Premier League Matchweek 22 (Jan 21-22)

djmanj

Supports
Arsenal
Penalty not given to Leicester for foul by Bellerin, soft penalty against Southampton, penalty not given for foul on Valencia in our match and two winners against Burnley which should not have stood and there are a few more too which I can't recall. So many refereeing decisions have gone in their favour this season. I can't think of any refereeing decisions which have gone against them which have cost them points this season. They have been the worst team out of all the top 6. Surely their luck has to run out soon.
Sanchez penalty in extra time @ Everton

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
Tbf I'm not sure we can really complain about teams getting offside goals. Not like we've been immune from the phenomenon ourselves.

NoLookPasser

You didn't see a clear penalty over Mustafi earlier on? It would've killed the match much earlier, but I guess we were just being lucky when the ref didn't see it...
That's the point. Even if a decision goes against you, it eventually didn't cost you any points. On top of that, Arsenal have the best conversion rate in the league this season. You have a good team but I am not sure 2nd is a fair reflection based on the performances this season

Havak

Pokemon master
cept against Liverpool :)
Was more referring to the penalty decision of course because we're not allowed those, we've had a few offsides go our way ;)

Although, barely any of those effected the overall result of the game and they definitely even out in terms of wrong decisions that actually did cost us points!

maniak

Supports
Arsenal
That's the point. Even if a decision goes against you, it eventually didn't cost you any points. On top of that, Arsenal have the best conversion rate in the league this season. You have a good team but I am not sure 2nd is a fair reflection based on the performances this season
Teams are separated by 1 or 2 points, so 2nd means almost nothing right now. In previous seasons we were criticised for drawing these kind of games, having no mentality to recover after a late blow. So even if we were a bit lucky here or there, I also credit a lot of points to combativity and never giving up.

I just get annoyed when people say we've been lucky with ref decisions while ignoring we've been hurt earlier on. Same with Bournemouth, when they scored after a clear foul over Bellerin. Maybe we were lucky in a match or two, but people are going over the top with this "lucky withthe refs" thing.

Skorenzy

The blank stare on Meyler's face there as Marcelo Silva was trying to impart some tactical instructions... :lol:

Antisocial

Has a Sony home cinema
Really doesn't look good this :(

Meyler looks like he's never been so lost after that tactical talk on the sideline :lol:

binary bot
Hull should be declared the winner if they make it to half time at 0-0.

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Disappointed Marco Silva doesn't want buy any "deadwood" from Sporting. And by "deadwood" i mean 90% of our current squad

JohnnyKills

Arsenal can't keep getting lucky. I have no time for them as a club (the supporters are generally clueless) but they keep digging out results late on so they must be doing something right.

WackyWengerWorld

Supports
Arsenal
So a handball in the Home fixture, and an offside leading into vaguely questionable penalty in the away fixture cost Burnley two brilliant draws against Arsenal. Madness, why didn't United this kind of luck against them!
Technically aren't both 'by the rules'. The handball was definitiely unintentional, therefore it's not a foul and still a goal. The foul was a kick in the head and definitely a foul offside or not. Unless being offside means you can kick offside player in the head, but I doubt it.

Catt

Ole's at the wheel!
Haven't seen the line-up but Hull have 3 Norwegians playing for them. They are a sure thing for relegation.