Premier League Matchday 21 (January 1-3)

kidbob

A very Premier League like match, lot's of huffing and puffing with little quality. Hard to go from watching us to watching this.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
He's playing on the last line pretty much. Baldy is playing a 2-4-4 formation.

It's very strange to be honest, he's basically decided not to play the midfield battle, rather get 3 forwards on the Liverpool defenders. Something you'd expect from a traditional coach, not someone like him.
Exactly what I thought. It would help them if he is closer to Fernandinho and build from there. Aguero has been doing his job as well as being their main striker.

ShadesOfTomato

Supports
Liverpool
City haven't done a thing that half up until the goal. Fair play, was a world class finish. Lovren having a shaky as feck game.

BluesJr

Owns the moral low ground
City look nervy as feck really, passing all over the place. Doesn’t bode well for the season, the pressure is getting to them.
I read some posts that completely blew my mind, my favourite being ‘City have been mesmeric’...

I mean, wtf?

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
I read some posts that completely blew my mind, my favourite being ‘City have been mesmeric’...

I mean, wtf?

They've been pretty fecking average and toothless aside from a world class finish from Aguero, I don't get that talk either.

They've pressed nicely, but other than that have not played well.

VivaJesperBlomqvist

United under Ole would give City a proper game here. Liverpool have been really poor. Midfield is a massive weak area for them (none of their midfield would get in ours or City’s would it? I would probably take Milner though, honestly).

Hate both but at least have some respect for the scousers for being a proper club with heritage and a foundation that wasn’t built by oil and a questionable regime..

cyberman

Don't know about stats but City have been the better team by some distance.
I agree but Lukaku had the brunt end of those stats shown to world when we went to Anfield yet I'd say Firminho could be doing even worse so far.
Its strange, the pundits are claiming this is a fantastic game but that's because of City.
They're giving Liverpool shared credit for what City are doing.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
These teams for all their 'pressing' and 'playing out from the back' - don't come close to the likes of Barca when it comes to keeping composed and playing it out from the back and retaining the ball from the press.

NotoriousISSY

$10mil and I fecked it up!
Liverpool haven't come with any intention to win by the looks of it.

Be interesting to see if they go full Klopp metal in the second half.

City have had joy on Sane's side. Lovren and TAA are not defending the area well enough.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Weird how the self proclaimed best CB in the world, could let Aguero score there.
You'd imagine he would win the ball with ease.

SquishyMcSquish

Supports
Tottenham
#AnybodybutLiverpool trending on twitter.

Neutrals choice my arse, feck them in to the ground City.

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
A very Premier League like match, lot's of huffing and puffing with little quality. Hard to go from watching us to watching this.
After 4 consecutive decent matches, us football connoisseurs are right to demand better quality. Next up, shouting 'hoof' when the opposition clears their lines and bemoaning sides who park the bus.

montpelier

Liverpool are proving they're the better team for me - :(. Unlucky to be behind, anyway.

Title is going to Anfield unless their key players pick up injuries.

Cynical cnuts, mind.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
These teams for all their 'pressing' and 'playing out from the back' - don't come close to the likes of Barca when it comes to keeping composed and playing it out from the back and retaining the ball from the press.
Have you seen Barca play the last few seasons?

RedCurry

Liverpool doing the classic bus parking as can be seen by the heat maps. Hardly stepped out of their own half.

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
They've been pretty fecking average and toothless aside from a world class finish from Aguero, I don't get that talk either.

They've pressed nicely, but other than that have not played well.
Yeah get em Squishy, always liked you!

Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
John Stones position (for the Liverpool chance) is shit, he should leave the rebound for the goalie, he nearly gifts Liverpool a goal and yet the commentators STILL praise him for the clearance!

Aguerro dives, gets up and scores and the commentators don't mention the dive.

Kompany's tackle was poor (and worse than Bailly's red?), Salah jumps in the air, dives and rolls and the commentators don't mention it?

These two teams can do no fecking wrong in the media's eyes?

RedNed77

Me having to cheer on these bertie cnuts is on Jose for making us poo. Curse that man.

Slevs

likes to play with penises
All of Manchester is behind City right now :lol:
The arabs have a saying which I like.

Translated literally, its "Me against my brother, and my brother and I against our cousin."

Kush

Hyperbolic and will post where they like!!
#AnybodybutLiverpool trending on twitter.

Neutrals choice my arse, feck them in to the ground City.
Yet hatred for them is 'irrational' :lol:

Media love in and their fans are the only reason why no one wants them to win. Insufferable.

Wiltord02

Supports
Arsenal
This. Really makes you appreciate how special Xavi, Busquets and Iniesta were as a trio. Absolutely dominated the midfield.

Not once did you worry they would miscontrol or give the ball away. Every time City play it round the back, you are waiting for the stray pass/mistake.