Premier League Matchday 6

Bearded One

Fair fecks to City.
Watching RLC was a pisitive for me, albeit he had to deal only with tiring City players.

Pep should thank Michael Oliver. He is the perfect ref for City.
I was hoping for a draw but you guys were aweful and Oliver had nothing to do with Chelsea’s loss today.

Raw

It shows how absolutely clueless that the Utd board is that they give Ole a new 3 year contract. It's like they make every wrong decision on purpose.
It's not a great position to be in as a fan. He does well enough to get top 4 and get that CL money but not good enough to win trophies.

And he's a club legend so fans aren't as eager to give him shit. Perfect for the Glazers.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Congrats, from the match thread it sounds you were deserved winners.
We looked like we believed from first minute which has been a bit of a problem last 25 years v Man. United. Could've easily scored four goals today. I am greedy though and want to end the Villa Park jinx more than getting a decade win at Old Trafford so the hoodoo won't be fully laid to rest until we do that.

It was a penalty but we deserved that luck at the end so much it's untrue.

MayosNoun

Supports
Chelsea
It’ll be a while before Man Utd win anything of note. The squad is mega talented but never in a million years will they win the league with him in charge.

kyofusho

Utd were always gonna get a penalty after Ole's comments. Didn't expect Bruno to blaze it over the bar though :wenger:

Charlie Foley

I think we needed Chelsea to slip up somewhere. With the start they had, if they opened up a gap with us we might have struggled chasing them. A draw would have been nice too I guess. At least we are still in the mix. Need Liverpool to slip up now

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
It’ll be a while before Man Utd win anything of note. The squad is mega talented but never in a million years will they win the league with him in charge.
They just don't have enough quality in central midfield to challenge for league. Said it before today aswell. McGinn and Luiz are as good if not better than their two sitters today and we'll probably finish about 8th.

Short term solution is to drop Pogba in there. WIll work for some games but he'll be pressed out v others and give away the ball too much.

Siorac

Were Chelsea as awful as the stats suggest or do they not tell the full story?

djembatheking

We looked like we believed from first minute which has been a bit of a problem last 25 years v Man. United. Could've easily scored four goals today. I am greedy though and want to end the Villa Park jinx more than getting a decade win at Old Trafford so the hoodoo won't be fully laid to rest until we do that.

It was a penalty but we deserved that luck at the end so much it's untrue.
Thought you deserved it today, went about your business and a well earned 3 points. You were the better team .

mu4c_20le

Utd were always gonna get a penalty after Ole's comments. Didn't expect Bruno to blaze it over the bar though :wenger:
Wasn't really a pen, but then again Bruno is one of the most honest players in the league

Dumbstar

We got another woman hater here.
Supports
Liverpool
Unfortunately, this could be the end for Ole. Really need him (or Ronaldo, et al) to win the CL game against Villarreal by 4 or more goals. That may buy Ole some time.

Hansi Fick

Supports
FC Bayern
Unfortunately, this could be the end for Ole. Really need him (or Ronaldo, et al) to win the CL game against Villarreal by 4 or more goals. That may buy Ole some time.
No way. Ole's here to stay.

nuanced

loves geopolitical narrative
West Ham caused Leeds all sorts of trouble last season. It'd be interesting to see if Bielsa has any plans to contain Rice and Benrahma this game.

always_hoping

Mega talented is a bit of exaggeration. Defensive holding midfield options are Fred, McTominay and a well past his peak Matic those options especially was never going to good enough to mount a serious challenge.

Now a few injuries to Maguire, Shaw if United had a mega talented squad they would have like for like replacements instead of Lindelof and Dalot..

Kentonio

Scout
Supports
Chelsea
We were awful today. Hope Tuchel never gives another team the respect he showed City today. Disgraceful performance at home given how much strength we have.

AshamanKingpin

Supports
Manchester City
We were awful today. Hope Tuchel never gives another team the respect he showed City today. Disgraceful performance at home given how much strength we have.
This, City fan here but I thought it was an embarrassing setup by Chelsea today. Frequently in the first half, they had 11 players behind the ball in their own half. I absolutely hate it when big teams play cowardly, Mourinho style. For goodness sake, you are at home!

United in sin

Daniel James just dribbled himself in front of Rice. Still looking clueless at this level

Samid

He's no Bilal Ilyas Jhandir
One of the Longstuff's score a worldie

Edit: Shit goalkeeping by the GoPro dude