed at the back and resulted in them picking us off.

Member 90887

I agree that with the way things are this season, there's a probability of this record ending but you can't use Atletico as the example. Atletico were beaten by us over 90mins and they only won in extra time because our Keeper gave them a goal and we then had to chase the game because of the away goal ruling. This left us massively exposed at the back and resulted in them picking us off.
While i agree with the general point you're making, the bolded part is just part of the game really.

Let's see how the season goes.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
While i agree with the general point you're making, the bolded part is just part of the game really.

Aye but that game was one of our best performances of the season. It just highlights how truly remarkable a drop off there usually is for clubs between their first choice and back up GK’s, can’t think of any other sport even where it’s so stark in terms of a first team option and back up.

Speedy30

Liverpool Fan
Supports
Liverpool

Yeah it is but all I was saying is that they didn't beat us in 90mins and eventually beat us mainly down to a keeper error. We've still got massive games to play at Anfield so that record will be tested many times before the season is finished. Hopefully for us, we'll see a new centre back come in and strengthen our defence in January