Premier League Matchday 4 (Sep 9-11)

DatIrishFella

Band of Brothers, Thief
Matip is a very good defender, but very injury prone. TAA has the potential, but too raw atm, Klavan can be solid .... ish, but he's not top six quality, and Moreno, whilst a liability in defence, is decent enough going forward.

Treble

We didn't face this formation a lot thus far, have we? City could run riot here, if our defenders prove their reputation.
First 10 minutes will be crucial, but I think City won't have many problems dismantling us here. They're under pressure to prove they can compete this season, so they'll make sure that they do. I can also see Aguero get a penalty or two, they'll certainly surround the ref every chance they'll get.
City's defence looks experimental and shaky, your forwards may have a field day today.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
Klavan? not sure at all about that. Mignolet will concede from most of his shots. He's statistically and in depth statistics not your average ones, in the bottom three keepers in the league.

SwansonsTache

incontinent sexual deviant & German sausage lover
That Liverpool defence is truly shocking.

Really damning for Klopp that he didn't reinforce it during the transfer window.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Wait, City actually stitch 'Cityzens' into their training tops? :lol:

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
A draw please:)

Klopper76

"Did you see Fabinho against Red Star & Cardiff?"
Supports
Liverpool
I would love to know why Robertson doesn't get a look in. He was excellent against Palace. I wouldn't have started Klavan for this either.

Fine with the rest of the squad although I was thinking that Gomez might be a better choice at RB over Alexander-Arnold.

Z_Wolf

A city loss would be the best result for us as I can't see Liverpool challenging for the title no matter what happens today.

Skills

Snitch
Big win for either side could dismantle the other teams season here.

Liver_bird

Supports
Liverpool
This will be compact. Still will be goals though, I can see defensive mistakes all ober from us. Be a miracle if we keep a clean sheet.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
What is this obsession with playing players out of position?
Does he have to start Danilo?

Jazz

Why is Bernardo Silva not starting? I thought he'd done well in their last game..

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I mean, City losing would be ideal because Liverpool will drop loads of points this season, not sure I can deal with how cocky they'll be till they get grounded by Bournemouth or someone like that though.

Jazz

I mean, City losing would be ideal because Liverpool will drop loads of points this season, not sure I can deal with how cocky they'll be till they get grounded by Bournemouth or someone like that though.
How can you be sure of that..? I don't share that optimism. Think we can't really judge until at least another couple of months..

kps88

It's pretty crazy City didn't get Evans and get rid of Mangala.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Pep starting with two strikers is odd. What happened to the guy who liked to overload the midfield? I think Liverpool could overrun them in midfield.

A draw would be ideal. A win for either would add some serious momentum in their sails.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
A draw would be perfect with a few suspensions on the horizon for both teams. I feel bad wishing injury on someone, maybe just a slight hamstring for Mane and Salah.

Jazz

Pep starting with two strikers is odd. What happened to the guy who liked to overload the midfield? I think Liverpool could overrun them in midfield.

A draw would be ideal. A win for either would add some serious momentum in their sails.
Fully agreed.